Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    Wow - that's pretty stupid ... I guess 2 + 2 doesn't equal 4.
    .... meh, stupid NFA laws to begin with.
    Extremely stupid on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Well, to be fair, a SECRET or TS doesn't mean you're an angel. Google "Fat Leonard."
    I see your point. I'm no "Fat Leonard", nor am i an angel. I'm just a regular guy. And i have a squeaky clean record. I guess the point i was trying to make was the government entrusts me with knowledge and tools that have the potential to do far more harm than a SBR, silencer, or even a machine gun could do. So for some CLEO to deny me my constitutionally guaranteed rights simply because i'm not his buddy or subordinate, or because he is making a political statement, or simply because he doesn't like the idea of armed civilians, is asinine. The way i understand it, and i might be off base, is that all the CLEO is doing when he signs the form is certifying that he has no reason to believe i'll use the NFA item in an illegal manner. So with a clean record, there's no reason for him not to sign it. More states need "shall sign" laws, similar to "shall issue" for concealed carry. Or better yet, lets repeal the NFA, GCA, and that nonsense from '86. :D

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Farva View Post
    One of my local class 3 dealers said they had a guy get his form 1 back in 6 days via e-file. Also that mail in form 4's were about 3 months. Not a bad turn around
    6 days? Dang… I'm still waiting on a couple eForms From 1s submitted on 28 Jan. Although, my last eForm 1 was about 5 weeks, and my Form 4s ran 3.5-4 months, which is vastly improved from the much longer wait times from not too long ago. So i'm not complaining one bit. But 6 days would be nice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    6 days? Dang… I'm still waiting on a couple eForms From 1s submitted on 28 Jan. Although, my last eForm 1 was about 5 weeks, and my Form 4s ran 3.5-4 months, which is vastly improved from the much longer wait times from not too long ago. So i'm not complaining one bit. But 6 days would be nice.
    No kidding! Can you imagine the amount of money I'd spend if they all came back that fast?? I haven't tried the e-file system yet but I'm defiantly going to give it a go with my next SBR!
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    No kidding! Can you imagine the amount of money I'd spend if they all came back that fast?? I haven't tried the e-file system yet but I'm defiantly going to give it a go with my next SBR!
    For that sort of instant gratification, it'd be worth it! The eForms are surprisingly less painful than i imagined they'd be, almost easy to use. I found a pretty helpful step by step eForms tutorial on arfcom. If you want, i'll see if i can find you a link to it. And i filled out my forms, attached my trust docs, and saved it before i got my lower engraved. Once i got the lower engraved, i went through the form with fresh eyes and a fine tooth comb to make sure i didn't miss anything before submitting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For that sort of instant gratification, it'd be worth it! The eForms are surprisingly less painful than i imagined they'd be, almost easy to use. I found a pretty helpful step by step eForms tutorial on arfcom. If you want, i'll see if i can find you a link to it. And i filled out my forms, attached my trust docs, and saved it before i got my lower engraved. Once i got the lower engraved, i went through the form with fresh eyes and a fine tooth comb to make sure i didn't miss anything before submitting.
    I'd call you a lying bastard to associate anything the government has its hands on as "easy" if I didn't already believe it haha. That'd be great if you can find it! I saw Mr guns and gear had a video on how to do it as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd call you a lying bastard to associate anything the government has its hands on as "easy" if I didn't already believe it haha. That'd be great if you can find it! I saw Mr guns and gear had a video on how to do it as well.
    In my defense, i said ALMOST easy to use. I'll see if i can find that thread.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my defense, i said ALMOST easy to use. I'll see if i can find that thread.
    Haha it's still good enough for me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha it's still good enough for me!
    Close enough for government work, as they say! Found the thread… http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/41...ml&page=1&sr=0

Downloads
    Uploads
    Close enough for government work, as they say! Found the thread… http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/41...ml&page=1&sr=0
    Awesome! Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Thanks!
    No problemo!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Extremely stupid on both counts.

I see your point. I'm no "Fat Leonard", nor am i an angel. I'm just a regular guy. And i have a squeaky clean record. I guess the point i was trying to make was the government entrusts me with knowledge and tools that have the potential to do far more harm than a SBR, silencer, or even a machine gun could do. So for some CLEO to deny me my constitutionally guaranteed rights simply because i'm not his buddy or subordinate, or because he is making a political statement, or simply because he doesn't like the idea of armed civilians, is asinine. The way i understand it, and i might be off base, is that all the CLEO is doing when he signs the form is certifying that he has no reason to believe i'll use the NFA item in an illegal manner. So with a clean record, there's no reason for him not to sign it. More states need "shall sign" laws, similar to "shall issue" for concealed carry. Or better yet, lets repeal the NFA, GCA, and that nonsense from '86. :D
    I'm not disagreeing, just saying that how many folks I've seen with a clearance also can get themselves into trouble.

Since some sort of check seems inevitable, you'd think they could interface with another system that already exists, like CCW licenses. Not a 100% solution across all 50 states, but sure seems like it would help make the process more efficient.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, just saying that how many folks I've seen with a clearance also can get themselves into trouble.

Since some sort of check seems inevitable, you'd think they could interface with another system that already exists, like CCW licenses. Not a 100% solution across all 50 states, but sure seems like it would help make the process more efficient.
    I agree. The psych eval is another one where i question how thorough the results of some peoples tests are scrutinized. If all these various alphabet agencies would actually communicate with each other, life would be much simpler all around. Either that or it'd be a massive CF. I mean, the NSA probably knows more about any of us than we do ourselves. If my agency would've just talked to the NSA, i could've saved six hours of my time filling out the application to renew my clearance!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If all these various alphabet agencies would actually communicate with each other, life would be much simpler all around.
    Ha! hahahaha. You said agencies and communicate in the same sentence LOL.

... but seriously though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha! hahahaha. You said agencies and communicate in the same sentence LOL.

... but seriously though.
    It'll be a cold day in Hell… lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm...I'm at ~35 days and still waiting for an eForm 1. Apparently the NFA gods are not smiling upon me.