Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I finally got home from work and just finished downloading my approved forms (i couldn't view them on my phone for some reason). Despite being signed by an examiner and checked APPROVED, there is still a large "DRAFT" watermark on one of my forms. Kind of annoying. I hope the ATF is quick to send an corrected form, as i'd like to shoot this gun over the weekend.
    The last time that happened to me, I just gave them a call, and within a few hours, the correction was made online.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    The last time that happened to me, I just gave them a call, and within a few hours, the correction was made online.
    Cool. i sent an email, but will call first thing in the morning to follow up. Did you just call the main number (304-616-4500) for NFA branch? There's no contact info specific to the examiner who handled my form in any correspondence i've received.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So much for calling. The Gate Keeper who answers the phone at NFA Branch wouldn't transfer me to anyone who could help, and told me to use the "Ask the expert" feature on the eforms web page to request my form be corrected. This should be fun.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So much for calling. The Gate Keeper who answers the phone at NFA Branch wouldn't transfer me to anyone who could help, and told me to use the "Ask the expert" feature on the eforms web page to request my form be corrected. This should be fun.
    Interesting. I distinctly recall just dialing the general number, and they were super helpful. Maybe it just depends on who you speak to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the same problem. Call again and again. You'll eventually get the right person. I told them after several emails directly to my examiner and calls I was transferred to Mrs. Ramsburg. She's pretty high on up, she apologized and said to give her till the next morning and she'd have me the straightened out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Email ted.clutter@atf.gov

Ted seems to be the guy to contact about this type of stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post

And/or use the "Ask the Experts..." It seems that either gets near immediate results (24 hours) since they know the issue is on their end.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    And/or use the "Ask the Experts..." It seems that either gets near immediate results (24 hours) since they know the issue is on their end.
    That's pretty mixed as far as results. I get a 50/50 results using it. Half of the time within a day or two and the other time no response at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Him and Kim are examiner supervisors. I've talked with both for various reasons. They're both super nice and will help get things done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Perfect! Thanks for the info. I'll send him an email. I probably won't hear anything back until next week since it's past COB today, but I'll feel better about my request going to a specific person as opposed to some random bulk mailbox.

As for my calls to them today, I called multiple times and tried various options from the automated menu, but got "Mary" the Gate Keeper every time. She was nice enough, just not as helpful as I'd have liked. I'm sure with all the phone calls from people freaking out because their form wasn't approved instantly and calling for daily status updates on their forms, some filtering is necessary. But it would've been nice to get the email address of my examiner, voicemail, something other than the generic "ask the expert".

Thanks again for the info! I'll be sure and update when this snafu gets resolved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect! Thanks for the info. I'll send him an email. I probably won't hear anything back until next week since it's past COB today, but I'll feel better about my request going to a specific person as opposed to some random bulk mailbox.

As for my calls to them today, I called multiple times and tried various options from the automated menu, but got "Mary" the Gate Keeper every time. She was nice enough, just not as helpful as I'd have liked. I'm sure with all the phone calls from people freaking out because their form wasn't approved instantly and calling for daily status updates on their forms, some filtering is necessary. But it would've been nice to get the email address of my examiner, voicemail, something other than the generic "ask the expert".

Thanks again for the info! I'll be sure and update when this snafu gets resolved.
    Don't be surprised. My stamp was approved at like 10pm on a Sunday by Ted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't be surprised. My stamp was approved at like 10pm on a Sunday by Ted.
    Wow! Those guys have got to be raking in some serious OT!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Super bowl Sunday to be exact. It was during the last quarter of the game. I remember because I was pissed off at the Seahawks for not dominating that game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Super bowl Sunday to be exact. It was during the last quarter of the game. I remember because I was pissed off at the Seahawks for not dominating that game.

You and every other Seahawk fan.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not much of a football fan (baseball is more my game), but i was surprised the Hawks didn't kick ass and take names. They sure picked one helluva day to play like crap.