Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn MK18! You win... I fold...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    Damn MK18! You win... I fold...
    I actually wanted a Colt 6933, but couldn't find one in stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Ahh.. That's still a sweet rifle!

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW, are you going to swap out the gas block on the MK18?
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why all the pussy-footing around? Colt 6933? Neat, but just go all in and get a Commando! What's $40K when you're trying to get something sexy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Why all the pussy-footing around? Colt 6933? Neat, but just go all in and get a Commando! What's $40K when you're trying to get something sexy?
    Now you're cookin' with grease!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Now you're cookin' with grease!
    Now, now, let's not start another bunch of drama. It's a "substance that shares similar properties to grease."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Now, now, let's not start another bunch of drama. It's a "substance that shares similar properties to grease."
    But... But... There's extra smoke!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    My first SBR. Submitted 5/26, approved 9/18. Unfortunately, by the time my cans are paroled the temp may be sub-zero.
    Congrats!!

because Form 1 SBR's here look like it's gonna be awhile...

I sure wish WA state would figure this crap out..I need atleast one SBR damnit..which would help motivate for a can..I stil lthink we can file a form 4 for a complete sbr, but no funds for a complete rifle..

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe WA is so un-free. Can't you guys secede from Seattle and all the libs up there?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I can't believe WA is so un-free. Can't you guys secede from Seattle and all the libs up there?
    Sometimes wish we could.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of King County should be it's own little state. But then,why the hell should we give it to them? Places already exist where all their wildest gun-free dreams have already come true. Places like Kalifornia,or better yet, The UK or Australia. Buy them all one way tickets and send them to their utopia.

But in the mean time, WA needs to get it's laws fixed. It's completely asinine that you can own and use an SBR that someone else made, but can't make it yourself after jumping through the same hoops as you'd have to jump through to get the one that already made. I hope it gets cleared up sooner than later. Whenever i write letters to elected officials in regards to gun rights, or Second Amendment issues, i always get some canned response about how they respect my Second Amendment rights and are working hard to protect them, blah blah blah, while at the same time calling for more "common sense" gun control laws. How about this for a little common sense: repeal the NFA of 1934 and GCA of 1968, and eliminate the ATF. That's common sense. Not bullshit like universal background checks (because no criminal has EVER bought a firearm illegally) and paying a tax to own something that's guaranteed to you in the Constitution.

Anyway, i'm coming up on 16 weeks since i sent off form 4s for a couple rifle cans, and about 14 weeks on a pistol can. I'd like to think i'm getting close, but it would seem the #@&%ing ATF is dragging ass on processing forms submitted using a trust. @$$holes.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 21 September 2015 at 01:59.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you at least detail strip your form 4 SBR so you can experience the thrill of assembling it yourself?

That is both funny and sad, but mostly sad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you at least detail strip your form 4 SBR so you can experience the thrill of assembling it yourself?

That is both funny and sad, but mostly sad.
    It's absurd.

RCW 9.41.190
    Unlawful firearms—Exceptions.

(1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, it is unlawful for any person to manufacture, own, buy, sell, loan, furnish, transport, or have in possession or under control, any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or any part designed and intended solely and exclusively for use in a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle, or in converting a weapon into a machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle; or to assemble or repair any machine gun, short-barreled shotgun, or short-barreled rifle.
    (2) It is not unlawful for a person to possess, transport, acquire, or transfer a short-barreled rifle that is legally registered and possessed, transported, acquired, or transferred in accordance with federal law.

Looks like by the letter of the law, if you make any repairs to an SBR acquired via Form 4, you're now a felon. It's ridiculous. The wording of the law is contradictory in nature. Section 2 says i can acquire and SBR in accordance with federal law, and filing a Form 1 and making and SBR is definitely in accordance with federal law. But, make and manufacture are the same in the eyes of WA, despite the feds seeing making as one thing and manufacturing as another. But since some uppity clerk at DOL took it upon themselves to call BATFE and tell them the make and manufacture are the same thing in WA, Form 1 is not an option for us right now. Even if Form 1 was allowed, the wording of the law would still make a felon out of anyone who fixed their broken rifle.

The clear intention, and spirit in which the law was passed, was to bring WA state law in to alignment with federal law in regards to SBRs. I believe that's why so many Form 1s were approved for folks in WA prior to the call being made to BATFE. So even though section 2 allows us to have SBRs, it's the language (highlighted in blue) in section 1 that the ATF is using as grounds for denying form 1s. So, the RCW needs to be rewritten, or the AG needs to tell BATFE it's OK for us to make our own SBRs before we will see another SBR form 1 approved.

Complete and total bullshit, yes?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is this in the revised, or administrative code code? How is this consistent with the 2nd amendment, when it clearly dictates Washingtonian's level of freedom beyond federal ruling?