Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that.

More reason to go trust/efile. My agent contacted me about a mistake I'd made on the form, and was able to correct it, with my stated prrmission prior to entering it into the submission queue. Otherwise, he told me it would have been kicked back, after the time it takes to get to the pending stage, of course. Good guy points for Mr. Schaible!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    My SOT called ................. "Sorry Jerry, ATF denied the application. I forgot to sign the SOT side. You will need to come back with a new check and another copy of the Trust." So, I just lost 5 weeks of wait time because they forgot to sign the Form-4.
    Now that just sucks! Why the need for a new check and copy of the trust? Is BATFE denying forms instead of simply sending them back for correction these days? I had a form get kicked back for correction because the caliber box was accidentally left blank, and my dealer corrected the form and returned to BATFE and it was approved and i had my stamp in hand about a week later. At any rate, i can't imagine your frustration. I hope things get sorted out soon!
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    Why the need for a new check and copy of the trust?
    The Letter that came from BATFE (with the denied Form-4) stated it was rejected - period. It did not have the box checked for "Fix and return" - just denied, and the letter stated the $200 was in their "Refund Process". Luck of the Irish !
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    ouch
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sitting at just over 90 days. Trust e-file. A bit irritating, but I will try not to complain.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    The Letter that came from BATFE (with the denied Form-4) stated it was rejected - period. It did not have the box checked for "Fix and return" - just denied, and the letter stated the $200 was in their "Refund Process". Luck of the Irish !
    Farging bastages. I hope that's not their new way of doing business. I just can't wrap my head around that way of thinking when a simple correction would've fixed it. Sorry, Jerry. I guess 5 weeks wasted is better than 5 months.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it really depends on who you get as the examiner. Talking with my local SOT, he's had varying different interactions with various examiners, to include such instances where the person forgot to include the trust and was just asked to email it to the ATF. Another story included sending the approved F4 back and asking the someone to sign it before it was issued (due to a forgotten signature)!

Downloads
    Uploads
    It also depends on the error that's on the forum 4. I had a similar issue I called to ask about it. They said if it's my fault I can get it fixed and fast tracked if the ffl makes an error it's a full refile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds to me like there's a lot that's left to the discretion of the examiner. If you get one of the good ones, they an make getting everything in order easy for you (and your FFL/SOT). If the examiner wants to be an asshole, it sounds like they have the latitude to get away with it.

At any rate, I got an email from my dealer telling the stamps for my Saker 556 and Saker 762 are in! Too bad I'm out of town and won't be able to pick them up until Friday.

Type: Form 4/Trust
    Items: Silencers
    Submitted: 10 JUN 2015
    Approved: ?
    Stamps at dealer: 06 OCT 2015

One day shy of 17 weeks door to door. I'll take it. If that time table holds, I should have my Osprey 45 in another 3 weeks, and my Colt 6933 in about 15 weeks. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be smooth sailing for those two Form 4s.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

Sounds to me like there's a lot that's left to the discretion of the examiner. If you get one of the good ones, they an make getting everything in order easy for you (and your FFL/SOT). If the examiner wants to be an asshole, it sounds like they have the latitude to get away with it.

At any rate, I got an email from my dealer telling the stamps for my Saker 556 and Saker 762 are in! Too bad I'm out of town and won't be able to pick them up until Friday.

Type: Form 4/Trust
    Items: Silencers
    Submitted: 10 JUN 2015
    Approved: ?
    Stamps at dealer: 06 OCT 2015

One day shy of 17 weeks door to door. I'll take it. If that time table holds, I should have my Osprey 45 in another 3 weeks, and my Colt 6933 in about 15 weeks. I've got my fingers crossed that it'll be smooth sailing for those two Form 4s.
    Question for you. Who did you go through to buy your silencers? Silencershop has the Omega in that I want, but also lists some preferred in-state vendors to me who will honor their pricing. Is there an decline or increase in stamp wait time between an instate order versus dealing with a vendor out of state?

Congratulations by the way

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    Question for you. Who did you go through to buy your silencers? Silencershop has the Omega in that I want, but also lists some preferred in-state vendors to me who will honor their pricing. Is there an decline or increase in stamp wait time between an instate order versus dealing with a vendor out of state?

I bought my silencers through Rainier Arms. If I'd bought from Silencer Shop or some other place online, I'd still need to have it go through an FFL that deals in NFA goodies, and of course stuff like silencers cost more to transfer because of the paperwork and the FFL storing your item while you wait for your stamp. Plus there's the extra wait time involved with Silencer Shop or whoever waiting for the Form 3 to be approved before they can transfer it to your dealer where you can then start the Form 4 (some dealers will start your Form 4 for you once they have the serial number from whoever you bought the can from, others will make you wait to start the Form 4 until the item is physically in their hands in case they're audited by BATFE). Since I trust Rainier Arms and would've had my item transferred through them anyway, and they had what I wanted in stock, I just bought my silencers direct from Rainier Arms. I think I paid a few bucks more than Silencer Shop's price, but with transfer fees and taxes factored in if I'd bought from a third party, I'm coming out way ahead. If Rainier couldn't get me what I wanted, I'd have no worries dealing with Silencer Shop. But I prefer to buy local if possible and save the time it takes for the Form 3 to clear and the transfer fee in the process.
    Last edited by Deadwing; 7 October 2015 at 02:38.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought my silencers through Rainier Arms. If I'd bought from Silencer Shop or some other place online, I'd still need to have it go through an FFL that deals in NFA goodies, and of course stuff like silencers cost more to transfer because of the paperwork and the FFL storing your item while you wait for your stamp. Plus there's the extra wait time involved with Silencer Shop or whoever waiting for the Form 3 to be approved before they can transfer it to your dealer where you can then start the Form 4 (some dealers will start your Form 4 for you once they have the serial number from whoever you bought the can from, others will make you wait to start the Form 4 until the item is physically in their hands in case they're audited by BATFE). Since I trust Rainier Arms and would've had my item transferred through them anyway, and they had what I wanted in stock, I just bought my silencers direct from Rainier Arms. I think I paid a few bucks more than Silencer Shop's price, but with transfer fees and taxes factored in if I'd bought from a third party, I'm coming out way ahead. If Rainier couldn't get me what I wanted, I'd have no worries dealing with Silencer Shop. But I prefer to buy local if possible and save the time it takes for the Form 3 to clear and the transfer fee in the process.
    Thanks bro great answer. I'm guessing Rainier is local to you? I'm not sure how many dealers would stock silencerco in my area, but it sounds like it might be worth investigating. Even if I have to pay a bit more it would probably be worth it for connivence & time?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks bro great answer. I'm guessing Rainier is local to you? I'm not sure how many dealers would stock silencerco in my area, but it sounds like it might be worth investigating. Even if I have to pay a bit more it would probably be worth it for connivence & time?
    Yeah, Rainier Arms is local to me. They're awesome to do business with and I've always got a good deal from them (in fact I think they've adjusted their pricing recently to be more competitive with places like Silencer Shop). If there's a problem (rarely happens), or I have a question, I send an email to the guy I usually deal with and he fixes the problem or answers my question. And he's fast abut it too, very proactive. And I trust their competence as a FFL and trust them 100 % to keep my gear safe while I'm waiting for my stamp, which is important because my money is already spent lol. So for me, saving a few bucks isn't worth giving that up. That said, I've heard nothing but good things about Silencer Shop, so if you've got a local FFL who knows his shit that you trust, you shouldn't have any problems. Ultimately, it's your hard earned cash, so roll with whatever makes the most sense financially and that you're comfortable with.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a form 4 get returned a couple weeks ago. My newly elected Sheriff didn't put his title "Sheriff" after signing his name and department in the CLEO name and agency space. The ATF apparently wanted to know the title of the Chief LEO at Lexington County Sheriff's Department.... duurrrrrr.....at least they let me "have it corrected" and mail it back in.

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought you were LE? Silencerco has like 40-50% off on their LE/MIL Program