Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tb417 View Post
    I called them to ask if they sold just uppers since that's all I need. He told me that all they do is convert yours. At that time it was send him your barrel and pay $750, he cuts it down to 5", ports it, and attaches the suppressor.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    EForm 1:

Submitted: June 4
    Approved: December 27 (DRAFT)
    Reapproved: December 28

So over 6 1/2 months with all of the 41F traffic.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Silencer Shop purchase. Form 4.

Check cashed 4/29.
    Stamp at dealer 1/3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 3 submitted 11/28/16, status changed to approved 1/9/17. Gotta get prints done and then the wait begins.

Question: Two sets of prints must be sent with the form, for each person on the trust, correct? Also, according to the latest I've heard, those are good for one year. From which date are the good? Submitted, or approved? Still trying to decide if I want to go to the hassle of getting the other person on my trust done the same time as myself, vs. doing the individual route.

Anybody have experience converting an individually registered Class III item to their trust? The sound of that kind of makes me think it might be easier to just get it overwith....
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Please correct me if I'm wrong ... (again)

My understanding is that NFA items are not "converted" to a trust, but transferred. Technically that is a change of ownership which would require a new $200 stamp even though you own the trust. I believe that is what my Florida Trust lawyer told me. I have two trusts - one Georgia and one Florida. I asked about combining all the items into the Florida trust and he said they would have to be individually transferred - new stamp for each. But that's been a couple of years, and memory fades ...
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads

Transfer Times

That's my understanding too, Jerry.

Joelski, on your first question, an NFA Trust lawyer Can help a lot. After 41F, I'm amazed at what my attorney has shared that the ATF recommends to work with and around the ruling.
    Last edited by fledge; 9 January 2017 at 14:32.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Form 3 submitted 11/28/16, status changed to approved 1/9/17. Gotta get prints done and then the wait begins.

Question: Two sets of prints must be sent with the form, for each person on the trust, correct? Also, according to the latest I've heard, those are good for one year. From which date are the good? Submitted, or approved? Still trying to decide if I want to go to the hassle of getting the other person on my trust done the same time as myself, vs. doing the individual route.

Anybody have experience converting an individually registered Class III item to their trust? The sound of that kind of makes me think it might be easier to just get it overwith....
    I just (April 2015) transferred 2 SBRs and 1 suppressor to my trust that were previously my individual items. All transferred on Form 4's and it couldn't have been easier, though it felt like putting $600 in a pile and lighting it on fire.

Joking aside, I considered it an investment from an estate planning aspect and at the time 41P/F was looming. Trying to round everyone up on my trust for finger prints, photos, etc was something I wasn't looking forward to, so I just decided to get it over with.

If you want to see what the forms look like filled out I can PM/text/email images, but I won't be able to get to the paperwork till Friday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like I'm better off taking my trustee to lunch via Booking. []
    Last edited by Joelski; 9 January 2017 at 18:26.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Woo Hoo just had 2 form 1 efiles for sbr's hit my email approved
    7/8/16 Filed
    1/11/17 Approved
    Form1 E-filed the day possible in Wa
    2 CMT UHP15 ambi lowers , these are my all out lowers that I spared no expense on adding every part I want .

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sak007 View Post
    Woo Hoo just had 2 form 1 efiles for sbr's hit my email approved
    7/8/16 Filed
    1/11/17 Approved
    Form1 E-filed the day possible in Wa
    2 CMT UHP15 ambi lowers , these are my all out lowers that I spared no expense on adding every part I want .
    Awesome. Waiting for two Form 1s I efiled on 07/02, so here's hoping...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot all about my efiled form one around 6/28. Still haven't heard a word...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mlosi762 View Post
    Griffin Armament Alpha

Form 4 w/Trust submitted on 5/2/16
    Check cashed 5/9/16

So, one month down... Will update once I hear about the approval.
    Update:

Just spoke to the NFA Branch, Form 4 approved on 1/4/17, so my GA Alpha should be paroled soon. Will update again once dealer receives the stamp and contacts me.
    -Los

"I like my weapons like I like my women, slightly dirty, and well lubed."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update:

Just spoke to the NFA Branch, Form 4 approved on 1/4/17, so my GA Alpha should be paroled soon. Will update again once dealer receives the stamp and contacts me.
    My Alpha just shipped to my FFL/SOT. Please post a review as soon as you get some time with it. Lord, I hope the HPA gets passed sap and cuts my wait short. The hope was nice, and I think it's a slam dunk now, but the suspense is killing me!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update:

Not too bad then. I got a few Form 4 submissions in June so hopefully next month for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Bill calls for abolishment of ATF"
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ouse-bill/1329

http://www.guns.com/2017/01/13/bill-...shment-of-atf/

They should do away with the whole out-dated NFA crap all together!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.