Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like post 41F Trust submissions aren't really moving

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Seems like post 41F Trust submissions aren't really moving
    Especially Trusts (18 days from 1 year )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Translation: ATF doesn’t want you to use a trust

Downloads
    Uploads
    They'd love you to use a trust. Especially if you pay $400 to do it!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got 2 back in the mail today. Thought one would be returned for corrections (After I mailed them together I forgot I only included 1 copy of my trust vs 1 copy for each application) Surprisingly both were approved. They must have taken pity on me. 350 days from Check Cashing to Approval:

Form 1 Trust

Mega Arms GTR-3H SBR
    Submitted: 10/25/16
    Check Cashed: 10/31/16
    Pending:
    Approved: 10/6/17
    Arrived in the Mail 10/16/17

Omega MP5K SBR
    Submitted: 10/25/16
    Check Cashed: 10/31/16
    Pending:
    Approved: 10/6/17
    Arrived in the Mail: 10/16/17

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn near a year...wow..so there still working on stuff about a year out it looks like...damn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dead Air Sandman K and Wolf 9SD purchased on 11/2/17

PDW Form 1 - 11/3/17

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Damn near a year...wow..so there still working on stuff about a year out it looks like...damn
    My dealer said individual forms are between 90 - 120 days for him right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    One theory as to why mine went through relatively quickly: My dealer is a "Powered by" Silencer Shop franchise. Maybe they go into a different stack and people prefer to work on them because they're known error-free?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it really has to depend on how big the trust is. If there's only one responsible person, then it's a matter of checking the legality of the trust (however long that takes), and then the background check. If you have lots of responsible persons, it's going to take longer per body.

I'm seeing some trusts coming back faster than a year on NFA Tracker now, but we don't know the if those are single person documents or not, so we don't have all the data.

Add to all of that the reduced amount of paperwork now that the bulk of 41F have been processed. You can see the the wait times starting to come crashing down on NFA Tracker already.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Form 4 Trust... let the 360+ day waiting not hinder you!

Dead Air Sandman Ti
    Submitted: 11/3/16
    Check Cashed: 11/8/16
    Pending:
    Approved: 10/26/17
    Arrived in the Mail: 11/2/17

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Form 4 Trust... let the 360+ day waiting not hinder you!

Dead Air Sandman Ti
    Submitted: 11/3/16
    Check Cashed: 11/8/16
    Pending:
    Approved: 10/26/17
    Arrived in the Mail: 11/2/17
    Do any of your inside people have insight as to why it's so friggin long now for that? I realize you will say that 'it comes with the turf' or 'before...' but I am kind of wondering the status at the ATF or why it takes them so damn long when they had it way shorter than that before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seriously, you're better off doing an individual app and transferring it to your trust later. Hell, better to get the can now then wait for the HPA or whatever to pass. Protip: Don't hold your breath.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Do any of your inside people have insight as to why it's so friggin long now for that? I realize you will say that 'it comes with the turf' or 'before...' but I am kind of wondering the status at the ATF or why it takes them so damn long when they had it way shorter than that before.
    gator touched on one of the reasons above. Trusts take longer to process in general. Longer if you have a gaggle of responsible persons listed.

ATF is also using outside help to process forms, and they're only doing individuals.

Everything I have is on my trust, so I'll continue that route, even if I've been tempted to file as an individual. I'm really in no rush. I've got something being approved every month to every other month right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Seriously, you're better off doing an individual app and transferring it to your trust later. Hell, better to get the can now then wait for the HPA or whatever to pass. Protip: Don't hold your breath.
    I ain't waiting. I got two in jail now. I have at least two more that I really want to get and will do so as soon as my employment situation stabilizes. Still, a year is a PITA. I have lived this long without those particular cans so I figure a little longer won't kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    gator touched on one of the reasons above. Trusts take longer to process in general. Longer if you have a gaggle of responsible persons listed.

ATF is also using outside help to process forms, and they're only doing individuals.

Everything I have is on my trust, so I'll continue that route, even if I've been tempted to file as an individual. I'm really in no rush. I've got something being approved every month to every other month right now.
    I don't think I will go the individual route myself but anything is possible. Everything is set up under the trust so it's literally just a couple clicks away at this point.

On my trust I only have two people listed. Me and my dad. And neither of us have ever been in trouble

Like I said above, I have two in jail now and I have at least two more that I want to get. As soon as the situation permits I will do the deed again. It's just stupid to take so damn long on all of these. Bitching about the ATF here won't help my cause but just saying... that kind of blows.