Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1391

Thread: Transfer Times

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anybody know if it's possible to have a sole individual trust? I.E. nobody else except the responsible person?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Anybody know if it's possible to have a sole individual trust? I.E. nobody else except the responsible person?
    Yes. The settlor is also the assignee (or whatever it's called....person able to touch the naughty things).

On my trust I only have two people listed. Me and my dad. And neither of us have ever been in trouble
    It still takes time. But it appears that time is coming down now that the 41F pig is through the snake.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Yes. The settlor is also the assignee (or whatever it's called....person able to touch the naughty things).

It still takes time. But it appears that time is coming down now that the 41F pig is through the snake.
    In a previous life I ran thousands and thousands of background checks on people (on behalf of a big govt agency here) for a living. We did everything the ATF is doing (and probably more) so I can feel their pain. I am more familiar with the whole 'background check' thing than probably most other people on the planet.

Anyway let's hope I get my crap together soon so I can put two more suspects in jail

Downloads
    Uploads
    In short, each responsible person on a trust is treated like a new Form submission. It’s like standing in line for the ride and l a whole family shows up for the guy standing in front of you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the "Settlor" and the "Trustee(s)." I haven't submitted anything since the new rules, however, I would think that they would require everyone on the Schedule B to have to have fingerprints, photos, etc. done as well. In many states, however, I believe for a trust to be valid the Settlor and the person(s) in the Schedule B cannot be the same. You want to consult an attorney in your state, just to error on the side of caution.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can do it their way or just remove them from the trust, file and add them back on in the future. You can also do a new trust with just your self on it as the Grantor and sole trustee. Then in the future add a beneficiary as needed. Looking at mine I have a clause that states:

2. RESERVATION OF GRANTOR- RIGHTS TO AMEND OR REVOKE: Grantor hereby
    reserves the right to amend, revoke, alter, modify or otherwise change this trust in whole or in part at
    any time and from time to time by written instrument signed by the grantor and delivered to the
    Trustees. No such change shall increase the duties or liabilities of the Trustees. No such change
    shall decrease the compensation of the Trustees. In the event that this Trust is revoked, then the
    Trustees shall pay over to, transfer, assign, and convey to the Grantor, or as the Grantor may direct in
    the instrument of revocation, all of the then trust property, provided however, that any NFA articles
    or Title II firearms may only be transferred, assigned, and conveyed in full compliance with the law.

And I have this form:

Trust Amendment and Notification.

Fellow Trustees,

Pursuant to the powers I reserved for myself in Paragraph 2 of [name of trust], I hereby amend the trust as follows:

[Describe changes.]

[Examples include: I hereby add John Doe as a Trustee; or I hereby remove Jane Doe as Beneficiary]

Please keep this written instrument with your copy of the Trust.

This gives me the power to do as I will with the trust. If a person has a divorce or a family member passes or there is a fallout this power is needed. If you have this clause use it! When you take them off get the amendment form notarized with the current date.
    Last edited by Stone; 3 November 2017 at 18:38.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I am reading through the ruling, it appears that this does NOT include beneficiaries only the grantor and trustees need to be finger printed and photographed. Do folks realize this or am I late to the party?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin Revolution 45
    Purchased 6/3/2016
    Pending 10/20/2016
    Approved 10/22/2017
    Delivered 11/2/2017

No more stamps in the queue, and I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjd3 View Post
    Griffin Revolution 45
    Purchased 6/3/2016
    Pending 10/20/2016
    Approved 10/22/2017
    Delivered 11/2/2017

No more stamps in the queue, and I don't know if this is a good thing or not.

I want to hear your thoughts on that can. It's one of the two on my list that I will buy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    As I am reading through the ruling, it appears that this does NOT include beneficiaries only the grantor and trustees need to be finger printed and photographed. Do folks realize this or am I late to the party?
    I wasn't sure if the beneficiaries on the Schedule B had to be or not. I need to look up the new ruling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    This is why the single shot trust from SS is good for. I can submit paper work as a trust by myself. And when it gets approved I can add beneficiaries by just signing a couple lines and having it notarized.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I want to hear your thoughts on that can. It's one of the two on my list that I will buy.
    I should get some range time next week, and let you guys know. First impression, it's big, but it fits nicely and feels good on my xDm. Bigger than my Omega, but lighter. Disassembly is no problem, and it does come with the piston. I'll give it a try in both regular and K config (you loose 3 baffles). This was my .45 can of choice when I bought it for 2 reasons, it was in stock at Silencer Shop at the time, and the Rugged Obsidian was $200 more expensive. It's all cleaned up and ready to go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So if I'm looking to get my first suppressor, have no other NFA items and no trust set up, what would be the recommended way to go? Only other person who would have full time access is my wife, and with my job I'm gone a lot (don't know if that part matters, just leaves her as the only person at home with access to the safe).

Individual? Trust? Other?

Also, looking to move out of state inside the next 6 months. How does that affect things if I purchase and then move while things are still being processed?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    So if I'm looking to get my first suppressor, have no other NFA items and no trust set up, what would be the recommended way to go? Only other person who would have full time access is my wife, and with my job I'm gone a lot (don't know if that part matters, just leaves her as the only person at home with access to the safe).

Individual? Trust? Other?

Also, looking to move out of state inside the next 6 months. How does that affect things if I purchase and then move while things are still being processed?
    If you want to put the suppressor in a safe that the wife doesn't have access to, go individual. If you want your wife to be able to have legal possession, go Trust. You can add her as a responsible person after the can transfers into your possession, or name her up front and send in prints/photo with your transfer form. I think worse case with a move is you'll have to have your dealer transfer it to your new dealer which will add a few extra weeks at the back end.

If you chose to go with a trust I wholeheartedly recommend Dennis Brislawn and his network: https://nwgunlawgroup.com/ Give his office a call and they'll direct you to someone who knows the ins-and-out of your specific state. It'll cost a bit more than others but you're getting legal counsel, not just a form.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m in your situation, Aragorn. Trust. Because we don’t want the hassle of worrying about keeping items from her in the event we want her to have access to them. You never know what that could be, including emergency situations, like joining you elsewhere in an evacuation or rescuing said items from a fire when you are away.

I’d look at the one-shot trust at SS and add her after the fact.