Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    You guys remember how blocky and ugly the P80 frame is out of the box?

This ain't that:

It's just a mockup at the moment, and frame work isn't quite complete but as you can see, it's been extensively contoured and modified.
    Man, that's quite an improvement! Great work... although I am do lean towards the finer stippling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It needed soooo much work. I'll post some before and after shots once it's completely finished.

Mods to the frame so far include enhanced beavertail contour, glove bevel/interior trigger guard polish, HK style trigger guard contour, primary undercut, trigger guard undercut, magwell reduction, magwell cuts, interior magwell contour, mag release bevel, complete OEM texture and ridge removal, and inset fishnet stippling.

I wish I could get one of these into your hands so you could see how truly superior fishnet stippling is over the velvet style.

Just ask Aragorn.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It needed soooo much work. I'll post some before and after shots once it's completely finished.

Mods to the frame so far include enhanced beavertail contour, glove bevel/interior trigger guard polish, HK style trigger guard contour, primary undercut, trigger guard undercut, magwell reduction, magwell cuts, interior magwell contour, mag release bevel, complete OEM texture and ridge removal, and inset fishnet stippling.

I wish I could get one of these into your hands so you could see how truly superior fishnet stippling is over the velvet style.

Just ask Aragorn.
    Fact.

I've got a lava rock/pebble texture on an M&P. My Umbrella grip before BC got ahold of it had originally deep golf ball like texturing, followed by a finer and more even stipple job later on. I had a previous M&P frame that was done in a tree bark pattern.

BC's Fishnets are better in feel than all the above to the touch, and can hang with the best of them in actual traction when gripped. I can't imagine a better grip application for carry. Or really at all.

...not that I'd be opposed to trying his new chainlink (chainsaw...?) pattern.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Fact.

I've got a lava rock/pebble texture on an M&P. My Umbrella grip before BC got ahold of it had originally deep golf ball like texturing, followed by a finer and more even stipple job later on. I had a previous M&P frame that was done in a tree bark pattern.

BC's Fishnets are better in feel than all the above to the touch, and can hang with the best of them in actual traction when gripped. I can't imagine a better grip application for carry. Or really at all.

...not that I'd be opposed to trying his new chainlink (chainsaw...?) pattern.
    Chainsaw stippling is durable and comfortable, but it's not just not quite as luxurious as fishnet.

Speaking of durability, every velvet style stippling I've created has inevitably worn down and lost some of its grip characteristics. Which, is good for carry, since it makes it less scratchy, but it reduces texture functionality.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good BC!!

Giving me some ideas..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a beauty shot of a Grip23 I finished up tonight.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's a beauty shot of a Grip23 I finished up tonight.

Nice work, now about that FFL... not that we're not bugging you all the time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Nice work, now about that FFL... not that we're not bugging you all the time.
    Heh, keep it up, I don't mind a little extra motivation.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fledge sent me my first cerekoted workpiece and gave me a little bit of a challenge on the layout.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well done BC!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's very clean looking. Well done sir!

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Jimmy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's some shots under better lighting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got me some Battle Cock Stippling... threw it up on my QC10 Colt 9mm Build in progress. Won't do much more with it until the stamp comes in.

Name:  5S3A4100.jpg
Views: 1544
Size:  1.28 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    BC is leading a revolution.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler