Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post
    Sure is purdy
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyzik View Post
    Sure is purdy
    It feels great too. I dont think I'll ever own another Glock without performing an undercut and mag release bevel on it at a bare minimum.

Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW. That's one of the nicest G19s i've ever seen.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads
    BC - that is super clean. Very nice.

Little (literally) XD-S I did

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    BC - that is super clean. Very nice.

Little (literally) XD-S I did
    You do clean work yourself. Got any more?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks BC -

Just a few, so many great polymer craftsman out there I really just mess with stippling for myself and friends

Witness P - just for fun, smooth large texture where the factory stuff was, Cerakoted over:

G35 - second gun I ever did. Nobody gets to see the first

I was really working off of pictures of SAI guns at the time. Got it back recently, changed it up a bit, and Cerakoted the frame.

The one thing I'm most proud of though.. Built this 22TCM 1911 in honor of a horse we lost, Thor. Beautiful, Belgian stallion. I attempted to capture a "flowing mane/tail" in the polymer backstrap.

I'm re-doing the very first job now, it's my carry gun. I have to Devcon it to add back where needed, then I have high hopes to really nail something slick - I'll post it here for sure

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Axlnut View Post
    G35 - second gun I ever did. Nobody gets to see the first

I was really working off of pictures of SAI guns at the time. Got it back recently, changed it up a bit, and Cerakoted the frame.

The one thing I'm most proud of though.. Built this 22TCM 1911 in honor of a horse we lost, Thor. Beautiful, Belgian stallion. I attempted to capture a "flowing mane/tail" in the polymer backstrap.

I'm re-doing the very first job now, it's my carry gun. I have to Devcon it to add back where needed, then I have high hopes to really nail something slick - I'll post it here for sure
    I was ok with the first gun I stippled, but I eventually retextured the whole thing. I've never had to mess with Devcon, fortunately.

I actually handled a recent production SAI G17 yesterday and I was more impressed than I thought I'd be with the grip mods. They had some lapses in quality awhile back, but its good to see it back on par.
    My source tells me that SAI recently worked out a deal to redesign and re manufacture the Arsenal Strike One which they plan to launch at SHOT. I wish I was going so I could drop by to check it out.

Good work on all those pieces. I like all the custom elements of them. Not just the stippling.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It feels great too. I dont think I'll ever own another Glock without performing an undercut and mag release bevel on it at a bare minimum.

Looks good, I'm about to do some playing around on the trigger guard, but I can't stand how I have to adjust my grip on my gen 4 to hit the mag release, would love a mag bevel like that..

I'm a little scared, wish we were closer I'd let ya do some magic for me

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Looks good, I'm about to do some playing around on the trigger guard, but I can't stand how I have to adjust my grip on my gen 4 to hit the mag release, would love a mag bevel like that..

I'm right there with you. I'm nervous as hell i'll screw my frame up. I really want to undercut the trigger guard just to start. maybe if i can do that with success, i'll try a mag release bevel.
    "It's time to start slapping people." - George Carlin

NRA Life Member | SAF Life Member | FPC Member

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Downloads
    Uploads

I haven't worked on a Gen4 yet, but I understand that the magazine release design is different and I've seen several sources (Including Ben at Boresight solutions) Who advise against mag release bevels on Gen4's due to increased danger of mag release failure. They say removing support from the channel can cause it to bind. Same goes for M&P's.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwing View Post
    I'm right there with you. I'm nervous as hell i'll screw my frame up. I really want to undercut the trigger guard just to start. maybe if i can do that with success, i'll try a mag release bevel.
    If you do an undercut just make sure you secure the frame properly and go slow. You do that and you should be fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't worked on a Gen4 yet, but I understand that the magazine release design is different and I've seen several sources (Including Ben at Boresight solutions) Who advise against mag release bevels on Gen4's due to increased danger of mag release failure. They say removing support from the channel can cause it to bind. Same goes for M&P's.

If you do an undercut just make sure you secure the frame properly and go slow. You do that and you should be fine.
    Damn... ok thanks for the info BC about the grn 4 thing, did a little measuring tonite, seems thin there, wish I had a gen 3 here to compare, but never mind if there is possible issues with the mag release, I'll just play with the undercut when I get some time.

Just using a Dremel here and done sandpaper or does one or the other work better ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just using a Dremel here and done sandpaper or does one or the other work better ?
    I'm not sure I understand the question, but I do use both.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I made my own tip a couple weeks ago and finally got around to trying it out on a PMAG. One complaint I have is that it got dirty QUICK. I could only stipple one, maybe two holes, before having to wipe it off. I'm used to cleaning the tip every 5-10 minutes so it got pretty frustrating. I'm also used to holding the iron at a 45 degree angle so holding it at a 90 degree angle is going to take some getting used to. Lastly, the size of the tip seemed pretty close to perfect beforehand, but after the first burn I could tell right away it wasn't small enough. Due to the size of the tip, it turned out a little too coarse for my liking but I think it looks alright. I'm going to sand down the tip a little more and try again later this week.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh S. View Post
    Well I made my own tip a couple weeks ago and finally got around to trying it out on a PMAG. One complaint I have is that it got dirty QUICK. I could only stipple one, maybe two holes, before having to wipe it off. I'm used to cleaning the tip every 5-10 minutes so it got pretty frustrating. I'm also used to holding the iron at a 45 degree angle so holding it at a 90 degree angle is going to take some getting used to. Lastly, the size of the tip seemed pretty close to perfect beforehand, but after the first burn I could tell right away it wasn't small enough. Due to the size of the tip, it turned out a little too coarse for my liking but I think it looks alright. I'm going to sand down the tip a little more and try again later this week.

You going for a honeycomb effect? Hex pattern?I screwed around with several hex patterns for a couple days this fall before abandoning the idea. I couldnt get enough definition out of the pattern as I increased the resolution. If you finish your custom tips with a higher grit sandpaper or polish then you wont have to clean as often.