Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here's my attempt at stippling PMAGs. In the side view of the PMAG you can also see a poor attempt at monogramming.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am no artist, and definitely do not claim to be good at it but I do stipple my own stuff. I will be sending a stock for an upcoming Remington 870 project to BC to have a logo put on it. Here is my MFT grip for my NTD build I have going on right now.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hg8057 View Post
    Here's my attempt at stippling PMAGs. In the side view of the PMAG you can also see a poor attempt at monogramming.
    Considering the tools you used to write JB on that mag, I'd say you did a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Here is my MFT grip for my NTD build I have going on right now.
    How does that feel with the stippling running up onto the beaver tail like that?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Cock View Post

How does that feel with the stippling running up onto the beaver tail like that?
    I walked around all day carrying this grip bare handed. It felt great in my hand. Slapped it on the lower and since I wear gloves when shooting put on a pair of setwear stealth gloves. Gripped and regripped it. It sticks to the gloves like glue but isn't harsh at all on the bare hand.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing too special here. I couldn't wait for Joey to be freed up so I just grabbed a cheap iron I had in the drawer and went to town. I didn't practice; just went all in. My only relief was that if I messed it up, the grip panels are cheaply replaceable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you guys post up ( in here or another thread) what soldering guns/wood burners your using and tips..

I played with my sons wood burning kit tonite on a pmag as these threads were inspiring me to stipple something..lol

His seems to burn really hot and melts really quick and only had the angled/flat blade and it doesnt have any tips so looking to get something cheap to play with and stipple some shit..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Can you guys post up ( in here or another thread) what soldering guns/wood burners your using and tips..

I played with my sons wood burning kit tonite on a pmag as these threads were inspiring me to stipple something..lol

His seems to burn really hot and melts really quick and only had the angled/flat blade and it doesnt have any tips so looking to get something cheap to play with and stipple some shit..

Man I just use a $8 soldering iron from Sears. I don't use any specials tips or anything. I practiced on the large backstrap for my M&P.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just used the sharpest point on a cheap soildering iron. I had been using one that took multiple inserts, but when it finally died I snagged a new one at Wal-Mart. Problem was the new one didn't accept other tips and was built so cheaply that the handle got too hot to hold. Ended up returning it. Just some things to watch for when you go shopping...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Two good to see y'all finally posting on this thread! I haven't been posting because the day job just brought me to Detroit. I've only been on the job in this area one day so far and I've already been shot at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rule of thumb for Détroit : Never go South of 12mile.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rule 2 of Detroit: Always carry. If we go south towards Saginaw, Flint, Detroit we take something haha
    Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

His seems to burn really hot and melts really quick...
    Here's the pen I use...
    http://www.amazon.com/Walnut-Hollow-...oodburning+pen

...and the tip I stipple with
    http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Woodb...ords=mini+flow

A very light touch works for me. One odd thing I've noticed when I touch the tip to the PMAG I get a noticeable "creak" sound as the polymer instantly melts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info and links fellas...

I like to do/build shit myself if i can, thats how it is when building cars/houses whatever.

Also started playing around with kydex and so many things can be done and colors/patterns, etc..Just made a cheek riser for my savage rifle and it turned out great...Really thinking about building a little setup and doing some holsters ...someday..

Anyways...carry on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I am no artist, and definitely do not claim to be good at it but I do stipple my own stuff. I will be sending a stock for an upcoming Remington 870 project to BC to have a logo put on it. Here is my MFT grip for my NTD build I have going on right now.

Btw, how do you like the MFT grip. im looking/deciding on a grip for my upcoming pistol build and was looking originally at the K2 , as i want a more vertical grip, and wasnt sure how they compared to magpuls or others? Ive only ever used magpul grips.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Btw, how do you like the MFT grip. im looking/deciding on a grip for my upcoming pistol build and was looking originally at the K2 , as i want a more vertical grip, and wasnt sure how they compared to magpuls or others? Ive only ever used magpul grips.

I also mess around with Kydex. Started making some holsters and mag carriers.

But to answer your question, I am not sure yet. I have only used Magpul MOE grips and the standard A2 grips. It feels thicker in my hand and I am not sure if I like it or not. When it is attached to the lower I get better and more consistent trigger finger placement.

I am gonna have to wait till the build is done to run some drills before I can give you a solid report.
    Just a regular guy.