A pretty good while ago, I ask for some opinions on Magpul's B.A.D. Lever. I've seen them for I don't know how long, but none of my friends were using them, and I was interested in trying one. The opinion's I got here, to be expected, were mixed, some nay, some eh!, and some really liked them.

Magpul lists them as "Theory Based products", and says they'll do everything from speed up your reloads, to cure the common cold.

They were cheap enough, so I bought one. And I played with it, and worked with it some more, and it really grew on me, so I put one on another rifle, and really grew to like them a lot.

Do they speed up my reloads? No, I don't really think so. First, I'm not going to try to "quantify" them with any data. I didn't create a spreadsheet with hundreds of data points to point to this attribute or that. I just like them, mainly because I don't have to move my hands around to release the bolt, during a mag change. No SPC program, to sell myself on them, they are just simple devices that I feel, personally, for myself, are handier than a shirt pocket.

I think (myself included) some folks have to have a great reward for their risk in trying something new. I can't point to a single selling point for the B.A.D. lever except that it's a simple handy little device, relatively inexpensive, and I like it.

Sometimes just "liking it" is good enough for me. I've got two more ordered, one for a scoped LMT that I mostly just use as a "varmit/target" rifle, where speedy reloads just don't matter, and for a new project that I've got going, and will need to go out for cerakote and camo dip with the rest of the parts that will show, for this new "uber light" I'm trying to build.

So, I don't remember how many folks hated/liked/loved these things, but like I said, sometimes just liking it is enough. Now I've got 2 Epsilon V6G brake/comp/flash hider's to try, to see if I "like them". No stat's required. Just a pot of coffee to start the morning off, and number one gets installed.

Sometimes it's just fun to try new stuff.

FT