Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ M2

Downloads
    Uploads

Walther PPQ M2

Been seeing great reviews on the Walther PPQ M2. I've owned Glocks, a XDM and have shot a few M&Ps; how does the PPQ stack up against them?

Downloads
    Uploads

Walther PPQ M2

Absolutely the best out of the box trigger with an insanely short reset!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own a M&P and a Gen 4 Glock 19. A friend has the PPQ-M2 and I will say it has a very nice trigger out of the box. I think the only thing I would do is stipple it and call it done.
    I owned a P99 .40 and loved it. Would have bought a PPQ but if I am gonna own one I like the M1 with the paddle mag release and at the time they were unicorns. I heard Walther will be bringing the M1 back to the states so I will keep my eyes pealed to pick up an EDC. The M&P is my 2-gun pistol and the wife claimed the G19

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What tact said. I prefer the PPQ (V1 in my case) to any other polymer gun that I have familiarity with. The trigger is great for a polymer gun; no need for Apex to develop an aftermarket trigger for this gun in my opinion. They are also very accurate as long as the shooter does their part.

Computalotapus, Walther already brought back the V1's...my second PPQ is one of the newly imported V1's.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the release the only difference between a M1 and M2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Is the release the only difference between a M1 and M2?
    Yes, although it also means that the original version magazines won't work in the M2, nor will the current-version P99 magazines nor the Desert Eagle mags. The notch for the release is in a different location. The M2 mags are readily available however, so not a big issue. The M1 version with the paddle release is still available, if that type of release is your preference, but supplies are constrained. I found one on GunBroker without any trouble. My dealer couldn't get one.

I own an M&P 9L, had to add a DCAEK and hand-fitted Storm Lake barrel to make it an "ok" firearm for my expectations. I had a Glock 19, but while I was diddling with it to try to make it a functional firearm I stumbled on the PPQ. That PPQ has over 5500 rounds through it, I bought a second one, and sold the POS Glock after I finally got it working (BTF).

I have been completely satisfied with the PPQ. IMHO, it is superior to either the M&P or the Glock in every way.
    Last edited by Hmac; 12 April 2014 at 08:50.

Downloads
    Uploads
    None of the shops around here have ever had one in stock. I hate to order one without ever getting to handle it, but I may just have to break down and do it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still haven't got to handle one of these yet. Do you guys prefer the M1 or M2?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer the M1 but I had a P99 for a long time. Now that I have gotten used to the standard mag release on the M&P I would take either haha. But if I was buying one I would get the M1 and pick up mags when and where I can.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just got my M2 5"....... Quite possibly the best pistol out of the box ever!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am completely indifferent to the method of magazine release. I own pistols with both, like both mechanisms just fine. I started with the trigger guard release for the PPQ because that was all they made initially. More recently, my second PPQ was bought with the same trigger guard release to preserve magazine compatibility. The issue seems to engender a lot of passion among PPQ owners. I get that, but don't feel it. I see it as a training issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer the M1. I have small hands; to release the magazine, I don't have to release my shooting grip to hit the left-side paddle mag release with my thumb. Instead I use my middle finger to hit the right-side release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I would love to see this gun in the M1 version....it would go well with my older First Edition M1 and newer manufactured standard M1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    I would love to see this gun in the M1 version....it would go well with my older First Edition M1 and newer manufactured standard M1.
    Reportedly, the 5 inch slide/barrel assembly fits just fine on the older version frame, M1 or M2 (not correct nomeclature, but how the two versions are called in common parlance). It would be nice if it was available separately as a kit. Anyway, from what I read on the Walther forums, you could buy the 5 inch M2 and use the slide and barrel on your compact-version M1. Walther has said there won't be an "M1" version of the 5 inch, but who knows?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post

That looks slick.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa