Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Walther PPQ M2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I'm very intrigued by the VP9. I really like my PPQ and shoot it very well, but I hope that the VP9 is so good that I'd ditch the PPQ for it. Love to see the state of the art advance. Fortunately, I have a great pistol to use in the meantime while I'm waiting for the pros and cons of the VP9 to become known. Right now, the frantic posturing by the Walther faithful is almost pathetic in the way so many are pooh-poohing the VP9 based on a Youtube video and their interpretation of the specs, all without ever seeing one in person let alone actually shooting it.
    I cannot see myself ditching either of my two PPQ's anymore than I was able to get rid of my Walther P99's or Steyr M or S-series guns in favor of the PPQ which really is superior to those aforementioned guns. I hope the VP9 does well; competition is good for us gun owners. The PPQ-philes need to get over themselves if they are up in arms; just embrace your PPQ, shoot the crap out of it, and enjoy it....its a gun, not a lover. Heck, if I get my hands on one and like more than my PPQ then I'll get one, but since I have two PPQ's and a Caracal F 9mm, I'm really not in my market for another polymer, striker-fired 9mm....now again, if they make a "VP40," I might be on board with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Had the local shop price both the yet to be released VP9 and PPQ. I was quoted $599 for the PPQ and $639 for the VP9.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    With the VP9 on the horizon I'm eager to see the versus reviews.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    With the VP9 on the horizon I'm eager to see the versus reviews.
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice gun. I would score it slightly better for me than either of my PPQs but they're very close.

• ergonomics feel very similar to the PPQ. I have more than 6000 rounds through my PPQ and holding one then the other with my eyes closed, I can't really feel much difference. Both feel great. My hands are a little on the small side, I'll have to try the smaller grip panels on the VP9. With the PPQ, the smaller backstrap feels better, but I shoot the PPQ noticeably better with the medium backstrap.
    • trigger pull - average of 10 pulls...5 lbs 6 oz for the PPQ, 6 lbs 4 oz for the VP9 (Lyman electronic trigger gauge). The PPQ has a lot of rounds through it, the VP9 has none.
    • dry firing...nice crisp break on both. Both are excellent. Take up feels a little longer on the the PPQ (for me, takeup is irrelevant). Can't tell anything about reset without shooting both side by side.
    • size is approximately the same. VP9 is a hair longer in the grip. I can't really tell the difference carrying one vs the other OWB in a leather belt scabbard.
    • weight (with magazine, unloaded)...PPQ 1 lb 9.2 oz, VP9 1 lb 10.6 oz
    • VP9 fits fine in an old Tagua HK45 leather holster I had sitting around. I'll make a kydex holster for it this weekend.
    • quality of construction, fit/finish...both are excellent. I'd call them equal
    • so far, I like the charging ears on the VP9. Nice touch, especially for those of us who rack the slide rather than use the slide release
    • slide release placement is nice on both. I have no difficulty with either, although I typically don't use it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice, thanks Hmac. Is the muzzle flip about equal also?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Very nice, thanks Hmac. Is the muzzle flip about equal also?
    I'm not a believer in "muzzle flip". I heard that "high bore axis" baloney about the PPQ, then about the VP9, especially all compared to the Glock 19 and the M&P. I own all four pistols (actually sold the Glock 19 recently) and shoot the "high bore axis" pistols better. Physics aside, there is so much that goes into a given pistol's "shootability" (not to mention the technique and the ability of the shooter) that I find the whole "muzzle flip" discussion silly. IMHO. YMMV. IMHO, if "muzzle flip" represents a problem for a given shooter relative to split times and accuracy, they need to practice more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone found an alternative to the stock sights that were a noticeable improvement? I have a PPQ M1

Downloads
    Uploads
    My original PPQ m1

Our new PPQ m2 navy

We love these pistols, though I'd love to try an HK VP9 aswell

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by shenvalleywc View Post
    Has anyone found an alternative to the stock sights that were a noticeable improvement? I have a PPQ M1
    I've tried 10-8's (U-notch and brass bead) and Dawson Precision with fiberoptic front. After shooting my VP9 stock and competing with it last week, I've decided that I'm going to go back to 3-dot sights. I'm considering some Trijicon WP-01's for the PPQ one of these days. I haven't determined how much I'll be shooting that Walther anymore.
    Last edited by Hmac; 22 September 2014 at 05:58.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the Dawson Precision sights and it shot like a laser on the 5".