Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ M2

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Reportedly, the 5 inch slide/barrel assembly fits just fine on the older version frame, M1 or M2 (not correct nomeclature, but how the two versions are called in common parlance). It would be nice if it was available separately as a kit. Anyway, from what I read on the Walther forums, you could buy the 5 inch M2 and use the slide and barrel on your compact-version M1. Walther has said there won't be an "M1" version of the 5 inch, but who knows?
    ....good to know Hmac. I wonder what the percentage numbers are here in the U.S. of M1 vs. M2 buyers. I hear of more people wanting the M1, but perhaps because they (we) are (were) more vocal in wanting a return of that version?

Downloads
    Uploads
    First post guys.

I've had the M1 for over a year now. After using the paddle release I wish all my pistols had it.

It's my HD gun with a Crimson Trace Rail Master laser. It's like cheating with its amazing trigger and that laser.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to have you here Dr Tran, what type of Dr are you?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    How does the PPX compare to the PPQ?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post

PPX feels big a clunky to me
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The PPX is a lower price point entry to the Walther line. It is larger (overall) gun compared to the PPQ with a higher bore axis; it looks really clunky especially "thanks" to the non-interchangeable back strap with that weird looking hump. Big differences include it being a hammer-fired gun with a pre-set (DAO) trigger and button magazine release. Despite sharing a button magazine release, the PPX cannot use PPQ M2 (V2) magazines. The sights are, I believe, interchangeable between the two guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to have you here Dr Tran, what type of Dr are you?
    I'm not a doctor.

But honestly, the PPQ has one fault in that it has a higher bore axis than necessary. Other than that it is spectacular. And the paddle release is perfection. And the trigger beats all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was hoping that you were like House or Bones from Star Trek.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Frankly I'd like to see the new Caracal CP whatever pistol. It looks like the perfect 9. But whether it ever comes to fruition is the question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not shot a Caracal either, how do they compare to a Glock or M&P?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    From the ergonomics standpoint, I prefer the Caracal F to any Glock. I prefer the trigger pull and feel of the grip in my hands. It's lower bore axis lets me shoot it faster. I greatly appreciate the reset is positive with a distinct "click." Its equally accurate in my hands compared to my Glocks. Finally, what's not to like with an 18-round magazine in it's 9mm version?

What I don't like: that darned rear sight. Which design genius thought it was a good idea to combine the rear striker plate and rear sight? Major fail in my opinion.

While I like my M&P45, the OEM trigger blows major chunks; mushy, full of creep and overtravel. I need Apex parts for it. I do really like the grip though.

All of this said, I still prefer my PPQ's over even the Caracal despite losing three rounds in the magazine (in 9mm).

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy and use 17 rounders in the PPQ.

Downloads
    Uploads
    True. I have several.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by browcs View Post
    From the ergonomics standpoint, I prefer the Caracal F to any Glock. I prefer the trigger pull and feel of the grip in my hands. It's lower bore axis lets me shoot it faster. I greatly appreciate the reset is positive with a distinct "click." Its equally accurate in my hands compared to my Glocks. Finally, what's not to like with an 18-round magazine in it's 9mm version?

What I don't like: that darned rear sight. Which design genius thought it was a good idea to combine the rear striker plate and rear sight? Major fail in my opinion.

While I like my M&P45, the OEM trigger blows major chunks; mushy, full of creep and overtravel. I need Apex parts for it. I do really like the grip though.

All of this said, I still prefer my PPQ's over even the Caracal despite losing three rounds in the magazine (in 9mm).
    If you look at the Caracal website the gun has been redesigned to address your issues. However I'm not sure if Caracal is now defunct at this point. Their Facebook has been silent for months.

It would be a shame as their redesigned CP looks like the perfect mid size.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I remember thinking the PPQ was pretty cool when it came out. I would prefer the M1 as well, but I had no idea that the 5 inch version M2 existed. It's possibly the coolest polymer pistol I have seen in a really long time. Thanks for starting the discussion. I have a Glock 19 that I'm pretty partial to just because it runs well for me and from a size perspective I think it's perfect. I think the Walther is a bitcooler though.