Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can see how ATF sees it as a suppressor part.. though I hope Sig wins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I hear you man. It's a blatant middle finger to the ATF. However they make determinations all the time based on minute details so if SIG wants to challenge them based on a minute detail I say "Bravo!". The more heat they get from various sources, the more difficult it becomes for them in the long run to support all their NFA shenanigans.
    I'm not on the fence at all. I am with Sig on this one:

Sig Sauer has literally already shown the absurdity of the ATF SBR classification with the design and approval of the SB15 AR15 pistol brace. It's glorious in design and I think Sig should partner with KAK to market brace/buffer tube kits, too.

Again I think Sig has a real and legal opportunity to put the ATF on their rear about suppressor regulations, too. There is already precedent: every suppressor company on the planet making QD mounted suppressors uses the attachment device (in muzzle brake form) as a functional portion of the first suppressor baffle. So isn't the QD brake then intrinsically a non-serialized nor regulated component of the suppressor it mates to? Why then does the muzzle brake have to look "traditional" and not like on that Sig 9mm gun?

Issues arise in the fact that the ATF is not bound (apparently) by normal Constitutional and legislative means of rule and lawmaking. If the ATF generally reports to no one before making rules, what legal standing are they [Sig] going to (hopefully) win? Even if they squash ATF on the standing of a muzzle brake all they have to do is impose a new regulation that, per ce, "a suppressor must be a self-contained, non-disassembling unit of housing and baffle network and must be serialized as a whole unit and no individual components thereof will be legally manufactured as a serialized suppressor". Done. End game.

I'm rooting for Sig.