Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few of the clear Lancers and had no issues with them.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    There are nothing wrong with PMags, I just prefer to use Metal Mags. Why? Because Metal Mags are cheaper, and I don't know if PMags are actually better than their $9.99 counterparts. That and the fact I've cracked the feed lips off of at least 6 PMags.

That being said, I still have a good stash of PMags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    There are nothing wrong with PMags, I just prefer to use Metal Mags. Why? Because Metal Mags are cheaper, and I don't know if PMags are actually better than their $9.99 counterparts. That and the fact I've cracked the feed lips off of at least 6 PMags.

That being said, I still have a good stash of PMags.
    I think it's like everything else in the shooting world...it's how you intend to use the tool and what works for you. I have a handful of D&H mags that have worked well for me, but I've acquired so many Pmags (some inadvertently) pre-panic that if I crack a few feed lips, it's not a huge deal. And even if I do, I'm pretty sure Magpul will stand behind their product if I wanted to spend the time to pursue it. But again, it's how one uses the tool. For the last 2 1/2 years, I shot in the sandy (sometimes muddy) environment of S. California. Not once did I ever have a stoppage that was dirt-related, and that's after dropping mags in various dirt mounds at the primary range I shot and competed at. The DH mags still work fine, but I could tell they needed to be babied a little more. It's very similar to what I found with my Glock mags vs. my Sig mags. The Glock mags would eat sand and still work. The Sig mags would need some extra attention when loading when not cleaned.

But again, it probably matters most to the individual and what works for him/her. For me, Pmags have been the answer and I'm happy to keep using them for not much more than UWone paid for his metal mags just due to keeping an eye on the sales.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most of my metal mags are NHMTG and D&H.

Anyone beside me using mainly metal mags vs PMags?
    Yep.

I prefer metal over polymer.

First choice would be Colt mags with Magpul followers.

Second would be newer production Okay Ind. with the tan anti-tilt followers and improved springs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, NHMTG, and Colt are the same thing. :)
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what you mean about them all being the same.

The Okay mags I've received lately have a follower and spring that are not compatible with any other USGI magazine components.

The tab on the follower where the spring is inserted is in the center of the follower, normally the tab is slightly offset towards the rear.

The new springs are also wider and will not work with a standard follower.

I've never seen a Colt mag that didn't use standard parts.

On top is a Colt spring with a Magpul follower, below it are the new Okay spring and follower:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't speak about revisions the company has made to the magazines they're producing over the years, but Okay Industries sells magazines to the consumer market through the Ronan Corporation (NHMTG), and also used to (and may still) manufacture magazines for Colt.

Besides the fact that all three companies are located in Connecticut within 20 miles of each other, there's also the fact that the Okay Industries website happens to use photos of magazines from the same photo shoot as NHMTG. If you look real closely at the first picture from the Okay Industries site, you'll notice the side of the magazine is stamped "NHMTG." :)

Okay: (taken from http://www.okayind.com/images/galler...lets_Final.jpg)

NHMTG: (taken from http://nhmtgmags.com/)

So I suppose what I really meant in my earlier post is that the magazines are all made by the same company. Not that all the magazines are identical (although when it comes to 20 rounders, they pretty much are, besides the base plate being stamped with "colt" or "nhmtg," and my pre-2000 era 20s having metal followers instead of plastic).
    Last edited by Slippers; 16 April 2014 at 12:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great and helpful thread!
    Facebook - Marty Callan

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think most of my metal mags are NHMTG and D&H.

Anyone beside me using mainly metal mags vs PMags?
    Switching over to metal mags for the competition rifle. Less issues with the billet receivers using the metal mags, I had to sand all my pmags to get them to drop free from the NTD set.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Switching over to metal mags for the competition rifle. Less issues with the billet receivers using the metal mags, I had to sand all my pmags to get them to drop free from the NTD set.
    The PMAG dimensions didn't fit your lower?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
    The PMAG dimensions didn't fit your lower?
    They fit but it was a snug fit for the Gen 2 PMAGs and they didn't drop free from the lower. I had to do some sanding on them to get them to drop free.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, ok.