Downloads
    Uploads

Adams Arms XLP Gas Piston System

Description:

A gas piston system is designed to replace the standard direct impingement gas system. The piston system allows the firearm to run cooler and smoother with less malfunctions making it more reliable. This is possible because the carbon and gases are expelled forward which keeps the hot burning gases from entering and fouling up the receiver. Less fouling equates to less wear on the bolt, carrier, and receiver interior which means fewer malfunctions caused by worn down, dirty parts. Among other advantages, the piston system eliminates flash signature, and supersonic crack because it doesn't vent directly to atmospheric pressure. The system also reduces felt recoil for better control and target acquisition. A great option for military, law enforcement, or the modern day shooter who is looking to upgrade their rifle without having to change firearms.

No Custom Rail Needed

A huge complaint that shooters had when building their own piston driven AR 15 was that system didn't fit under their handguard/ rail. A huge benefit to the XLP is that it fits under most manufacturer rails. This means there is no need to replace your current rail or spend the money on a custom rail!

5 Adjustable Gas Settings

With 5 adjustable gas settings available, the XLP expands current system capabilities and allows for multiple adjustments for tune-ability. This allows for infinite adjustment to gas pressure to suit the type of ammo and barrel length you are using. Simply press down the detent pin and rotate the gas plug either clockwise or counter clockwise.

LifeCoat Components

Constructed with LifeCoat components means that our parts go through a corrosive resistant coating process that is the most technologically advanced process on the market today. The LifeCoat treatment provides durability, lubricity and a corrosive resistance coating for more reliable parts.

30% Lighter

The lighter the rifle the better, right? Well our XLP is 20% lighter than other standard pinned blocks and 30% lighter than standard kit blocks. This contributes to the overall weight of your rifle, so a lighter gas block will help reduce the weight of the rifle.

Specifications:

* .750" XLP Multi-Adjustable Low Profile Gas Block
    * A short stroke free floating piston system.
    * Is Self-Cleaning.
    * Carbon and gases are expelled forward, away from operator.
    * Corrosive resistant coating processes.
    * Harmonics are not transferred into the barrel.
    * Adjustable gas settings for various applications.
    * Doesn't vent directly to atmospheric pressure; this eliminates flash signature and supersonic crack which is optimal for night vision and suppresses fire.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i wish they would sell just the gas block.
    "Americans are so enamored of equality, they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom."- Alexis de Tocqueville

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eldogg View Post
    i wish they would sell just the gas block.
    Agreed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have thousands of rounds in various calibers and barrel lengths through AA kits and they are the heat.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks very interesting.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    This looks really promising, and solves two issues that have been holding me back (front end weight and minimizing profile). What is the minimum rail inner diameter to clear the gas block?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelEMPIRE View Post
    This looks really promising, and solves two issues that have been holding me back (front end weight and minimizing profile). What is the minimum rail inner diameter to clear the gas block?
    You also need to worry about the barrel nut. It needs to have similar (if not the exact same) dimensions of the milspec barrel nut.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd like to know about their claim that says harmonics are not transferred to the barrel. The piston is anchored to the barrel. Every time you fire the piston is going to cause the barrel to flex a little unless they've found a way to defy the laws of physics.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I'd like to know about their claim that says harmonics are not transferred to the barrel. The piston is anchored to the barrel. Every time you fire the piston is going to cause the barrel to flex a little unless they've found a way to defy the laws of physics.
    Agreed. That seems like a pretty absurd statement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't forget it also eliminates flash signature and supersonic crack...
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    So it must be illegal in my state because they will defin it as a flash suppressor

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Don't forget it also eliminates flash signature and supersonic crack...
    I seriously wonder if these companies proofread their press releases.