Downloads
    Uploads

Battle Arms Developement Sub 4lbs AR-15

Here's one for you guys that really like light rifles:

http://www.ar15news.com/2014/04/22/s...4-pound-ar-15/
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish I had one...
    FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like BAD is about to be in production of titanium components.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw that thing earlier this morning. I want one too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Battle Arms has so much goodness planned for this year. I wish they would share or allow us to leak some info. But lightweight builders will be very pleased.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I need that gas block.... I'd rather go BAD than V7.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, big fan of their selectors.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sneak Peek of OIP "Ounces Is Pounds" Billet Lower Receiver Model. Custom designed for Bentwood Gunsmithing to match the OIP Upper Receiver / Sub 4lb OIP Rifle Project. As with the lightweight upper, we will have another version of the lightweight lower receiver for sale. This OIP lower configuration is exclusively for the OIP rifle and is not sold separately. Pricing per Bentwood Gunsmithing. (Note: facets in model are due to viewer conversion issue, the curved surfaces are not faceted)
    In case some of you were wondering, the OIS is not fully ambi, as weight was the main goal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love BAD but in my opinion that's a little over the top. I know a super light rifle feels nice in a shop, but how's does it handle?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the concept, but i'm not really a fan of opening that much of the magwell. Just seems like an area for dirty to creep in and foul/jam the weapon .....
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the concept is just pure lightweight. This is not going to have a mass market appeal as people will want to only give up so much for lighter weight. This is a radical design and taking weight to a new level. There will be some shooters out there looking for the lightest setup possible though. I'm just wondering how much this will cost.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bet this will have a larger market than expected and will be near $300. I wish their forged lowers were out already.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder how many titanium parts they have in the works to go with this lower?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I wonder how many titanium parts they have in the works to go with this lower?
    Now that's a great question. I know they were developing a lot of titanium parts for the lower, but I'm not sure how many of them were specially for the OIS platform. I'll have to ask Roger next time and see if he has any information to give me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Custom Grade 5 Titanium Gas Blocks from Battle Arms. The gas block weighs less than the gas tube. Apparently, these are custom designed for the OIP and will not likely be sold separately. There is another version of this gas block in the works for individual purchase.