Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That thing is pretty hideous! My sub 4lb build isn't all that pretty, but it looks better than that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    First thing I thought was BAD made that ugly ass thing. All black with the carbon fiber fore end would look 100% better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scary to think how many are about to be sold. But in their defense this is the only product they've made I'm not down with.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing a can of Krylon can't improve.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you gentlemen talking about the OIP Ounces Is Pounds Ultralightweight Rifle?

Just to clarify, this "not" a Battle Arms Development rifle. We made quite a number of custom lightweight components (see Ad page below) for Bentwood Gunsmithing for this sub 4lb rifle project but have no decisions on the color, carbon fiber handguard, etc. etc. Also, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Their approach is a "raw" authentic feel with raw titanium, raw type III hard anodizing on 7075T6 aluminum (which turns into this gold/bronze color and continues to shift shades pending how thick the build-up is, it is not dyed), etc. Not because of our involvement but it is one of the most innovative lightweight rifle designs in a long time. Every component is redesigned from the ground up down to the screw. The rifle system is tuned from head to toe, including a proprietary buffer and spring system. Only stock parts on this rifle are some of the springs, roll pins, pistol grip, charging handle and magazine catch. There is much more to it than meets the eye. The rifle shoots and recoils like a .22lr that weights 4lbs.

If you want to see what a Battle Arms Rifle might look like, these Demo Rifles below from SHOT SHOW are good indicators. They were built to showcase our billet lightweight BAD556-LW receivers LIGHTRIGID (tm) 416R SS Barrel, SABERTUBE (tm) butt stock, BAD-EPS, BAD-EMR, BAD-ASS, etc. etc. However, even these rifle are not a true "Battle Arms Development" rifle as we are still working on our own Rail System, BCG, Ambi Charging Handle, etc. We are working our way around the entire AR15 down to the smallest of components.

Last edited by wdigeorge; 23 March 2015 at 13:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for chiming in George. And welcome (again) to the forum!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The brown rifle of y'all's was one of my favorites from Shot. I'm really digging the products BAD is coming out with in 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you UWone77 for the welcome.

We are spread a bit thin at the moment trying to launch over a dozen new products and over two dozen products on top of that in the works. If there is anything on the forums that come up that needed attention please shoot me an email/pm and I will do my best to be here respond to any questions. Thank you all for the support.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DutyUse View Post
    The brown rifle of y'all's was one of my favorites from Shot. I'm really digging the products BAD is coming out with in 2015

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree, this is going to be a great year for BAD. Eventually, I need to save a few pennies and get one of those receiver sets, but for now, I'll take a matching upper for my standard BAD-15 Lower.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think I've ever seen anything from BAD that I didn't like/want. I'd love to put my hands on a set of the LW receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We try to do our best on each and every product but some times that can take longer as we are perfectionists.

This receiver set and the many lightweight components have been in development now for about two years but only recently came to light because we were waiting for Bentwood Gunsmithing to launch the OIP Ounces Is Pounds 3.9Lb rifle. We actually have the working prototype and production receiver sets for the OIP rifle about a year before the official release.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I'll take a matching upper for my standard BAD-15 Lower.
    A matched upper would be nice.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are working on a Forged BAD-15 Upper but will take some time as we are trying to make something "better" than just a standard upper. Much like the Forged Lower it is not your average forged receiver. We don't want to make anything "standard". The BAD-15 is about as "standard" of a product we make. We did recently received an Utility Patent for an upper receiver that we are working on incorporating the features into the forged upper.

Until then, our BAD556-LW Upper Receiver works and matches well with Forged Lowers. The finish texture is slightly different due to the Forged Lower Surfaces vs. 100% CNC machined surfaces. We don't treat our BAD-15 Lower Receivers too aggressively to remove too much material so you will see more of that smooth finish look.

Last edited by wdigeorge; 23 March 2015 at 13:31.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dstrbdmedic167 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anything from BAD that I didn't like/want. I'd love to put my hands on a set of the LW receivers.
    I concur.