Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul to quit making colored pmags and everything foliage by end of 2014

Heard it last week, then seen where a magpul rep posted about it on ar15.com. , his post

"Magazines, regardless of model, will be available in black only by the end of 2014."

"To clarify, sometime before the end of the year we will:
    - Discontinue Foliage Green in ALL products.
    - Discontinue all non-Black colors (FDE, FOL, ODG) in the MAG570/571 GEN M2 MOE PMAGs. Basically, all of our magazines models will be available in Black only.

However, all those SKUs are still viable and in production at the moment to allow Consumers time to purchase what they need."

Heres the thread..http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_124/2...d_.html&page=2

Damn i am planning on doing a fde build, better stock up soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like colored pmags are about to get expensive.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    And I was wishing they would make the clear PMAGS for resale.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just got a FOL Magpul MOE+ grip, MBUS set, and CTR stock for my rifle-in-progress. Around here, where we actually have a lot of foliage, and they (foliage Magpul accessories) blend in very well.

Well, at least I got what I needed, have foliage on another rifle too.

Must not have a big demand for them, or they'd still be pumping them out.

GOST, the only way you would get a clear PMAG, is if they went to a totally different polymer, and molding process, that would cost them big bucks to implement, and I doubt that a mag like that would generate much interest. I think Lancer or someone makes the hard plastic mag's that are "smoke" colored, and see through, just don't remember who.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's too bad about foliage - it's a very useful and effective color around here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Lancers and I believe clear PMAGs would sell like hotcakes.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I have the Lancers and I believe clear PMAGs would sell like hotcakes.
    Clear is dead. The polymer didn't cut the mustard.

I'm not surprised they are discontinuing colored PMAGs, they have always been suspected to be prone to breakage at a higher rate. Rather than cater to the small percentage of users that require matching magazines, going to all black probably made more financial sense.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Clear is dead. The polymer didn't cut the mustard.
    Exactly, the point I was trying to make. The type of polymer, could be one of many, that would yield a clear product, is hard, brittle and prone to breakage, in it's hardened state. I don't have any "inside sources", but I'm pretty sure that Magpul, is not going to tool up to make them. In the less than zero chance that I'd ever find myself in a combat role, again, those would be the last magazines, that I'd want with me, being a clear acrylic, or something near that. Maybe great for target, or whatever, I would prefer Pmag's and USGI with anti-tilt followers.

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wanting them for target use only. I live on a farm and play around in my yard, there's nothing tactical about me. I use mostly aluminum mags.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I was wanting them for target use only. I live on a farm and play around in my yard, there's nothing tactical about me. I use mostly aluminum mags.
    Didn't mean to discount the fact that you favor the clear, or opaque type polymer magazines, GOST, and for your purposes they'd work great, plus an easy peek tells you how many rounds you have left, and could still serve you well against a rabid coyote, fox, or meth head that wondered onto your farm. I'm thinking strictly combat, and those mags just wouldn't cut it for me. Unless we have a total social/economic collapse, I'm unlikely to encounter those kinds of conditions, but it's just ingrained in my brain.

I'm also known to be (not intentionally) very hard on my gear. I've said this before, my rifles and handguns are usually only "photogenic" the first or second time out to the range.

Granted, while I recover from the plates used to fuse 3 of my neck vertebrae, I'm pretty "tame" at the range, but I'm going to heal one of these days. I need gear that'll take a beating, just for my own abuse

FT
    NRA Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got a pile of black pmags, looks like a i need to find someone to trade for some fde mags, as a fde build was next on my list..

I just finished a build using foliage and although it wasnt my first pick, the color has grown on me and now seen as much as the other colors..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh like the others... Time to grab some foliage parts haha

Sent from my IPhone, please ignore spelling mistakes. Siri is dumb.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Rather than cater to the small percentage of users that require matching magazines, going to all black probably made more financial sense.
    I would guess that the cost saving from simpler inventory management alone is going to be huge.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the guys that like to do dye jobs on their PMAGs the black is a no go for them. I think brownells has all the colors in stock. Did any other colors than black ever surface of the M3?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    No colored m3 mags and magpul has said many times in the last year they would not be making any colors other then black..