Downloads
    Uploads

New Geissele MK8 with M-LOK

Here's the new Geissele MK8 with M-LOK.

http://geissele.com/m-lok-technology
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotta wonder what they have planned for the MK6 and MK7

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that they posted that the MK6 will be a quad rail.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got to talk to the guys at Geissele today. They confirmed that the MK6 will be a Quad Rail. The MK7 will be a "national match" type of forearm for hi power shooters. This will be a low production item.

As far as the rest of the line:

MK1 will be an OEM product. If you don't have one already, you likely won't get one unless it's on a factory gun
    MK2 still in production, costs will be lower because of reduction in manufacturing costs
    MK3 on it's way out
    MK4 is coming back as the Mod 0 (this has the original square relief cuts vs the pear cuts on the Mod1's)

MK8 is of course the M-LOK, release in a few weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wish my MK4 had the square cuts.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Wish my MK4 had the square cuts.
    The Mod 0 with the square cuts ... I think there were only 12 produced for industry people. So don't feel bad, you have what the rest of us have.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Them darn industry people. I remember Roy having a custom upper for sale that had a Mod 0.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    MK1 will be an OEM product. If you don't have one already, you likely won't get one unless it's on a factory gun
    Just in case somebody wants one before the available inventory dries up, BCM is having a sale, and happens to have a few of the MK I model in stock:

13" black $299: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geiss...le-05-194b.htm

15" black $339: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geiss...le-05-196b.htm

13" sand $370: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geiss...le-05-194s.htm

I almost snagged the black 13 MK1, but I would rather wait for the MK8.

Edit:

Found the 13" MK1's for even cheaper at Midway, although their shipping charges can be obnoxious:

13" black $264.20, sand $277.61: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/253...ar-15-aluminum
    Last edited by Slippers; 17 May 2014 at 23:18.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great find Slippers... If anyone is on the fence, the MK1 in my opinion is the quintessential Geissele Rail. Grab one while you can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added it above, but just so it's clear, midway has the 13" black and sand on clearance for a fair bit less than Bravo Company.

13" black $264.20
    13" sand $277.61

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/253...ar-15-aluminum

So tempted at that price....

Edit: Couldn't resist. Bought one. $275 shipped. I think it will look nice with the inbound CMT receiver set, perhaps.... :)
    Last edited by Slippers; 17 May 2014 at 23:43.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My buddy Ben at AR15news.com got a prototype MK8. So far it looks like the rest of the SMR Line as far as lines go. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love that patch.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Almost looks like the MK5 except M-LOK holes instead of keymod.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    ... not to divert the thread too much, but I thought the MK1 was being phased out to a replacement rail?

I remember watching some SHOT show interviews with Bill back in the winter. He was saying how they've found a way to make the MK1 cheaper to manufacturer, therefore cheaper to sell it. MK8 vaguely rings a bell; is the MK8 suppose to be the MK1's replacement?

By the way, Midway has it for even cheaper now. $242.60 (black) & $259.60 (sand) ... which is now honestly tempting me to purchase one for a future build ...
    Last edited by Thompson; 1 June 2014 at 13:30.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mk8 isn't a replacement for mk1. Completely different accessory mounting system. Mk1 is expensive because it has steel inserts for all the attachment locations. Mk8 is mlok.

The profile will also be different. Mlok requires a flat mounting surface, but the mk1 has a slight curve to the cross section profile of each rail at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock.

Also keep in mind the weights are listed wrong. I purchased a 13.5 mk1 from midway and it was 17 oz with the barrel nut and cross screws, with none of the accessory picatinny rails installed. It's very heavy. I returned it because it was damaged.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com