Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dented case necks ...

I have been shooting a 16" Noveske 300 AAC. 19-20 gr H110 and a 110 gr bullet. Runs like a top but my case necks are consistently dented on one side. I think this is an action spring or buffer issue? I am running a standard carbine spring and buffer. Please advise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This happens on all of my various 300BLK uppers as well, regardless of what buffer I use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good - then I won't change anything ... this 300 upper has been a great experience so far, unlike my last one.

I just need to find a quantity of plinker bullets.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Good - then I won't change anything ... this 300 upper has been a great experience so far, unlike my last one.

Let us know when you find some. I have a few thousand rounds stocked, but haven't shot any 300 until the pipeline opens up.

Downloads
    Uploads

What were you using before, and what is your current setup?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I Am currently shooting a 16" Noveske carbine gas with a 13.5" NSR and a Leupold 1.25-4. My first one was a CMMG that was problematic but bolt related. We have been hunting hogs but not much luck just yet. Hand loads of a 110 gr Hornady V-max and 110 gr Barnes. Starting to wonder if a 30 carbine bullet would feed, seems to be only lightweight 30 cal available.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is completely normal. The 300blk case when ejected does a 180 can causes it to hit the deflector on the neck. The 5.5.6 being longer does not do enough rotation and shouldn't have this happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, my 16" noveske pistol length does it too. I'm running a Wolff XP spring and spikes t2 buffer.

Downloads
    Uploads
    New to 300 blk and this answered all my questions.

8.5" with a KX3. JP Captured Spring.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I Am currently shooting a 16" Noveske carbine gas with a 13.5" NSR and a Leupold 1.25-4. My first one was a CMMG that was problematic but bolt related. We have been hunting hogs but not much luck just yet. Hand loads of a 110 gr Hornady V-max and 110 gr Barnes. Starting to wonder if a 30 carbine bullet would feed, seems to be only lightweight 30 cal available.
    What kinda performance are you getting out of the 110gr. Have you tried it on any hogs yet or no luck so far?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here....all dented. I was having an issue with crushed cases but I was running a NiB bcg. After I put a regular one in there, no more crushed cases

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by freebug View Post
    This is completely normal. The 300blk case when ejected does a 180 can causes it to hit the deflector on the neck. The 5.5.6 being longer does not do enough rotation and shouldn't have this happen.
    this is my understanding and experience as well,

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard folks say putting some felt or a rubber pad on your brass deflector will help but haven't verified it yet as I haven't shot my blackout upper since. I can verify that it's from the rounds hitting it though as Ive watched it happen. The case flips much quicker than the 5.56 cases and what would be a ding on them is a dented mouth on the .300.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It must be just the right length, my .277 WLV cases are just like the BLK basically just a tad longer and they don't ding at all from what I can tell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just out of curiosity for those of with the .300 blackouts, wouldn't those dented cases be a problem to reload? I want to build one in .300 blackout as a pistol but I'd sure hate to not be able to reload the cases.