Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which 300 Blackout Barrel?

I've been considering either a Noveske 10.2" 300 AAC or the Rainier 10.5". Don't know which Rainier though, to many options is a good thing. Select, Match or Ultra Match? Between the 4 barrels which would you pick? I will be shooting supersonic, can't afford a supressor for the time being.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainier likes to tell you when asking which barrel, do you want to shoot, quarters, nickels, or dime sized groups?

In my experience, the Select and Match barrels shoot about the same. The Ultramatch shoots a bit tighter, but I think you would need to be a pretty good shooter to get the maximum accuracy out of all the barrels. 300 isn't known as a precision round, so if it were me, I'd go with the Select 10.5" and call it a day.

If money is no object, you can't go wrong with the Noveske Barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    After I buy a gas block and have it pinned the Match and Select will run about the same as the Noveske.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is going to be about the same price, I'd go with the Noveske. They both have great stuff, but dosen't Noveske make their own barrels in-house?

Sent from the center of the universe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fwiw, I bought a noveske barrel for my .300blk (got a good deal on it) and I could've gotten away with something much cheaper still. Yeah, the quality is there, and you're buying from a great company who is awesome to their customers, but as UWone77 said, the gun is only gonna be as accurate as the shooter, and I'm not as accurate as a noveske barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've seen the Noveske for $345 and free shipping, not bad considering pinned gas block. Subtract the pinned gas block and your looking at about a $260 barrel.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's why I got my noveske. $380 during the huge panic last year, and it came with the pinned block and tube. And it wasn't a bad price considering the increases and noveske advertises $455 retail for that barrel. If you think it's worth the extra money, do it. I love mine, but could have gotten away with something cheaper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got an 8." AAC, it shoots great, my suppressor is still in nfa purgatory so I'm only shooting supers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm interested in doing a 300 AAC, but I've been told that anything beyond a 10 to 11.5 inch barrel totally screws up all the benefits of having the round in the first place.
    I wouldn't mind having a 14.5" barrel with a pinned brake, or comp, etc. I really don't want to get into NFA anymore, KY is very staunch in protecting our 2A rights, NFA stuff
    can be a big pain in the ass, and I just don't want the problems associated with a SBR rifle.

Thanks,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to do a .300 ACC for my next build. I figure it's gotta be one heck of a home defense weapon. I'm just going to go ahead and do a pistol build of one - I also have no interest in paying $200 tax stamps and NFA paperwork (though I may someday cough it up for a suppressor). As for what barrel I find, time will tell. I will be going for something under 10.5" for sure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm interested in doing a 300 AAC, but I've been told that anything beyond a 10 to 11.5 inch barrel totally screws up all the benefits of having the round in the first place.
    I wouldn't mind having a 14.5" barrel with a pinned brake, or comp, etc. I really don't want to get into NFA anymore, KY is very staunch in protecting our 2A rights, NFA stuff
    can be a big pain in the ass, and I just don't want the problems associated with a SBR rifle.

Thanks,

FT
    I don't know if it "screws" up all the benefits, but for the most part you heard correctly as 300AAC Blackout really shines with both a short barrel and a suppressor. Where I live, we weren't allowed to have SBR's until just recently, so my 300's were Pinned 14.5" barrels. My main 300 is a Noveske, and it runs well with any ammo with/without a can. I'm not a big fan of pistols builds in general but have a Noveske 8.2 and a Rainier 8.5" uppers.

NFA can be a pain in the ass if you're not familiar with the process. However, once you understand the process it's not actually too difficult, just a lot of waiting involved and of course it adds $200 to each purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the "not trying to deal with NFA" comment. I chose a 16" barrel and this caliber because the only thing different about the it for the AR platform is the barrel itself. I wanted this for a deer gun, and it was before I was familiar with the 6.8 spc round.

Now I have a 16" noveske 300blk and it runs all sorts of ammo fine (I mainly shoot UMC 115gr and PNW 147gr target rounds) but it handles PNW hunting ammo and Barnes hunting ammo just fine as well. Have never shot subsonic with it, but I have no need to being as it isn't suppressed.

In my opinion, where the noveske barrels really shine is in that pistol length gas system, rather than a carbine length, at least with the longer barrels.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone running Daniel Defense's 10.3" 300 CHF salt bath nitride barrel?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought two 10.5" match grade barrels from Wilson Combat and they're awesome. They also cost $100 less than a Noveske barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin1 View Post
    I bought two 10.5" match grade barrels from Wilson Combat and they're awesome. They also cost $100 less than a Noveske barrel.
    Did they include the gas block and gas tube?