Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I checked out those Wilson Combat barrels, 11.3" was the shortest 300 they make. They were also only $70 less than the Noveske. Once you add $50 for a gas block, $30 to pin it and $15 for a gas tube the Wilson will end up being about $25 more than the Noveske.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the Seekins now myself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm trying to decide between the Daniel Defense 10.3" or the Noveske 10.2".
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Resurrecting this thread to ask about a .300ACC/Blackout build. Recently got my Aero Precision "Pistol" marked lower, and have been thinking about a .300 pistol build instead of a .223/5.56 build. Looking at the Rainier Arms Select 10.5" barrel, but am wondering how the pistol length gas system functions in this cartridge? Would a pigtail gas tube be a worthwhile investment? Hoping the brain trust here can give me some good advice about this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Resurrecting this thread to ask about a .300ACC/Blackout build. Recently got my Aero Precision "Pistol" marked lower, and have been thinking about a .300 pistol build instead of a .223/5.56 build. Looking at the Rainier Arms Select 10.5" barrel, but am wondering how the pistol length gas system functions in this cartridge? Would a pigtail gas tube be a worthwhile investment? Hoping the brain trust here can give me some good advice about this.
    Pistol length gas is optimal for many 300 BLK barrels. Longest most manufacturers use is carbine. Personally, I've seen no reliability edge to either gas system.

Downloads
    Uploads

Which 300 Blackout Barrel?

I think Robert Silvers say use pistol < 16". My 16" Noveske 300 BLK complete rifle came with pistol gas and H2 buffer.

-john
    Last edited by bzdog; 30 July 2014 at 19:59.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the feedback UWone77 and bzdog. Any advice on buffers? Standard carbine weight buffer or should I be considering a heavy buffer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    H2

Downloads
    Uploads
    As there seems to be no standard, and some barrels even require a suppressor to cycle, I'd start with a carbine buffer and move up from there. All my 300s work best with carbine buffers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    As there seems to be no standard, and some barrels even require a suppressor to cycle, I'd start with a carbine buffer and move up from there. All my 300s work best with carbine buffers.
    Agreed. Mine seems not to mind. It will run fine with standard carbine buffer and spring, or t2 and Wolff xp spring, or any combination of those. Start running subsonic or suppressed that's when you may need to start playing with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Noveske myself, but to be honest most of those barrels are better than me.... I wanted to build a SBR with no doubt quality, my only regret was not going for a shorter barrel.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    What length did you go?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does anyone make a 9" melonite or similar coated barrel of decent quality besides AAC?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the Daniel Defense 10.3" or the Noveske 10.2".
    I know I'm a bit late, only recently started browsing the forums. If you haven't lightened your wallet yet, maybe I'm not TOO late...

I recently bought a DD 10.3" S2W barrel for my 300 BLK pistol build. I went DD for two reasons. First, my brother's 10.5" 5.56 DD Mk18 build outshot my Delton 16" rifle. Second, the 16" mid-gas DD barrel I got to replace the Delton was both easy to install, and shoots very, very well.

I managed to find the 10.3" 300 barrel for $275 at Bravo Company USA. Couldn't pass it up! I've only shot it once to make sure the gun functioned right, so I haven't done any real shooting yet. There's no decent ranges around here...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love my rainier arms 8.5" on my sbr.