Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aatheiss View Post
    I know I'm a bit late, only recently started browsing the forums. If you haven't lightened your wallet yet, maybe I'm not TOO late...

I recently bought a DD 10.3" S2W barrel for my 300 BLK pistol build. I went DD for two reasons. First, my brother's 10.5" 5.56 DD Mk18 build outshot my Delton 16" rifle. Second, the 16" mid-gas DD barrel I got to replace the Delton was both easy to install, and shoots very, very well.

I managed to find the 10.3" 300 barrel for $275 at Bravo Company USA. Couldn't pass it up! I've only shot it once to make sure the gun functioned right, so I haven't done any real shooting yet. There's no decent ranges around here...
    Let me know how she does.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to use a Rainier 10.5" but they were out of stock at the time. Ended up going with a 9.5" Core 15 barrel instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have has a sota arms 16" a rainier arms select 16" a DD 16" then a Wilson 11.3 cmmg 8" and seekins 10.5 and rainier select 14.5 in the last year . Im in a suppresor free zone so all i sot is supers and reloads so far best out of the box performance has been seekins and Wilson at 100m paper with 125g smk bullets over 4227 powder sub moa results

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestShooter View Post
    I have has a sota arms 16" a rainier arms select 16" a DD 16" then a Wilson 11.3 cmmg 8" and seekins 10.5 and rainier select 14.5 in the last year . Im in a suppresor free zone so all i sot is supers and reloads so far best out of the box performance has been seekins and Wilson at 100m paper with 125g smk bullets over 4227 powder sub moa results
    How do you like your 8" CMMG?

Downloads
    Uploads
    ....the intended use for the barrel should be your guiding thought. Many report "home defense" as their intended use, so unless your lawn extends beyond 200M, the majority of the barrels on the market will meet that need. Realistically, many shooters can't hold to the same accuracy of the barrels potential. The barrel may be capable of "sub-MOA", but how it is assembled, who assembled it, what components are used and what ammo is used with it are all factors that influence the resulting accuracy of the firearm in totality.

....if the firearm can hit within a 9" circle at 200-300M, it can defend a person as well as feed a person....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking about a 10.5 barrel suppressed . Is there any reason to run a 10.5 over a shorter barrel ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I'm interested in doing a 300 AAC, but I've been told that anything beyond a 10 to 11.5 inch barrel totally screws up all the benefits of having the round in the first place.
    I don't agree with this. I love my 16". For me, the two big benefits were being able to build an upper and using my AR15 lower and mags and also the ability to reform .223/5.56 brass and load 'em up. It's a lot of fun to shoot my supers up to 2-300 yds max, but that's all I have access to anyway.
    "Never forget those who have died; Never forget who killed them."
    -Unknown

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check these guys out if you haven't made a purchase yet. I have two of their 223 barrels and am happy with both.

www.ballisticadvantage.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone running a 8.2/8.5 Noveske? What do you think of it? I am considering one for my sbr.
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cagekicker204 View Post
    Anyone running a 8.2/8.5 Noveske? What do you think of it? I am considering one for my sbr.
    I just ordered one.. Give me a few weeks and I will let you know! A buddy runs one with zero issues at all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cagekicker204 View Post
    I have a Noveske 8.2" Great barrel, but like their 8.5" is optimized for subsonic with a suppressor or just supersonic rounds. I've only shot supersonic through the barrel, and it locks back everytime. I shoot about MOA with it at 100. I haven't shot this particular barrel suppressed as right now it has a KX3 on the end of it. That may change later on if/when I break the gun down and reconfigure it. Originally, I was looking for the 10.2" but found someone selling a barely fired 8.2" locally, so I picked that up for a smoking deal.

Doing a quick search on Noveske's website, I don't even see the 8.2" listed anymore as the 8.5" seems to have replaced it. Not sure why that's changed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have a Noveske 8.2" Great barrel, but like their 8.5" is optimized for subsonic with a suppressor or just supersonic rounds. I've only shot supersonic through the barrel, and it locks back everytime. I shoot about MOA with it at 100. I haven't shot this particular barrel suppressed as right now it has a KX3 on the end of it. That may change later on if/when I break the gun down and reconfigure it. Originally, I was looking for the 10.2" but found someone selling a barely fired 8.2" locally, so I picked that up for a smoking deal.

Doing a quick search on Noveske's website, I don't even see the 8.2" listed anymore as the 8.5" seems to have replaced it. Not sure why that's changed.
    Are there specific barrel lengths are best for shooting subsonic/suppressed (since that's the route I want to go with my 300 BLK build)? Or is that something that varies manufacturer to manufacturer?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I just bought a 8.2" on Friday from Rainier and was curious and found out that they wanted to make them uniform with the 556 barrel lengths. Earlier this week there was a weird influx of in stock 8.2's. I even got mine on sale. Clearly making room for the 8.5's but the .3 difference and trying to clear space didn't make sense to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I might just have to order one if they are in stock payday
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.

Jeff Cooper

Downloads
    Uploads
    And Aero *added* and 8.2" to go with the listed 8 and 8½" versions - don't see it on the Aero site, but what I got from them says, and is, 8.2"
    weird.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Jim
    "You can never have too many guns" - my wife's actual comment
    Alaska Fun