Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by henpecked View Post
    A side charge just to be different
    Nice! I'm really torn on my next upper but I'm really leaning towards a side charge. I'm really interested in what that new CMT righty will be like.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Nice! I'm really torn on my next upper but I'm really leaning towards a side charge. I'm really interested in what that new CMT righty will be like.
    CMT righty?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless I read it wrong I was thinking CMT said they were going to be making a right side charge version of the new UPUR-3. On their facebook they just confirmed this and I think there is even a pic where you can see a charging handle peeking out from a top view but I could be mistaken. Spose to be out by like mid month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am waiting for someone other than ASA to make a non-reciprocating side charging upper.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    I am waiting for someone other than ASA to make a non-reciprocating side charging upper.
    Check out that New Frontier left side non recip. Handled one at a show a while back and actually felt pretty slick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GaSwamper View Post
    Check out that New Frontier left side non recip. Handled one at a show a while back and actually felt pretty slick.
    There are at least three sellers now of that basic product, just re-badged I think. I've been taking quite a gander at the one sold by Gibbz Arms. I have also verified that they work with Adams Arms piston parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just waiting on Jaden and the crew to get back from a trip... per an email I received... that I won a WEVO muzzle device. Going to use it in a new build this summer. Thanks,

UWone77 for patiently waiting for me to respond to your email informing me of my win.

Downloads
    Uploads

Aero Precision complete upper

Hey guys, if you recall one of the prizes from this giveaway was for a complete upper from our friends at Aero Precision. Well, I won it. Basically UW put me in touch with the good folks at Aero and I was given the choice of any complete COP upper from their site.

I chose the mid length piston upper as I had been contemplating a piston gun as justification in my feeble mind to purchase another. Anyhow, it just happens that because I chose the piston upper that there was a stock issue with a part or parts to assemble it. I just got it on Thursday and wanted to post some pics of the unit as delivered to me.

The upper comes assembled to a point with Adams Arms piston kit pre installed.

The remaining components to assemble are the 3, 9, and 6 o'clock postions of the forend. This upper came with the full kit of rail sections to choose from to build out the rest of the upper. I haven't yet decided how I want to finish it but I could use any combination of blank, full, or half rail sections at the unfinished positions. Note that the rail sections have QD attachment points. This is a pretty cool setup with an extra barrel nut, wrench, and torx driver for the screws. Interesting also that the barrel nut in this threads internally into the upper.

The whole point of the COP (Continuous Optics Platform) is to allow for mounting optics at any location on the top rail, note that the 1913 top is a solid section out to the railed Adams Arms gas block. This is really a nice rigid piece finished in 7075-T6 and seems to be pretty lightweight. More details here.

That's it for now. Just wanted to post a quick note showing the prize and to say thanks again to WEVO, UW, Aero Precision, and all of the other sponsors for contributing to what has to legitimately be one of the sweetest gun stuff giveaways period. I know I'm biased given the circumstances but there was really top notch stuff all around from some top players in the industry. Very cool.

I will post the final build out when it's finished. It should end up very nicely I think incorporating some components from a couple of other giveaway sponsors in addition to Aero Precision.
    Last edited by XACT_ABORT; 14 June 2014 at 16:02. Reason: Photo swap

Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the flag on the top of the upper!

Sent from the center of the universe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very Nice! Glad Aero took care of you quickly. Did you end up going with an Aero Lower as you originally thought about?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Very Nice! Glad Aero took care of you quickly. Did you end up going with an Aero Lower as you originally thought about?
    Yep, Aero lower among some other parts. hoping to get to the lab tonight to complete the assembly. Not only did I win the upper they took it further and discounted everything else I bought from them as well. To further add to my good fortune.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool, can't wait to see it finished.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! What a beautiful upper. And a great prize package. Congrats
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/