Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, turned out a darker finish than I thought it would be. Looks slick though.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Goal was to build a lightweight rifle that I could take to local 2-gun matches. I think a 6lbs 9.8oz rifle that balances at the magwell is worthy of being called a successful build. It was a fun build and I am going to take her out to the range this weekend to zero and run her through some stages.

Next post from me on this thread will be the range report might even put in some video too.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha..was actually gonna ask how heavy it turned out...6 1/2 pounds roughly should make for a nice rifle for what your gonna do..

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you guys like Comps cerakote job, blowndeadline was kind enough to throw in a $400 certificate for a custom cerakote job.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well had some things going on at the club today couldn't run the course so I went over to the static rifle range. 6 rounds to zero at 50 yds. Another 6 rounds to confirm zero out to 100 yds. Loaded 5 rounds into 3 mags and did some medium tempo runs on steel silhouettes at 75 and 100 yards worked paper targets at 50 and 25 yards. Made sure empty mags fell free and bolt locked to the rear after the last round. Reloaded the mags with 5 rounds again. Picked up the pace 3 round rapid fire center mass, double taps to head area on 25 and 50 yard targets, quick reload 5 shot rapid fire on steel silhouettes at 75 yards. All in all about 140 rounds through it today.

No issues what so ever with the rifle. Ran some surplice green tip ammo, some PMC bronze 55gr and some Herbert (dirty cheap ammo). The rifle ate all types of ammo that I fed it and didn't have any issues with cycling the next round or locking to the rear. All 3 kinds of ammo formed a nice pile about 7 feet away to my 4 o'clock position. The CMC trigger feels great and I think it is worth every bit of money I paid for it. The Rainier Arms RMC surprisingly reduced the muzzle rise significantly more than I thought it would and the felt recoil was easily managed. And from what everyone else said it still spit fire all over the place. I am extremely happy with how the rifle performed and how easy it was to transition from target to target at various ranges.

Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothin like a rifle that works like it is spose to. Glad to see everything running smooth and at that weight I bet she's a joy to carry.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad to hear your build finished smoothly, went out to run my new pistol and had all sorts of problems...My first experience wit ha short barrel AR..Got a few ideas fro ma former member and hoping to get back out and test some more..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Glad to hear your build finished smoothly, went out to run my new pistol and had all sorts of problems...My first experience wit ha short barrel AR..Got a few ideas fro ma former member and hoping to get back out and test some more..
    MF, would you please expound on the issues you encountered? I'm curious what kind of issues you were having, and what the potential fixes might be, especially since my pistol will be up and running soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    MF, would you please expound on the issues you encountered? I'm curious what kind of issues you were having, and what the potential fixes might be, especially since my pistol will be up and running soon.
    2x. Please expound.

Sidebar: I think I've decided on 11.5".

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    2x. Please expound.

Sidebar: I think I've decided on 11.5".
    here you go...since i buggered up comps thread....lol......http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...1695#post61695

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    here you go...since i buggered up comps thread....lol......http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...1695#post61695

Haha no you didn't we are all here to help each other out
    Just a regular guy.