Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

My NTD Build has started.

Well race season has started and that means extra funds to build a new rifle. Been a long fall and winter and I think I have compiled a decent list of parts to make my next rifle build.

1. North Tech Defense Billet Receiver Set
    2. Rainier Arms MilSpec Buffer Tube Assembly
    3. Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock
    4. Tactical Link EBAL
    5. Fortis QD End Plate
    6. B.A.D E.P.S
    7. B.A.D A.S.S
    8. CMC Flat Trigger
    9. Mission First Tactical Engage AR-15 Grip
    10. Odin Works XMR Extended Mag Release
    11. Misc. Lower Parts
    12. Odin Works 223 Wylde Ultralite 16"
    13. Odin Works Kmod Fore End
    14. Naroh Keymod Handstop
    15. Rainier Arms Mini Compensator - RMC 2.0 SS
    16. IronViper USAF Forward Assist
    17. Rainier Arms Raptor Ambi-Charging Handle 5.56
    18. Carbine Length Gas Tube
    21. Ares Armor NiB BCG
    22. Daniel Defense Fixed Front Sight

This rifle will get some color work done as well. Some parts have been ordered already and still waiting to order others. Roughly going to be about 3-4 month project.

Edited for Barrel change.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 1 September 2014 at 14:24.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So did you get the SRS after all is that still on the "to buy" list?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think he's been slacking and didn't even get that Vortex PST Viper 1-4x24 yet for his wife.... I predict the SRS will be the last purchase!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I think he's been slacking and didn't even get that Vortex PST Viper 1-4x24 yet for his wife.... I predict the SRS will be the last purchase!
    She stole my SPARC and has been using it. And she said she wanted another pistol ( M&P Shield ) before we buy her optic. It is all going to happen this summer. And you make me feel back about her PST
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comp,
    Do you know what color work you're going to have done?

I'm trying to get my light weight "voodoo" project lined up for Cerakote spray and Camo dipping. I'm going with foliage green (of similar), and then going to have it hydro dipped in ATAC's foliage. That color group would do well here in KY, for most, if not all of the year.

Just curious,

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comp,

Just a quick question... why a 13.7 ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Comp,
    Do you know what color work you're going to have done?

I'm trying to get my light weight "voodoo" project lined up for Cerakote spray and Camo dipping. I'm going with foliage green (of similar), and then going to have it hydro dipped in ATAC's foliage. That color group would do well here in KY, for most, if not all of the year.

Just curious,

FT
    FT this is going to be my rifle I use to go local 2-Gun shoots with. So thinking maybe having the rail, stock, and receiver set done in blue titanium. The barrel, buffer tube, xmr, ebs, and naroh keymod pieces done in red.

Comp,

Just a quick question... why a 13.7 ?
    Because with the KX3 pinned it will bring the barrel to a little over 16" and with the 15.5" Odin Works rail it look nice
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 10 May 2014 at 14:52.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I understand the KX3 part, for the 13.7, but it's just not a good combination for actual shooting. I had a couple of 13.7's and it was just not practical. Very front heavy for no gain.

I'd just go with the 14.5 or 16" NTD Barrel for your "NTD" build

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I understand the KX3 part, for the 13.7, but it's just not a good combination for actual shooting. I had a couple of 13.7's and it was just not practical. Very front heavy for no gain.

I'd just go with the 14.5 or 16" NTD Barrel for your "NTD" build
    Any longer of a barrel and the KX3 doesn't tuck under the rail it just sticks out in front of it. Not the look I am going for. I could change the stock to like a UBR to add some weight to the back of it. If I change the barrel then the muzzle device and rail will have to change as well.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So it's all about form, no function... not your style... but I'll still look at this thread everytime you update it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So it's all about form, no function... not your style... but I'll still look at this thread everytime you update it.
    Well since you put it that way..... I guess I gotta go back to the drawing board. I just don't want to do an SBR to go to the shorter barrel to free up the weight. If I change the barrel going to go with a PWS FSC series muzzle device. ( GEMTECH ready yay )

Maybe I could go to the 14.5" barrel and just suck it up that another 1" of the KX3 will stick out. Maybe I just need to suck it up and do the right thing.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't listen to me.... afterall, it's your build/money! If this is something you want, go for it. Sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Besides, I doubt this will be your "last build" like you know, some guy named Fort Tom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't listen to me.... afterall, it's your build/money! If this is something you want, go for it. Sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Besides, I doubt this will be your "last build" like you know, some guy named Fort Tom.
    No I don't think I will ever say last build, but if I am going to spend the money and build it might as well do it right. And a balanced rifle is the only way to build it. I would be mad if I finished only to find out it was more top heavy than Dolly Parton.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, if I hadn't have lucked out and won a new Keymod rail, this build would be my last. I just had to adjust and make it my absolutely, positively, next to my very last one...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to reading your progress.....and yes, do listen to UW77.