Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since I cannot quote all of you I will just post. You are all bad influences! Stop telling him to change things, ya'll are killing me! He needs to hurry up, because the next build is mine 😉.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Don't listen to me.... afterall, it's your build/money! If this is something you want, go for it. Sometimes you have to scratch that itch.

Besides, I doubt this will be your "last build" like you know, some guy named Fort Tom.
    Le sigh................................Sadly, I said that when my buddy built my high dollar AR and now I have 2 in-progress making a total of 6 with another 3 planned... lol

very promising build, can't wait to see the end product!
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice pile of parts...Should be a good rifle..

Curious on tour take of the minimalist stock after some use?

Also gun might get a little forward heavy with such a small stock on it, , and no i dont know what it weighs just looks light.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    Since I cannot quote all of you I will just post. You are all bad influences! Stop telling him to change things, ya'll are killing me! He needs to hurry up, because the next build is mine 😉.

C,

You should have him build you your gun first and have him contribute his and your thoughts on my Building a Wife a Rifle Thread. I'm curious to see what kind of gun you'd want him to build for your use.

And I agree with mustang, interesting that the gun is going to be very front heavy, but use a MFT minimalist stock. A UBR would balance the gun, but that would just be a 9lb brick when you're done with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    C,

You should have him build you your gun first and have him contribute his and your thoughts on my Building a Wife a Rifle Thread. I'm curious to see what kind of gun you'd want him to build for your use.

And I agree with mustang, interesting that the gun is going to be very front heavy, but use a MFT minimalist stock. A UBR would balance the gun, but that would just be a 9lb brick when you're done with it.
    He did build my first gun. He is responding to you right now. I have to say, just let her touch everything and pick some things out. Help her, but don't tell her no unless you have a very good reason for it. Remember she doesn't know what is good and bad so be patient. Do this as a couple, but put her in charge, if you know what I mean. Jason had all of my gun parts picked out and then we went to Phase 5 and I got to actually see and feel some things and then my whole build changed. He did tell me no on a few things because they wouldn't work well with the rest or they were too heavy, as I was going light weight.

I love every aspect of my rifle now. It is perfect. You could also let her play on Gunstruction, then you can kind of get a feel for what she likes......

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, I completely forgot that UCWRG gun was yours. Speaking of.... UCWRG, I might have to go with their forged set for this.

Yeah I know what you're saying, I'm going to be hands off as much as possible. Like I said, she hasn't played with rifles at all, so I will let her pick the components that are comfortable for her. So far, I know she likes slim handguards.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I grew up with guns, I had just never built one. It was nice to have choices and it was even nicer to have help with all of them.

Ps if she gets crazy, pick 4 or 5 things that are good and let her pick from those. That way she doesn't pick on looks alone. Girls do that, we are crazy 😉

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ps if she gets crazy, pick 4 or 5 things that are good and let her pick from those. That way she doesn't pick on looks alone. Girls do that, we are crazy
    This is what I did for my wife. I gave her the option of several things that would work good together and go toward being lightweight. We also went to quite a few gun shows so that she could fondle stuff and get a feel for what works best for her.

Sent from the center of the universe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    This is what I did for my wife. I gave her the option of several things that would work good together and go toward being lightweight. We also went to quite a few gun shows so that she could fondle stuff and get a feel for what works best for her.

Computalotapus was just reading your post to me, I'm pretty sure your wife is my doppelgänger 😊

Downloads
    Uploads
    Computalotapus was just reading your post to me, I'm pretty sure your wife is my doppelgänger 😊

Unfortunately, she didn't really grow up with guns so she got to the party a bit late. BUT, she has definitely more than made up for it. If I sat down and counted hers vs mine she would most likely have more

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately, she didn't really grow up with guns so she got to the party a bit late. BUT, she has definitely more than made up for it. If I sat down and counted hers vs mine she would most likely have more

Haha that happens, computalotapus build keeps getting pushed back so I can buy more 😁

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha that happens, computalotapus build keeps getting pushed back so I can buy more 😁

Oh the things we do...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh the things we do...

We have good men for sure! ☺️

Downloads
    Uploads
    All changed up now. Took your advice and I do like the NTD barrel. Also the flutes give me some color options I didn't have earlier. Went with a 16" so I can play around with different muzzle devices and going to start out with the RA Mini RMC 2.0 SS. Guess I am just going to have to save this KX3 for an SBR PDW type build one day.....one day.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The MFT Stock with a 15" rail and a KX3 would have just made the gun very unbalanced. Like I mentioned you'd need a SOPMOD or a UBR to balance that gun out, and it would probably be 10 + lbs loaded up. I don't think you were looking for that, so I'm secretly glad you took the suggestion... even if it is your money.

I think you made a wise choice. That KX3 will better serve you on a PDW type weapon with a barrel 10.5" or shorter. Besides, once the PDW project gets going, you know it's going to be your wife's gun, so who are we kidding?! These 2 are getting stocks once my SBR stamps come back.