Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably a little late, but if you really like the fluting have you considered RA's select barrels with fluting? They have a SS one and the black one looks pretty sweet with the contrasting silver flutes.

Sent from the center of the universe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    Probably a little late, but if you really like the fluting have you considered RA's select barrels with fluting? They have a SS one and the black one looks pretty sweet with the contrasting silver flutes.

Barrel is gonna get cerakoted red. Gonna black out the flute lines
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Barrel is gonna get cerakoted red. Gonna black out the flute lines
    Ah, missed that part. Can't wait to see how the coloring turns out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comp, you make me smile.

That the two of us can go about spec/build in such different fashions, but both still end up happy with the results, is a great thing.

I really wish we could visit a range together and swap carbines back and forth for an afternoon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Comp, you make me smile.

That the two of us can go about spec/build in such different fashions, but both still end up happy with the results, is a great thing.

I really wish we could visit a range together and swap carbines back and forth for an afternoon
    To bad your state doesn't like my mag capacity... you are gonna have to come visit me haha
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Comp, you make me smile.

Not trying to hijack the thread, it really is fun to go to the range with 4 or 5 guys, each with 3 or 4 guns and just swap back and forth all day. Last time I went, a friend had a Sten - Yeah no kidding, modified to shoot semi-auto using an adapted AR trigger group. That was some serious "back yard engineering", and the thing shot great. Took me a few shots to figure out how to hold it, but the point is, it is fun for everyone to dump something out of a case or range bag for anyone to try....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread, it really is fun to go to the range with 4 or 5 guys, each with 3 or 4 guns and just swap back and forth all day. Last time I went, a friend had a Sten - Yeah no kidding, modified to shoot semi-auto using an adapted AR trigger group. That was some serious "back yard engineering", and the thing shot great. Took me a few shots to figure out how to hold it, but the point is, it is fun for everyone to dump something out of a case or range bag for anyone to try....

FT
    This is your problem FT, you and your friends only have 3 or 4 guns to swap back and forth... it's all making sense now...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    To bad your state doesn't like my mag capacity... you are gonna have to come visit me haha
    Sigh, its a sad truth. We're working on that.

The federal trial to strike HB 1224 (the one limiting mag capacity) concluded on 4/11 and we're waiting on a ruling, though I haven't seen a timeframe for it. Plus the state did recall 2 senators and get a 3rd to resign (so the democratic party could assign the replacement, keeping the majority) - so there are a least a few avenues open to get that ludicrous legislation removed.

At least I don't live in NJ - from what I've seen they have new bills that classify Marlin Model 60s in .22 LR as "assault weapons." because the capacity of the tubular magazine exceeds 10 rounds. Wait a sec....that I've sunk to saying "at least I don't live in NJ" in the context of firearm law probably merits a trip over to my bourbon cabinet. Back soon.

Please carry on with the NTD design while I'm gone :)
    Last edited by RiverRat; 11 May 2014 at 20:29.

Downloads
    Uploads
    OneNote file for build along with prices to the parts. Blue Titanium Build
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have any experience with that type of rifle, but it'll be interesting to see it completed..
    I've just started on my more "traditional" "patrol" rifle, and it's been fighting me from the start.. I've still got to do a little machining to set up the gas block. Hopefully, after that, parts will start to fall into place..

Keep us in the loop with some pics..It'll be interesting to see something out of the ordinary...

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads

Comp....listen to Jaxon, he knows things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shhhhh not the wrong components.... just not the components she wanted... how else do you think I fund my builds haha
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Talked to Blowndeadline via email over the weekend and yesterday. I am going to ride down put a face to the username and drop off my parts that need cerakoted in mid-June. :)
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    So what exactly is getting the cerakote treatment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    So what exactly is getting the cerakote treatment?

Receiver set, rail, and stock will get kryptek pattern cerakote. Barrel, buffer tube, tactical link battery assist lever, and the naroh grip & barricade stops will be done in red.
    Just a regular guy.