Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good looking stuff, been monitoring your progress. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XACT_ABORT View Post
    Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?
    Kryptec is the camo pattern that they are putting on the rifle.

Sent from the center of the universe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good looking stuff, been monitoring your progress. Gotta love it when a plan comes together. Could you guys indulge a noob question? What is this Kryptec you speak of? Finish treatment?
    Kryptek is a camo pattern ( www.kryptek.com ) If you want to see some really cool cerakote jobs of Kryptek patterns you can look at blowndeadlines IG feed here.

And thank you.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey thanks for the links... The blowndeadline stuff is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to the outcome now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Kryptek is a camo pattern ( www.kryptek.com ) If you want to see some really cool cerakote jobs of Kryptek patterns you can look at blowndeadlines IG feed here.

And thank you.
    Hey thanks for the links... The blowndeadline stuff is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to the outcome now.
    Awwww man, Comp, you told him...now you have to kill him. Crap, another good member down the drain.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Awwww man, Comp, you told him...now you have to kill him. Crap, another good member down the drain.
    Don't know about good member, but I did notice that I officially lost the "New Member" moniker. And don't kill me yet, I really want to see how this turns out. Those camo patterns make me think of Predator by the way.

So I have a touch of color blindness and admit I probably can't fully appreciate the entire range of colors particularly when they're similar in base. Comp, when you spec out the colors to use how many specifically different colors does this type of pattern support? Is it just two or more?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    haha well I like to see what people come up with as far as their builds. mine is really pieces and parts of what I have seen other people do.

Don't know about good member, but I did notice that I officially lost the "New Member" moniker. And don't kill me yet, I really want to see how this turns out. Those camo patterns make me think of Predator by the way.

So I have a touch of color blindness and admit I probably can't fully appreciate the entire range of colors particularly when they're similar in base. Comp, when you spec out the colors to use how many specifically different colors does this type of pattern support? Is it just two or more?
    It will have 3 colors. I am thinking a Blue Titanium as my base, Black as my secondary, and Titanium as my accent. With red barrel, buffer tube, xmr, tactical link EBAL, and Naroh grip stops.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    haha well I like to see what people come up with as far as their builds. mine is really pieces and parts of what I have seen other people do.

It will have 3 colors. I am thinking a Blue Titanium as my base, Black as my secondary, and Titanium as my accent. With red barrel, buffer tube, xmr, tactical link EBAL, and Naroh grip stops.
    Sounds awesome! I was thinking that what I was seeing from the pictures that there were probably more than the two colors that jump out at me initially. Like I said though it's hard for me to tell sometimes. There's quite a bit of potential there to do some really cool stuff.

One of the things that I didn't realize about the AR game initially was the extent that one could sort of be creative at a minimum by wading through the vast selection of off the shelf parts resulting in something that is truly their own. Not to take anything away from the overall functionality and intended purpose of a firearm at all, but this is a whole different level I hadn't paid attention to.

Comp, I hope you enjoy the process and I'm sure it's going to be great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey comp, just curious if you have played with different mags to see if your lower likes/dislikes whatever, as i just was playing with my newly acquired north tech lower that almost every gen 2 mag i tried and every gen 3 pmag would like not even insert all the way into the lower, the only one that was semi easy was a lancer awm and newer gi mag..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Hey comp, just curious if you have played with different mags to see if your lower likes/dislikes whatever, as i just was playing with my newly acquired north tech lower that almost every gen 2 mag i tried and every gen 3 pmag would like not even insert all the way into the lower, the only one that was semi easy was a lancer awm and newer gi mag..

Once I get a all the lower parts I will give it a try. All I own is gen2 pmags.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but were you Air Force? For some reason I thought you were Army. I just noticed your parts list also has an Iron Viper USAF forward assist on it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Maybe I wasn't paying attention before, but were you Air Force? For some reason I thought you were Army. I just noticed your parts list also has an Iron Viper USAF forward assist on it.

Yep I was Air Force. Back in the day my MOS was called Security Police and the only part of my training that was actually USAF was Basic and then 6 weeks of Military Police training at Lackland. After that I spent the next 6 months on Army Posts for Air Base Ground Defense,Heavy Weapons, and some Urban Tactics training.

From what I hear now Security Police and Law Enforcement have been shoved into a single MOS ( Security Forces ) and the USAF does all the training.

The rest of the Air Force considered us step children. Ask Browcs....nobody in the Air Force liked SP's. It was a job for the confident, cocky, and arrogant. I fit right in haha.

Best thing was jacking up some light bird because he forgot the sign/counter sign for the day. And when he started trying to throw rank around the famous line of "Sir..my authority trumps your rank on this side of the line...now turn away from the resource, hands up and out spread your fingers and your feet"....ahh the good old days.
    Last edited by Computalotapus; 8 June 2014 at 15:16.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Odin Works 15.5" Kmod Forend arrived today. Swapped some stuff around, going with Odin Works 16" SS Ultralite Barrel and RA SS RAC muzzle device. Parts are going off to cerakote soon.

Last edited by Computalotapus; 9 July 2014 at 16:44.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thing looks beast. gonna make on hell of a rifle
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You get an USAF F/A yet?

I think I have an extra one.