Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UW -

My daughter is about 5' 8" and yeah the rail is probably long enough for her to go fully extended. We did play around with a more extended left hand grip, elbow raised and less bent, wrist position modified - and there was still plenty of room on the 12" rail at that point.

I get what you're saying about rail lengths. I wonder how much of the longer-length mindset has come from decreasing the rail outside diameter. Its not just weight at that point, it's how your wrist and hand connect with the rail and how that relates to elbow position. I'm sure there are some fancy biomechanical reasons that some of these styles work comfortably for some rails, but are clumky with others.

Downloads
    Uploads
    RR,

Your daughter looks like she knows how to handle herself and that weapon. Nicely done.

I mocked up a new CMT Tactical UPUR-2 with the DD 14.5" and a Centurion CMR 11" The Fortis RED is just a place holder until I figure out a muzzle device.

I think we may have a winner. I know I wanted to keep this lightweight, but she's really liking the CMT Receivers. I don't have a spare lower to match, so I'll have to buy one, but just for shits and giggles, I'm going to weigh a forged set vs this billet to see how much weight we are adding.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice!!

I kinda chuckled when it said i didnt have a matching lower...lol...nothing...carry on..

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMT Upper weighs 8.5oz without the dust cover, compared with a Mega Arms Forged Upper without dust cover/forward assist weights in at 6.95oz.

Not sure I'm going with the Billet since the weights will compound with the lower. Picked up a BCM .625 gas block and a gas tube today (not pictured) but mocked up:

Downloads
    Uploads
    I kind of hit a snafu today.

The gas block in not pinnable as I don't have a jig, and neither does Rainier for a .625 gas block. Since it's covered with the rail, I could just use the set screws, or go with a .750 barrel. Eh. I suppose this isn't going to be run hard so the set screws will likely work just fine. I guess I'm stuck in the mentality of all the guns I own "should" stand up to abuse.

Downloads
    Uploads
    the screws will work just fine for the woman..hell most set screws, never come loose if installed correctly and a quick stake is applied..

looking good on the build though..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, this project has been scrapped and going back to the proverbial drawing board. The CMR Rail did not work for her. However, she did look at my Rainier Arms NiB gun and liked that setup, so I may swap out the furniture to pink as she requested. She doesn't like the setup up as far the weight goes, so I'll have to see what I can do to cut the weight down.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What is the desired weight you are shooting for in this build?
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well, this project has been scrapped and going back to the proverbial drawing board. The CMR Rail did not work for her. However, she did look at my Rainier Arms NiB gun and liked that setup, so I may swap out the furniture to pink as she requested. She doesn't like the setup up as far the weight goes, so I'll have to see what I can do to cut the weight down.
    Definitely think about BCM's 14.5" ELW-F with 10" or 13" KMR. The whole setup is light, but it feels even lighter due to the barrel taper which keeps the weight closer to the shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    What is the desired weight you are shooting for in this build?
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8.1
    Good question.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Calengor View Post
    Definitely think about BCM's 14.5" ELW-F with 10" or 13" KMR. The whole setup is light, but it feels even lighter due to the barrel taper which keeps the weight closer to the shooter.
    I knew you were a BCM shill! I keeeed I keeeed

Right now I have a mock up going with some of the pink furniture. I may swap the handguard out with a KMR like you suggested.

I'm just happy we decided on a receiver set. Ditched the Billet idea because of the weight, and she started eyeballing my BAD Lowers, so I'm glad she was distracted by the NiB receiver. Even added the CMC Pink trigger.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I knew you were a BCM shill! I keeeed I keeeed

Right now I have a mock up going with some of the pink furniture. I may swap the handguard out with a KMR like you suggested.

I'm just happy we decided on a receiver set. Ditched the Billet idea because of the weight, and she started eyeballing my BAD Lowers, so I'm glad she was distracted by the NiB receiver. Even added the CMC Pink trigger.
    I'm not a huge pink fan, but that's looking nice with the failzero coated receiver.

Shit, if I'm a BCM shill I need to contact Paul Buffoni and inquire where they've been sending the checks, because I haven't been getting them

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm glad my wife likes black, not sure I could handle that much pink next to my black and wood in the safe. I'd have to get her own fortress of solitude to keep it in. You sir, are a saint.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by camomike View Post
    I'm glad my wife likes black, not sure I could handle that much pink next to my black and wood in the safe. I'd have to get her own fortress of solitude to keep it in. You sir, are a saint.

With as many as I have in the safe, this thing sticks out like a sore thumb. But hey whatever gets the wife into shooting.

Calengor - this is a botch job some local guy did, not Fail Zero, which is why it looks more white than NiB.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That thing looks white and pink. I wonder if you're able to swap out some of the other small parts with pink. I wouldn't want to pay to cerakote small parts, doesn't seem like it's worth the money. But whatever you wife wants I guess!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow man, That's an awesome Mag release on that rifle. I wish I knew where to get one of those...... At least it's not still sitting on your mantle or WTF you said it was.

Oh, hahaha.....Thanks for the sig line!?!?
    Comfort is a state of mind......