Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhh...Was just looking at 6.5 grendel parts the other day..then someone bumps this..lol

Quote Originally Posted by acirema View Post
    Just built AR in 260 Remington. Currently running 22" JP Super match barrel 1:8 twist. I have a 24" Kreiger barrel on order, but it won't be delivered until March 2015. No factory match ammo available, so I've been reloading for it. So far have used 123gn Nosler and 142gn SMK'S, Lapua brass and H4831. Still looking for a load it likes, as accuracy has not matched my AR 308, using Federal 168gn match. Range from 100-300yds. It is a much smoother shooting platform compared to the 308. I hope to get both rifles out to 1000yds next April at Quantico.
    Nice sounding setup, the 260 has been on my radar as well..

Quote Originally Posted by WHSmithIV View Post
    I intend to build one in 6.5 Grendel for sure. I'm very impressed with the ballistics curve of the round. At 500 yards it passes a .308 bullet in flight. Its accurate designed range is 800 yards. Yep, I want one.
    Im still game as well for a AR grendel build...someday...Probably start out with a upper...Yes they have a very good BC and are still supersonic at around 1200 yards...Very accurate little bullet...I am very intrigued and im about due for another caliber...all my other AR's are the std 556/223 wylde stuff....

I have been eye'ing the satern barrel and bolt combos..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mustang, have you shot one before? I, like you, have been looking at this for when I get home, as an intermediate cartridge - even though it's not necessarily intermediate in price between 5.56 and .308.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shot a grendel, not per say, shot the old mans 6.5 x .284 bolt action...

Little more recoil can be expected..case capacity is up around 30 grains...using a larger case then 223..thus the need for its own bolt...much like a 762x39 bolt it seems like..its close but not the same..

I Also have looked at the 260 as a option also, for a big boy build..lol... I reload so ammo is not a problem/worry per say...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've gotta get to it sooner or later, as I bought 300 6.5 bullets on clearance last year in anticipation of having something to feed them to.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was planning on going with a 6.5G several years ago. Found out about the 6BRX from AR15 Performance and went with that instead. With a 22" barrel I'm getting right at 3,000 fps with 105gr Berger VLDs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not a 6.5, but a buddy of mine had a 6mm AR built up. He uses it in competitions and it sounded like it worked out very good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I took the first step towards a 6.5G and bought a upper receiver (Aero Precision) and a 13" forearm (Parallax FFSSR)...now I'm looking at barrel and bolt combos, which is really the expensive stuff. I'm looking at the Brownell's 18" as a starter, anyone have any experience? I have read pretty good reviews about them for the price - I'm just not ready to commit $500+ for a round that I'm not sure I'm committed to. I started with the UR and forearm because I turn that into almost anything AR15 related....

I do like everything I'm reading about the 6.5G, except for finding brass to reload.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been lazy and havent shot the 6.5creed yet...
    Most likely will go shoot it within a month or two since the weather is nice now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 6.5 Grendel with an 18" Alexander Arms barrel. Its a smooth shooter. I havent had a chance to really test it out and better myself as a distance shooter. Ive only put about 200 rounds of Hornady factory ammo through it. Max distance was about 300 yards, but thats my limitations as of right now. Its capable of reaching out to 1k with the right person pulling the trigger. I love the 6.5 but man the ammo is not cheap by any means. With the Grendel being SAMMI spec now I would hope the price comes down some.
    "Always do more than is required of you"
    - General George S. Patton

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got Atomic Tactical building me a Mega Arms AR in 6.5 Grendel. I went with that 18" Brownell's barrel. It was too attractive a price point at under $300 including the bolt. From some of the reading I've done they get them from Liberty/Satern, so I'm hoping its decent quality. I'm getting antsy to get it and get out and shoot it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    6.5grendel.com has a lot of good info. The grendel can give you close to what a 308 ar10 does but in the ar15 size lower is my understanding? Plus it has better long range ballistics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I very much intend to build a specific 6.5 Grendel rifle for 1 mile shooting. I did it with my .303 Lee Enfield with its iron sights on a 1ftx3ft target. I most certainly can do it with a 6.5 cartridge. I simply hate the cost of the ammo though.
    Freedom is NEVER Free. We have to work to protect it and even be willing to die to protect it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^ yeah, i think there will be some more commercial options in the next few years but I'd probably reload for the grendel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a 6.5 Grendel with a 20" Proof Research barrel. Fantastic shooter and I hope to take a whitetail this year with it. I love reloading, so it was right up my alley. It loves the 100gr as well as 123 gr AMAX. I've also shot some 120gr hollow points. I run it with a Specwar 7.62.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Brownells 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel is a shooter. Using factory Hornady 123gr SST loads I can consistently get 0.75MOA 5 round groups at 100 yards.