Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I might be late to the party, but just noticed Rainier Arms is now carrying 6.5 creedmoor barrels in fluted and non fluted, the fluted is about a pound lighter..

http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-a...moor-barrel-24

Stainless Steel Match Grade Shilen Blank
    Length: 24"
    Twist: 1:8
    Gas Block Seat: .936 Diameter
    Thread Pitch: 5/8X24
    6.5 Creedmoor Rainier Match Chamber
    Rifle Gas System
    Ratchet 4 groove
    M4 Feed Ramps
    Proprietary Contour
    Bead Blasted Finish
    Weight: 4 lbs 5.8 oz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgot to say, i wonder if they will offering 18 or 20" barrel versions of these

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

As I have seen quite a few new 6.5 builds lately

Details, pics.....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does the Creedmoor mate to a .308, or .223 lower? I have a friend who has been a lifelong hunter and reloader who sees this caliber as his worthwhile step into hunting ARs. He's a staunch bolt gun hunter, but likes ARs for pleasure shooting. I'd like to help him "see the light" with respect to precision ARs.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Anyone?

I am intrigued in by the numbers and such the 6.5's put out , Whether it be the grendel or creedmoor.

I have wanted to do a build in a 6.5 creedmoor, for when i really want to reach out and touch something..lol..My old man has a 6.5x .284 bolt action that is a laser beam and dime sized groups out at 300 so far...

Fast and carry their speed for a while.

So anyone playing with 6.5's? Maybe a list of needs and such and what barrels, mags, etc you used and how it shoots etc. factory or handloads.... As i would be hand loading for either.
    Yup, built an AR-10 in 260 REM for exactly the reasons you've mentioned, long range BC. But that gun turned out to be a12lb+ beast that didn't lend itself to any sort of stalking type of hunting. It's mostly a bench gun that I hope to take to at leat 800yd, all the room I have at home.
    So I built a 6.5 Grendel to get the same ballistics in a lighter platform. I'm now amazed at the long range capabilities of the Grendel, planning to see how far it will go.
    6.5 is now my favorite!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a few of the 6.5's. I am really seeing the potential of this round. Not exaggerating the recoil impulse is almost nothing and 2000+ FPS at 500 yards is hard to debate.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 316
Size:  1.56 MB

Mega Maten with 26" Rainier Arms Ultra match barrel
    Rainier BCG
    Geissele super SGA trigger

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 302
Size:  1.77 MB

Aero M5E1
    20" Ballistic Advantage barrel
    Aero BCG
    Geiselle SSA-E trigger in it now that it's finished

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very Nice ......,I approve... lol

Ya I still want to build something 308 based either 308 .6.5, 260, etc

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Does the Creedmoor mate to a .308, or .223 lower? I have a friend who has been a lifelong hunter and reloader who sees this caliber as his worthwhile step into hunting ARs. He's a staunch bolt gun hunter, but likes ARs for pleasure shooting. I'd like to help him "see the light" with respect to precision ARs.
    Creedmoor is for "large frame" (AR10) and Grendel is for "small frame" (AR15). For hunting, I'd recommend that your friend looking into the 6.8 SPC. It's essentially a "270 short" and works out of the standard AR15 platform. New barrel, bolt, and mags.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geez man... I read this kind of thread in a moment of weakness... LOL

On one hand I want to keep my builds all bread and butter calibers so that I can stock just those calibers of ammo....

But on the other hand I would be so tempted to try some of these other calibers... especially ones where I can just build new uppers...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Creedmoor is for "large frame" (AR10) and Grendel is for "small frame" (AR15). For hunting, I'd recommend that your friend looking into the 6.8 SPC. It's essentially a "270 short" and works out of the standard AR15 platform. New barrel, bolt, and mags.
    I went with 6.8 for a while. When the wlv came around I loved the fact it used the same mags and bolt for 5.56 and still got 90% of the performance of the 6.8. I just like the 277 bullets better.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm seriously considering the 6.5CM as my next rifle after shooting one a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone tell me much about the accuracy of the PWS MK2 in 6.5 vs some of the others in its price range such as GAP and LaRue?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws...that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent