Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Mission First Tactical Minimalist Stock

Interested in getting one of these or maybe holding off for the new MOE SL or BCM Gunfighter. Probably will end up getting at least 2 of these. Anyone using this MFT stock, what do you think of it?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I picked one up for my 9mm range toy a few months ago. I like it! Fit was extremely snug at first (like two men and a small boy needed to adjust it snug), but it loosened up by itself to the point where it is just right - no rattle at all, but one handed adjustability. I'd buy another.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been eyeballing this stock too.
    I just can't dig the looks of the new BCM or MOE SL... I know that's not what it's about but I want it to look good and work.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    What do you mean that's not what it's about?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I assume that what he means is that form is supposed to follow function, not the typical AR-owner "wow, that looks really neato-cool. I wonder what nonsense I can post online to make it sound like it's useful instead of just pretty."

FWIW, I don't have a problem with guys and their barbies, I just get annoyed at the guys trying to pretend their barbies are GI Joes.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I assume that what he means is that form is supposed to follow function, not the typical AR-owner "wow, that looks really neato-cool. I wonder what nonsense I can post online to make it sound like it's useful instead of just pretty."

FWIW, I don't have a problem with guys and their barbies, I just get annoyed at the guys trying to pretend their barbies are GI Joes.
    ^^ Pretty much. I need my AR to be functional but I want it to look good doing so.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone annoyed yet?
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone annoyed yet?
    Outraged.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone annoyed yet?
    Nope, sorry! Haha.
    As I said, I want mine to look good too (that's why I want that darn stencil from you!).
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to annoy anyone but I do like a nice looking rifle. I had my new rifle Cerakoted in Kryptek and I think it looks pretty good. Does it function well, can't really say yet I only got to put about 100 rounds through it this weekend. I had no malfunctions though with both PMC and American Eagle 62 grain. Now I'm no GI Joe just a guy who lives on a farm who likes to shoot a lot, I don't hunt that much anymore and have never pointed a gun at anyone. Am I the typical AR owner, I neither know or care. Do I care if some likes every part of their rifle NiB coated, Cerakoted or hydro-dipped; nope that's their business and some of those rifles in my opinion look great. Did any of the previous add any function to their rifle, probably not much. But my opinion doesn't mean that much and I really like a good looking rifle made from quality parts.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to annoy anyone but I do like a nice looking rifle. I had my new rifle Cerakoted in Kryptek and I think it looks pretty good. Does it function well, can't really say yet I only got to put about 100 rounds through it this weekend. I had no malfunctions though with both PMC and American Eagle 62 grain. Now I'm no GI Joe just a guy who lives on a farm who likes to shoot a lot, I don't hunt that much anymore and have never pointed a gun at anyone. Am I the typical AR owner, I neither know or care. Do I care if some likes every part of their rifle NiB coated, Cerakoted or hydro-dipped; nope that's their business and some of those rifles in my opinion look great. Did any of the previous add any function to their rifle, probably not much. But my opinion doesn't mean that much and I really like a good looking rifle made from quality parts.
    GOST as long as it's safe and goes bang every time you pull the trigger.... don't sweat it. It's your rifle and your money, have it anyway you want it, nice and shiney, high tech or beat to hell. My unsolicited philosophical bent on the issue. Now, my Harley, well that's another story....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Matching colors, patterns, cerakote, hydrodip, seems like the wave of the future. Not much more to do with accessories it seems like lately, so people want to customize the rifle's colors and make it "pretty" nothing wrong with that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Matching colors, patterns, cerakote, hydrodip, seems like the wave of the future. Not much more to do with accessories it seems like lately, so people want to customize the rifle's colors and make it "pretty" nothing wrong with that.
    Kevin, my "voodoo" rifle is going to be cerekoted and hydro dipped. ATAC foliage to be precise. Reason, I took a lot of pictures and mental notes on the heavily foilaged rolling hills, to down south in S.E. KY to South Central KY. These are the places I frequent most. ATAC foliage was the best compromise I could find for all seasons, and believe me, I looked at just about every camo pattern I could find at places that does hydro dipping. So, as it gets scratched here and there, the Cerekote base will still be a close foliage green color, including buffer tube and CTR stock.

I definitely don't think it'll ever be called pretty, but it should definetly blend in like a ghost and be functional. But I agree with your post 100%.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    God gives me what I need, I go get what I want. Don't tell my Wife.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Darnit I've annoyed myself.
    flickr
    facebook