Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry your time has been wasted Robby, are you annoyed yet?
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Not to annoy anyone but I do like a nice looking rifle. I had my new rifle Cerakoted in Kryptek and I think it looks pretty good. Does it function well, can't really say yet I only got to put about 100 rounds through it this weekend. I had no malfunctions though with both PMC and American Eagle 62 grain. Now I'm no GI Joe just a guy who lives on a farm who likes to shoot a lot, I don't hunt that much anymore and have never pointed a gun at anyone. Am I the typical AR owner, I neither know or care. Do I care if some likes every part of their rifle NiB coated, Cerakoted or hydro-dipped; nope that's their business and some of those rifles in my opinion look great. Did any of the previous add any function to their rifle, probably not much. But my opinion doesn't mean that much and I really like a good looking rifle made from quality parts.
    GOST as long as it's safe and goes bang every time you pull the trigger.... don't sweat it. It's your rifle and your money, have it anyway you want it, nice and shiney, high tech or beat to hell. My unsolicited philosophical bent on the issue. Now, my Harley, well that's another story....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    Matching colors, patterns, cerakote, hydrodip, seems like the wave of the future. Not much more to do with accessories it seems like lately, so people want to customize the rifle's colors and make it "pretty" nothing wrong with that.
    Kevin, my "voodoo" rifle is going to be cerekoted and hydro dipped. ATAC foliage to be precise. Reason, I took a lot of pictures and mental notes on the heavily foilaged rolling hills, to down south in S.E. KY to South Central KY. These are the places I frequent most. ATAC foliage was the best compromise I could find for all seasons, and believe me, I looked at just about every camo pattern I could find at places that does hydro dipping. So, as it gets scratched here and there, the Cerekote base will still be a close foliage green color, including buffer tube and CTR stock.

I definitely don't think it'll ever be called pretty, but it should definetly blend in like a ghost and be functional. But I agree with your post 100%.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I recently installed the minimalist stock on an AR build and even though I haven't had a chance to run it much, I can say that the build quality is excellent. It's surprisingly solid and the tolerances are good. It's more comfortable than it looks too. One item of note is that due to the stocks light weight, you can easily end up with a rather front heavy rifle. Mine is a little front heavy with this stock but I think the overall weight savings will prove to be worth it over time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What length barrel you running on that setup Battle Cock?
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I replaced my STR with one of these. My rifle is pretty close to being balanced on the magwell now. I'm still a couple of ounces heavier on the stock side, but I think that's OK until I test out some different BCG options.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    What length barrel you running on that setup Battle Cock?
    It's a 16in m4 profile with an Ares Armor EFFIN-A comp.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking about trying one out on the 14.5".
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    So now that people have had/ran them a while, what are your opinions on these?

Im seriously thinking of picking one up, just curious how they are holding up, are they tight on the buffer tube....do you like it?

Also looks like the scorched dark earth one is what a person would want to match the magpul fde, which is it close or close enough?

thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really like mine. The fit and comfort are both really good for a stock that can be had for $49.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wheres the deal on them? Looking for a milspec , scorched dark earth

Downloads
    Uploads
    Academy Sports, $49.95 with free shipping.

http://m.academy.com/shop/Product_10...+first&Ntk=All
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same price at RA and gives you a reason to swing into the store front.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Computalotapus View Post
    Same price at RA and gives you a reason to swing into the store front.
    It says there out of stock on the scorched dark earth ones..RA does get a lot of my gun money..lol..

thanks for the link gost
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 15 August 2014 at 15:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been shooting mine quite a bit, and I'm still liking it.