Downloads
    Uploads

AAR: Carbine Class, Kyle Defoor, April 12-13th (2014) Bethlehem, PA

"...time, space, violence..."

Summary
    Having only heard good things about Kyle Defoor, I was eager to take one of his classes. So I jumped on the chance to make it out to this class in Bethlehem, having not been able to make it to one before due to schedule conflicts. While I am not new to the deployment of the AR15 platform or tactics, I go to every class with a completely open mind to the instructors techniques. The last class I took was with Bennie Cooley and that was some months ago, so I was itching for a class to refresh my technique and critic what I was doing. I also had built a new (to me) rifle so I wanted to put it through its paces. Having done a good bit of shooting with Sayoc Tactical Group (see Warrior Pistol AAR) and knowing that Kyle has an extensive history with them I would be tracking a lot of what he was teaching. Which was exactly the case since a lot of what Kyle taught was in line with concepts and methods that I was already familiar with. The class was just as much about proper mindset as it was about the AR15 and overall tactics. My goal for this was to put my ability to run a rifle against Kyle's teaching style and to take away anything that I could apply to my daily tactics on the job.

Equipment
    11.5 BCM upper on a AR15 pistol build w/ Magpul M3 sling (RX06 Optic)
    SKD PIG Gloves
    Wolf/Tula 55gr/62gr (600-800 rounds total)
    Read the full review - http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/05/aa...-april-12.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice write up, I hope to train with some of these East Coast based guys in classes down the road when I move.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice article. I haven't "worked" a weapon in a very long time. I have some beginner/intermediate classes I need to knock out several times before I can even think about taking a class to "work" a weapon. But this is the kind of class I would like to work up too.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm too lazy to click links. Next time post the entire review!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinBL View Post
    I'm too lazy to click links. Next time post the entire review!
    Then how on earth would anyone get their "hit" counter up if nobody visited their site?
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Then how on earth would anyone get their "hit" counter up if nobody visited their site?
    Exactly!

Jeez, guys be considerate here, us starving bloggers need your hits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Exactly!

Jeez, guys be considerate here, us starving bloggers need your hits.

I can appreciate this level of honesty ... hence I did read the rest of your review on your page. Well done. Like I said, I can't wait to train with some of these instructors when I move east. We're kind of on an island here in the PNW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I can appreciate this level of honesty ... hence I did read the rest of your review on your page. Well done. Like I said, I can't wait to train with some of these instructors when I move east. We're kind of on an island here in the PNW.

How far east are you moving?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hope you're not coming to maryland. I'll be in WV or PA as soon as funds allow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Hope you're not coming to maryland. I'll be in WV or PA as soon as funds allow.
    Nothing set in stone how far east we're moving, as it'll be another 7.5 years.

It definitely won't be in MD however. Biggest things of course are Gun friendly, NFA friendly states, and somewhere I can buy about 50+ acres to shoot on.

Downloads
    Uploads

It definitely won't be in MD however. Biggest things of course are Gun friendly, NFA friendly states, and somewhere I can buy about 50+ acres to shoot on.
    If you're coming east east, West Virginia is beautiful and wide open. Manageable climate. Not too hot in summer not too cold in winter. Regular old Virginia is nice too. What grinds my gear about where I live is it is so beautiful here, and I'm close to all my favorite things (skiing, shooting, fishing, etc) but I'm wedged right in the narrowest little sliver of Maryland. Literally I'm 1 minute from PA and 10 from WV. Couldn't get much worse.

Downloads
    Uploads

coughPAcough

Downloads
    Uploads
    Tennessee, no state income tax, one of the lowest cost of living states in the union and home of the GOST and Dolly Parton.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    coughPAcough
    +1

Curious - new to the AR world. I know there's Range Time in IN and Redback One in VA. What are some good instructors around the PA area? (are there any?)

Nice article by the way.