Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Well, looks like it's gonna be a pistol after all. Maryland OK'd stripped lowers today, so I'll be ordering one this week and SLOWLY building a pistol.
    Should have taken that San Tan Lower when you had the chance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Spare upper, opinions needed.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Should have taken that San Tan Lower when you had the chance.
    Don't think I haven't already thought about that.

I'm very pleased with the CMT upper you guys sent me.

Now I'm in the "which lower do I want" phase.Gonna be a budget conscious build, so it's gonna be a cheaper lower, most likely a Aero blem or a spikes honey badger blem. POSSIBLY a Aero "pew" lower if they will ship them to MD. A lot of places are adamant in their decision not to ship here. JoeBob's for one (who are incredible folks to deal with) have always stuck by is Maryland folks and have said if our FFL agrees to transfer lowers then they agree to ship them, so I think I'll be giving them my business again.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My next build is going to be pistol as well, my first. Got most of my parts already just waiting on the barrel and custom dies which are due by end of month maybe next. Since I reload and wanted something different I decided on a wildcat, the .277 Wolverine through Mad Dog Weapons. Other than the cost of the new dies the supplies are pretty reasonable since it uses .556 brass and .277/6.8 projectiles which I already have plenty of both. Forming the brass is like .300 blk but you don't have to bandsaw since it's a tad longer just size form and trim. He's already got my dies but I told him just ship with the barrel, the 16'' is already shipping but I'm doing 10.5'' so a little longer wait for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborne_EWO View Post
    Its understandable that there would be more recoil. However, that can be somewhat mitigated by using a heavy barrel, buffer, and stiffer spring. Yes, it will still kick more.

9 round mag - How many rounds do you need?

I can't disagree with the over penatration.

Only real increased cost would be the price of ammo. If you reload it helps save some money.

Again, I have no hands-on experience with this round and highly recommend that anyone building an AR do their own research first.

Sent from the center of the universe!
    My Dad has a 458 he had built for killing nuisance hogs, It hits like a freight train.
    Sorry Daddy. It's okay son. If you weren't screwing something up I wouldn't know you were trying.