I got to shoot one of these at SHOT 2012 and liked it then. The more I read about it, the more I liked it. As soon as the local dealer let me know they were getting an order in, I put my name on the list.

The rifle I ended up getting was not nearly what I expected from Colt, but at the same time, was about what I expected from Colt.

Expected: quality
Result: mostly.

Expected: accuracy
Result: first shots from rifle, with iron sights hitting 8x12 steel plate at 100 yards using surplus DAG ammo.

Not expected: poor quality control
Result: missing roll pin from ambi mag release. Mag release lever jumped out of it's slot during a mag change.

Not expected: poor customer service
Result: 4 hours waiting on hold, CSR who was unfamiliar with product, no follow up communication.
Followup: part showed up in mail about 2 months after phone call. Again, no communication from customer service, just a part with an 'paid' invoice in the envelope.

Not expected: portions of 'modular' rifle are just out of spec
Result: buffer tube extension is lower and shorter requiring modification to any non standard AR grip with raised 'beavertail', like the MIAD B2 or B3 back.
Result: trigger guard is shorter, after market trigger guards will not drop in without modification.
Result: Non standard parts without commercial access equals don't dare lose ANYTHING!

Not expected: no magazine block
Result: the modular rifle that is not modular
Followup: magazine block available and currently shipping with new production rifles. At $300 increase for complete rifle or $300 for the block, carbine buffer and buffer/recoil spring.

I really want to like this rifle, but I also want to have my 'modular' rifle at least somewhat similar to my other AR rifles.