1 1.85%
  • Wait for the Next System

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KeyMod Vs M-Lok

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Congratulations on the new baby, that's almost as cool as the G2S. I kid, boy or girl?
    Thanks!

Second girl. Any day now...

No boys. That'll be fine though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tappedandtagged View Post
    Thanks!

Second girl. Any day now...

No boys. That'll be fine though.
    Will they be issued KeyMod or M-LOK?

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I voted KeyMod strictly on the basis that I have been using it and like it. Frankly M-lok pisses me off. Magpul has a huge, ridiculous following and make quality stuff but I have notoced one thing...their ffanboys are diehard and would never question the infinite wisdom of Magpul. This is why Mlok pisses me off. We FINALLY had a non proprietary system that was highly customizable and instead of going with it Magpul rallies the troops and basically gives the big "f you" to KeyMod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DMViergever View Post
    I voted KeyMod strictly on the basis that I have been using it and like it. Frankly M-lok pisses me off. Magpul has a huge, ridiculous following and make quality stuff but I have notoced one thing...their ffanboys are diehard and would never question the infinite wisdom of Magpul. This is why Mlok pisses me off. We FINALLY had a non proprietary system that was highly customizable and instead of going with it Magpul rallies the troops and basically gives the big "f you" to KeyMod.
    Damn Devon,
    Don't sugarcoat it, tell us how you really feel.....

P.S. I voted Keymod, because I didn't really know (I do now) what the question actually was, and I have 2 KeyMod rifles, and another Keymod hand guard that I won in members drawing. The others are 2 Centurion C4's and the Colt was sold.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    If there were a poll option for "don't give a shit" I would select that option

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I'll keep that in mind, in case I ever post a poll. Oops, laughed so hard I think I blew snot on my self.....
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DMViergever View Post
    From reading their material on the MLok system I seemed to gather that the KeyMod system wasn't very compatible with polymer products (is Magpul) due to the undercut that must be made on the attachment device. So... I can understand why they want another system.

That being said... After doing a lot of reading and searching, I placed an order for a KeyMod rail about 2 hours ago. Its coming from a company about 4 hours away so I hope to have it before the weekend is over. Then its off to my Dad's shop to shave my FSB and install the new rail when I get off work Sunday morning (unless I have a new kid by then). My Dad has Burr King belt grinder that should finish the gas block nicely.

The main reason I went with the KeyMod was due to my needs on a rifle which are a rail and a light. Not much else (except optics). Noveske makes a very sleek KeyMod light mount that is EXACTLY what I want in a light mount. So with the one accessory already being made, I figured I'd go with the known versus the unknown.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Why not? And for what its worth, I tried to edit the poll (some forums allow that) but was unable to add the afformentioned MoxyDave option to the list.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha the more you know ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe Keymod and M-LOK will both survive. Both BCM and KAC we're not on the M-LOK list and both have a diehard following.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Update. Keymod rail is nicely living on my rifle now. I'm happy. If I ever get over my feelings of camera inadequacy, I'll post some pictures.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I believe Keymod and M-LOK will both survive. Both BCM and KAC we're not on the M-LOK list and both have a diehard following.
    I think there is room in the market for both.

Geissele is sending me a MK8 soon, so I will definitely see if it's actually better than keymod.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing I think that hurts keymod the most is that all the rails look alike.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    That's blank on my iPad. Is it the vimeo video that magpul recently put out? I saw it on their Facebook page.

Edit. It worked on my phone. Same video, differnt video hosting. Apple products suck.
    Last edited by tappedandtagged; 5 June 2014 at 22:16.