• Another Proprietary Mounting System

1 1.85%
  • Wait for the Next System

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: KeyMod Vs M-Lok

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've actually heard the opposite outcome in testing by JSOC and that Keymod was found superior for strength and zero retention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And hence was the reason for KAC implementing and pushing Keymod first with the M110K2/K3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    And hence was the reason for KAC implementing and pushing Keymod first with the M110K2/K3.
    Has there been any actual requirements for Keymod that has been made public, specifically with KAC? I think that's the problem with the argument of why what came first and who wants what. Sure, guys on the internet can say they've seen something in the wild, but Knight's (and others) don't generate a product (in this case a KM rail) that they sell to the Army without a requirements package. If it's been made public, it would be interesting to see/read.

Personally, I find it tough to sift through which of KAC's products are truly a result of some sort of contract and which ones are following comercial industry trends. They tend to make their commercial line-up a little muddy when they change accessories much faster than the military procurement process works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Has there been any actual requirements for Keymod that has been made public, specifically with KAC? I think that's the problem with the argument of why what came first and who wants what. Sure, guys on the internet can say they've seen something in the wild, but Knight's (and others) don't generate a product (in this case a KM rail) that they sell to the Army without a requirements package. If it's been made public, it would be interesting to see/read.

Personally, I find it tough to sift through which of KAC's products are truly a result of some sort of contract and which ones are following comercial industry trends. They tend to make their commercial line-up a little muddy when they change accessories much faster than the military procurement process works.
    All I know is that SFOD-D had or has K2's or K3's.

Not sure if they still do as I've heard complaints of Keymod failures which may be a result of improper heat treated nuts or improper installs

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    All I know is that SFOD-D had or has K2's or K3's.
    Not doubting you, but do you have a link or reference? I'm curious for my own education's sake.

Not sure if they still do as I've heard complaints of Keymod failures which may be a result of improper heat treated nuts or improper installs
    Anecdotally, I've heard of KM failures as well, specifically about rails not maintaining structural integrity. But again, as always, it's tough to sift through the internet noise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not doubting you, but do you have a link or reference? I'm curious for my own education's sake.
    I'll send you a PM

Anecdotally, I've heard of KM failures as well, specifically about rails not maintaining structural integrity. But again, as always, it's tough to sift through the internet noise.
    Indeed.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't seen any KM failures that weren't user induced. But I haven't really looked for examples either.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My take is this...

Whether better or worse is irrelevent, it's all about perception, marketing, hype, and who backs what. To that end, I think MLOK will win, at least in the commercial segment.

But, until the Big Army changes to one or the other, Picatinny will continue to be the #1 and Mlok and KM will be far distant 2nd and 3rd.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    What gets mounted past the end of a rail besides a vfg? Okay, a PEQ if you have tons of disposable income. Other than that?

Lines or circles. You pick the design.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    What gets mounted past the end of a rail besides a vfg? Okay, a PEQ if you have tons of disposable income. Other than that?

Lines or circles. You pick the design.
    Not much. A vfg, light and a sling, maybe a tripod. And I'm not using the gun as a pile driver either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My take is this...

Whether better or worse is irrelevent, it's all about perception, marketing, hype, and who backs what. To that end, I think MLOK will win, at least in the commercial segment.

But, until the Big Army changes to one or the other, Picatinny will continue to be the #1 and Mlok and KM will be far distant 2nd and 3rd.
    This is pretty much where I'm at. Mlok is the new hotness in large part due to Magpul's effective marketing. They both work. I've got a couple of km rails. If one fails, I'll ditch it. But until then, I'll just stick with what I've got.

I waited almost three years to finally try km after the accessory market caught up. And as soon as I did, mlok came out. Would I have done it differently if they were both available? Maybe. Maybe not.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what's happening with the CSASS but I believe SIG entered their MCX-MR which has a Keymod handguard. Also HK's got their proprietary HKmod or whatever and not sure what KAC submitted, maybe a Keymod M110K2 or K3 or a K1 w/ URX 3.1?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob where ya been hiding ... lol

Me, only had keymod and have a mlok for the next upper, for me it's a toss up really..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't confuse KeyMods performance with BCMs magnesium KMR. Most of the failure rumors I've heard about (never experienced) have all been with the magnesium KMR. OR, a user improperly installing something.