Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Soisauss Build Thread

Alright gals and gents, I guess I can start a progress log on two of my concurrent builds.

Specs: AR Pistol
    -Aeroprecision Upper / Lower
    -Aeroprecision QPQ 10.5 Carbine Barrel
    -PSA Premium BCG / LPK / UPK
    -Rails....................?
    -Veriforce Tactical SS tube + TGS low pro gas block
    -PSA Pistol Tube + Carbine buffer
    -Rainier Arms Mini Comp
    -Strike Industries Cobra AFG
    -Magpul K2 grip (Shoutout to UWone77 and Rainier Arms!)
    -Optics - TBA (thinking iron sights + reflex)
    -Strike Industries charging handle

Specs: 16" Duty Build (No, I'm not L.E., just means this one will be used more than my Queen CMT )
    -Aeroprecision Upper/ Lower
    -Aeroprecision QPQ 16" Midlength Barrel
    -PSA Premium BCG / LPK / UPK
    -BCM Buffer Kit
    -Magpul Furnitures
    -Rail - FORTIS REV (SUPER SHOUTOUT TO UWONE77, RAINIER AND FORTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rail is beautiful!!!) (and yes, I asked for it to be swapped instead of the SWITCH rail since I'm not working on a .308 yet)
    - Optics --> Debating on running Vortex Strikefire with Magnifier or Nikon P223 3-9 600BDC....still TBA
    -Veriforce Tactical SS tube + TGS low pro gas block
    -Rainier Arms XTC Comp
    -Strike Industries charging handle

As noted, still missing a few more parts, but have the majority of all components! Should be a fun weekend to start assembling the things I can

Once again, a HUGE THANK YOU TO UWONE77, FORTIS AND RAINIER for supplying a fairly expensive component to my build and it will definitely not go to waste!

Pics!!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! MUAHAHAHA!

UPDATE 1
    Got both rifles assembled tonight!

The Magpul K2 grip feels amazing on a ar pistol!

Update 2:
    Charging Handles, gas tubes and blocks are in.

Update 3: MOCK TEST FOR 16"

Alright, so found some time tonight to do a quick mock up of the 16" build and, WOW, is all I got to say.

Do not worry, the AFG was just laying around and grabbed it for the mock up shoot.

Rainier XTC AWESOMEnesss

AP barrel

Strike Industries CH

Update 4: Dimple your nipple with a side of cognac....

Under BC98 recommendation of using Rainier Arms BRDE Dimpling Jig, this stuff is definitely worth its weight in gold. Used titanium drill bit for the dimpling, why? I don't know, because I'm a chemist and we love Ti.
    Since it's QPQ/Melonite, elbow grease was used along with CLP for lube. Stuff works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 5: Full Assembly of BOTH. It's DONE!

Finally, have both fully assembled! There are still a few tweaking to do, such as FSB and RSB. The pistol comp may end up switching to something else.....Still debating on the AFG on the pistol, it definitely feels excellent with, considering the pistol size, but does add a few ounces of weight to the overall gun. Gonna need to run through a few courses with the pistol to test the need for an AFG.

Nonetheless, these two builds have been exciting and I have learned much along the way. From dimpling to proper barrel nut torquing. Thanks again to the sponsors, wevo and UW77 for the Fortis rail!!
    Last edited by Soisauss; 21 June 2014 at 21:15.
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Those pics are a beautiful sight.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!! MUAHAHAHA!

The parts are almost as a great sight as the completed rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks GOST!! Been harboring these parts for a while now lol Just been picking things up as I go. lol.

I could not agree more UW. Makes me drools just staring at the boxes and packaging....lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Soisauss Build Thread

Sound like two quality builds coming!

For a pistol build I'd be hard pressed not to use the new rainier force rail. I think when I do my pistol, I'm gonna be using a 10.5" barrel and KX5 inside a 12" force.

Sidebar: envious of your parts piles. I do love watching the boxes stack up. All my boxes were disposed of this weekend after I assembled my rifle.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride4frnt View Post
    Sound like two quality builds coming!

For a pistol build I'd be hard pressed not to use the new rainier force rail. I think when I do my pistol, I'm gonna be using a 10.5" barrel and KX5 inside a 12" force.

Sidebar: envious of your parts piles. I do love watching the boxes stack up. All my boxes were disposed of this weekend after I assembled my rifle.
    Funny you said that, I looked into it but they didn't offer a 10" rail THEN AGAIN, I could jack your idea and do the KX5 with a 12" rail lol my LEO buddy is building me a 7.5" pistol and all that's left on that one is a comp (in progress way before I began to start assembling my own. I guess I can thank him for getting me involve in the building process that I am now building my own). So I can reserve the mini rmc for that one and get the kx5, , I guess win win? lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love build threads. I'll keep an eye out on this one. More pictures please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking good.
    Just a regular guy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Weapon Outfitters has some KX5 in stock.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny you said that, I looked into it but they didn't offer a 10" rail THEN AGAIN, I could jack your idea and do the KX5 with a 12" rail lol my LEO buddy is building me a 7.5" pistol and all that's left on that one is a comp (in progress way before I began to start assembling my own. I guess I can thank him for getting me involve in the building process that I am now building my own). So I can reserve the mini rmc for that one and get the kx5, , I guess win win? lol
    I know it's not all about aesthetics, but that big old KX5 sticking out the front of a pistol sure does look good. And I wouldn't be opposed to you taking my idea. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that combo in mind.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like a sweet pile-o-parts. I'm itching to do something with a Rev myself. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response fellas! Yeah can't wait for the weekend

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the response fellas! Yeah can't wait for the weekend
    Soisauss.... It's Friday night, what are you doing?
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Soisauss.... It's Friday night, what are you doing?
    Starting to assemble the lpk and upk lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool..i love it when boxes turn into a new gun...

maybe i missed it, but what rail and sights/optics are going on the pistol ?