Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are set screwed in. Kind of disappointed that ap didn't make any dimples in it. Either way is not coming out.
    BRUUUHHHH....Do you EVEN OPERATE?!?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good so far, hurry up.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Random question, should I go ahead and install the kns antiroll pins?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisauss View Post
    Random question, should I go ahead and install the kns antiroll pins?
    FWIW, mine didn't work. They look good, but for some reason when I tightened them down the trigger pin would swell in the center and the disconnector wouldn't rock on the pin properly. Gun would fire the first round then not lock the hammer back. Your mileage may vary. Just my experience with them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious how did you attach the gas block?

Set screw. pin or?

Just curious as i have a melonited/nitrided aero barrel also and thought i heard these coatings make it hard to drill, or maybe it was something else, some one help me if im close ..lol
    I have all of my gas blocks pinned and dimpled. At the very least you should have it dimpled. You're right, the nitride coatings make some of these drilled impossible without the right jig and drill bit. I would not trust a gas block that's just screwed in. Range use only, ok.

I have this question into my guy at Aero, so I'll update it.

As for the KNS pins. I think they're a waste of money, return them if you can. Unless you're using a F/A lower, then maybe I'd use'em.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I have all of my gas blocks pinned and dimpled. At the very least you should have it dimpled. You're right, the nitride coatings make some of these drilled impossible without the right jig and drill bit. I would not trust a gas block that's just screwed in. Range use only, ok.

I have this question into my guy at Aero, so I'll update it.

As for the KNS pins. I think they're a waste of money, return them if you can. Unless you're using a F/A lower, then maybe I'd use'em.
    How do I go about dimpling the barrel? It came from ap undimpled. I did as why and they said the coating makes it very difficult to dimple :/

Fair enough on the kns pins lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had my gas block pinned by Rainier Arms for $29.95.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im with UW, atleast have it dimpled for the set screws or better yet as said have the block pinned. I have time to decide how i will do mine, but very least barrel dimpled with jig and set screws securely in place, or pinned, i have setups with both and no problems yet.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im with UW, atleast have it dimpled for the set screws or better yet as said have the block pinned. I have time to decide how i will do mine, but very least barrel dimpled with jig and set screws securely in place, or pinned, i have setups with both and no problems yet.
    Sooooooooo how do you go about dimpling it? Lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    BRDE dimpling jig. Got mine from Rainier and it's been worth its weight in gold. Have even done one melonited barrel.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I dimpled a cheap barrel with a milling machine a while back. Not too hard, just measure twice, cut once as the old saying goes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guess it's time to find a reliable gunsmith in my area.....lol

Nevermind, the brde jig looks legit. Gonna order one, setting the project another 2 weeks back (still have yet to decide on the pistol lol)
    Last edited by Soisauss; 10 June 2014 at 13:14.

Downloads
    Uploads
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha...sorry was late when ui replied..but looks like others got to it, pretty much a jig as mentioned or a gunsmith that is trustworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BC98 View Post
    BRDE dimpling jig. Got mine from Rainier and it's been worth its weight in gold. Have even done one melonited barrel.

Curious, when you drilled into the melonite barrel, seem to be harder on the bit then usual ? or?

Downloads
    Uploads

Curious, when you drilled into the melonite barrel, seem to be harder on the bit then usual ? or?
    Definitely harder than the other barrels (standard parkerized & one stainless). The bit took longer to cut in and I didn't end up drilling the dimples quite as deep.