Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

CMT Tactical UPUR-3 Billet Upper Receiver

CMT Tactical is now offering their new Ultra Precision Upper Receiver-3 (UPUR-3). This version of their upper receiver is the "Slick Side" Upper, without the forward assist and brass deflector. Perfect for those of you who are looking for a Non-FA upper. Made from 7075 T6 Aluminum, these match up perfectly with your CMT Billet Lowers. CMT Tactical is also having a sale price on them for $118. Checkout their website here to order.

Description:

The Cross Machine Tool Ultra Precision Upper Receiver Part# UPUR-3 Slick Side upper is the perfect Mate to your UHP-15 lower receiver or would also be a great match with any Mil-Spec lower. The UPUR-3 is machined from Billet 7075 T6 Aluminum unlike the more commonly used 6061. Using the 7075 T6 aluminum gives the UPUR-3 a 65% increase in strength & rigidity over 6061 aluminum receivers. The UPUR-3 is machined on a 5 Axis machining Center to reduce the number of operations/setups required to complete. This machining process allows the highest possible accuracy to be obtained over the traditional 3 or 4 Axis machining method. The UPUR-3 is designed for increased function, performance & to provide an advanced modern appearance & feel to the AR15 platform weapon system. The UPUR-3 is a Precision upper great for a Precision long range rifle build or for a more minimalistic build approach.

Specifications:

5 axis machined from 7075 T6 billet
    Engraved “T” numbers
    1913 Picatinny Rail flat top
    Mil Spec Type III class II hard coat anodized Black
    Increased wall thickness for added rigidity
    Compatible with Mil spec parts
    Compatible with most aftermarket handguard/rail systems
    Precision Carrier bore diameter to aid long range accuracy performance
    Ejection Port sized for compatibility with 458 SOCOM rifle builds with no additional machining required on ejection port
    Weighs 7.7 ozs
    Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
    Compatible with "Tactical Link" Enhanced Battery Assist Lever
    NO forward assist, Shell deflector & dust cover
    Does Not have M4 feed Ramps

MSRP: $128.00

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like CMT will also be making a side charging version as well. Stay tuned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the looks of these and understand why they are built without feed ramps, especially if the intent is to support .458 SOCOM. I'm glad to see a manufacturer consider side-chargers too, they've been scarce lately. CMT is putting out some great parts and the pricing on this is really attractive. Kudos.

But these lack of M4 ramps kinda makes this upper fall ever so slightly short of "perfect for those of you who are looking for a Non-FA upper" - at least in the broadest sense. I know I'm starting at my stash of 5.56 barrels with M4 ramps on the extensions thinking "SO close......"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I love the looks of these and understand why they are built without feed ramps, especially if the intent is to support .458 SOCOM. I'm glad to see a manufacturer consider side-chargers too, they've been scarce lately. CMT is putting out some great parts and the pricing on this is really attractive. Kudos.

But these lack of M4 ramps kinda makes this upper fall ever so slightly short of "perfect for those of you who are looking for a Non-FA upper" - at least in the broadest sense. I know I'm starting at my stash of 5.56 barrels with M4 ramps on the extensions thinking "SO close......"
    I agree with you, I'd love to see some M4 ramps cut into these slick side uppers. I plan to use one with a Rainier Arms 18" Ultramatch barrel for a precision rig. The lack of ramps don't bother me, as I'm not going to use this as my duty gun and in my previous experiences with M4 cuts on a barrel and none on a receiver, they still work fine, just not the other way around.

I'm guessing if there is enough demand, CMT will put out some cut with M4 feedramps. The owner is very receptive to the wants of his customers. I know that he is planning to support .458 SOCOM, and he's basically only had a small window of machine time to slip these uppers into production while trying to keep up with the rest of his products.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been waiting for an upper for .458 SOCOM. Looks like some of the rest of you on the forum are also looking into 458.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very clean looking.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    CMT Tactical has advised me that Slick Side Uppers with M4 cuts will be available in 3-4 weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like they might already be done in the raw.......those guys are too good. I'm a buyer when they hit the market.

Sigh, I seem to be doing that a lot right now. Overall prices are really good, even from the better manufacturers, so I'm in cumplusive buying mode. Quickly running out of 5.56 variants that I want, guess it's time to build up a 300 Blackout and get back to researching 6.5 Grendel.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like it. Looks similar to the dedicated .22lr upper I designed a while ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I like it. Looks similar to the dedicated .22lr upper I designed a while ago.
    Well where are the pics of this design Dave? I'm thinking about building a .22lr upper sometime this year.

As for the CMT upper, is anyone planning on building a slick side upper? I'm thinking of using my 18" Rainier Ultramatch barrel, 17.5" Parallax Rail, and this upper for a precision build. I might have to mock this up this weekend first to see how it looks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Well where are the pics of this design Dave? I'm thinking about building a .22lr upper sometime this year.

As for the CMT upper, is anyone planning on building a slick side upper? I'm thinking of using my 18" Rainier Ultramatch barrel, 17.5" Parallax Rail, and this upper for a precision build. I might have to mock this up this weekend first to see how it looks.

Sounds like a nice build...17.5" rail is crazy...

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll look like a MG34.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Sigh. I know man. Too many irons in the fire right now, need to focus. I was going to get an FFL so I could design more than just uppers (commercially, anyhow) but the process is long, tedious and expensive.

Once I finish up the iOS game I'm working on I'll attack that next

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any news on the side charge model availability or release date?