Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Aimpoint Announces the T2 Optic

Thanks to our friends at Gear Scout for breaking the news.

Aimpoint has announced the T2 Optic. The T2 is an updated version of the much loved T1. Updates include a protective housing, front and rear protective covers (think iOCover), and protection for the sight adjustment turrents. Aimpoint also says the internal electronics will be more rugged, as well as a new front lens and new reflective coating.

No need to go out an buy new mounts as the T2 will work with all existing T1 compatible mounts. The T2 will continue to use a CR2032 battery with a 5 year life. No word on yet if it will be a 2 MOA or 4 MOA dot.

Aimpoint will continue to offer the T1 along with the T2. Personally, I'm hoping for PRO type pricing on the T1, while the T2 occupies the previous price point of the T1. You'll have some time to save up for this optic, as they are scheduled to be released in September. We'll update this post as more information and full specs are released. Checkout Aimpoint here to keep updated.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Love my T1. They should have bought IO Cover and used that instead. I think it's a better solution than flip-up caps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about to go broke.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd probably take the caps off. Maybe this will cause a large amount of used T1s to hit the market at a decent price.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definately looking forward to a T1 price drop. Hopefully I can get two for the price of one

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I can get a used T1 for a good price.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Aimpoint will continue to offer the T1 along with the T2. Personally, I'm hoping for PRO type pricing on the T1, while the T2 occupies the previous price point of the T1....
    I'd love to see that happen. I'd throw this PA micro on my AK and would throw a T1 on my BCM.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally finished the Adam Arms "Voodoo" Ultra Lite upper today, and besides breakdown for cerakote and hydro dip, all it needs is an Aimpoint T1 or H1. My friend pulled one off of his, and the weight of the rifle is unreal light. I was going to order a T1 or H1, but it looks like we might have some price drops coming up? Man, I hope so, wouldn't mind seeing the T! and T2 cause a price drop in the H1.

Hope this all comes fast....

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like I'll be waiting on that T-1 purchase. Hopefully I can snag a used one cheaper or like previously said we get pro pricing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I'm about to go broke.
    Too late. I'm there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What's wrong with Aimpoint? Don't they know I had to buy a new car? These insensitive SOB's.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    "Personally, I'm hoping for PRO type pricing on the T1, while the T2 occupies the previous price point of the T1"

THIS! YES, THIS!
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's pretty obvious based on every discussion thread I've read online so far about the T2 optic is that everyone is excited more about the possibility of a T1 price drop. That and the excited people hoping for blow out deals on used T1's.

I hope Aimpoint is paying attention and is able to offer PRO like pricing on T1's. Obviously dropping the price to PRO levels would kill the market on PRO's, but I could see a senario where they have a $500 MSRP and a $450 ish street price. I don't think Aimpoint will cease T1 production as they keep cranking out M3's and ML3's despite PRO's dominating the market with the same/or better features in the case of the ML3.

Should be an interesting fall when these are released!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't really think they (T2's) will kill the P.R.O., UW. I know a lot of people who prefer the larger optics and lenses over the T1 or H1. Some not only consider the lens's and "view" are too small, unless mounted close to the upper, I've met several that think the diminutive size make them less "battle tough" than the P.R.O. I disagree with that, but I do like my P.R.O.'s and ML3. I've borrowed my buddies T1 a time or two, and just found it to be a good fit. And now that the "Voodoo" Ultra Lite gun is pretty much finished, I want to top it with an ultra lite red dot.

So, I don't think the PRO's will be killed off, and I wish they'd hurry up and get this thing going so I can see that hopeful major drop in price on the T1's or H1's. Wishful thinking I guess.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper