Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The H1 is my favorite RDS. Would love to be able to get another around $450.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I don't really think they (T2's) will kill the P.R.O., UW. I know a lot of people who prefer the larger optics and lenses over the T1 or H1. Some not only consider the lens's and "view" are too small, unless mounted close to the upper, I've met several that think the diminutive size make them less "battle tough" than the P.R.O. I disagree with that, but I do like my P.R.O.'s and ML3. I've borrowed my buddies T1 a time or two, and just found it to be a good fit. And now that the "Voodoo" Ultra Lite gun is pretty much finished, I want to top it with an ultra lite red dot.

So, I don't think the PRO's will be killed off, and I wish they'd hurry up and get this thing going so I can see that hopeful major drop in price on the T1's or H1's. Wishful thinking I guess.

FT
    FT,

I think you may have misread my post, or I did a crap job of relaying my thoughts on it. I don't think the T1 or T2 will kill off the PRO. Like you said a lot of guys including myself enjoy the bigger field of view offered by full sized Aimpoints. What I was saying is, I don't think that if there is a price drop (and no one at Aimpoint has said there would be) on the T1, I don't think it would fall to the level of the PRO as it would compete with it. Then again, I don't pretend to understand Aimpoints pricing scheme as the PRO is much less than the M3 and ML3, but they continue to offer the latter.

In the end I'd like to see the MSRP of the T1 drop to $500, so we can see a street price of $450ish, and then shooters will have an option of the "entry level" Aimpoint at $360-$400 in the PRO and the micro Aimpoint at $450-$500. The newest models like the T2 and M4 can stay at $700 MSRP.

This is all wishful thinking on my end of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    UW you need to rub that magic genie lamp of yours that gets you all the gear and make it happen.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    The H1 is my favorite RDS. Would love to be able to get another around $450.
    totally forgot about the h1 and that one is already cheaper than the t1 right? i hope the t2 drops both price then i'd love to get either. now..what to do with my PA t1 clone..
    IG: Sexual_Meatball

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    In the end I'd like to see the MSRP of the T1 drop to $500, so we can see a street price of $450ish, and then shooters will have an option of the "entry level" Aimpoint at $360-$400 in the PRO and the micro Aimpoint at $450-$500. The newest models like the T2 and M4 can stay at $700 MSRP.

This is all wishful thinking on my end of course.
    I'm not a huge fan of the T1, and especially if you compare the pricing. I do like my PRO. I have my T-1 mounted on a rifle I rarely use. It's OK, just not my preference and way down my list on meeting my needs in the price/performance arena. There are some who really feel that that $700 price point is worthwhile for what they get, I'm just not one of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmac, I can see you might have reasons to not be a huge fan of the T1. That being said, compairing the T1 and H1 to the P.R.0, IMO, is comparing apples and oranges. Therefore a price/performance analogy just doesn't make sense. I have P.R.O.'s and an ML3, and there are major differences in folks intended use for them vs. the T1/H1.

I don't care for the $700 price point of the T1 either, but will be buying one for a newly completed lightweight rifle. The PRO offers a much wider range of vision with it's larger lenses, and is battle tank tough. Placing a T1 about 1/3 or more down the length of your rifle offers a narrower "view" with it's smaller lens. Like looking at a nickel vs. looking at a silver dollar.

It's like saying I prefer a truck to a Prius, because of the price point. They both get you down the road, but in much different ways.

Just sayin
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Hmac, I can see you might have reasons to not be a huge fan of the T1. That being said, compairing the T1 and H1 to the P.R.0, IMO, is comparing apples and oranges. Therefore a price/performance analogy just doesn't make sense. I have P.R.O.'s and an ML3, and there are major differences in folks intended use for them vs. the T1/H1.

I don't care for the $700 price point of the T1 either, but will be buying one for a newly completed lightweight rifle. The PRO offers a much wider range of vision with it's larger lenses, and is battle tank tough. Placing a T1 about 1/3 or more down the length of your rifle offers a narrower "view" with it's smaller lens. Like looking at a nickel vs. looking at a silver dollar.

It's like saying I prefer a truck to a Prius, because of the price point. They both get you down the road, but in much different ways.

Just sayin
    I have absolutely zero desire to drive a Prius, in fact desire NOT to drive a Prius (nor own another T1 and probably not a T2), especially at the price. Was my point.

Some people, many people, will pay extra for the size and weight and be happy to do it, however, I agree.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do people actually pay $700 for a T-1? Seems like there's so many other ways to get them for less than that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Do people actually pay $700 for a T-1? Seems like there's so many other ways to get them for less than that.
    I'll stick with my SPARC. I'm not kicking down doors or looking for bad guys. And I'm on a budget.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also thought that the micros were to expensive till I used one. Their durability and battery life are very impressive. I used to be an Eotech fan because of the larger FOV, but with both eyes open using a micro all you see is a floating dot. You can H1's for around $500 new with a little shopping around. I'm very pleased with the H1.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    My point was that you can find them online for much less. I bought a "used" NIB T-1 2 MOA on a forum with a LT-660 mount for ~$650 a year or two ago. I'm not knocking the optic (I have a couple), but there's just other ways to come by them for less if you shop around.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since the micros have become the tac-du-jour I also hope the new t2 drives down the price of the t1, and that in turn drives down the price of the PRO. I'm over the micros for guns that get shot and prefer the legacy 30mm tubes with a 2 MOA dot.

I'd love to see a $350 PRO, especially if it came with a better, smaller, mount without the big knob.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Since the micros have become the tac-du-jour I also hope the new t2 drives down the price of the t1, and that in turn drives down the price of the PRO. I'm over the micros for guns that get shot and prefer the legacy 30mm tubes with a 2 MOA dot.

I'd love to see a $350 PRO, especially if it came with a better, smaller, mount without the big knob.
    Agreed. One can find the PRO at the $350 price point with a combination of luck and diligent shopping and/or whenever there are sales (Veteran's Day, Black Friday, etc.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Rob, you always preach quantitative measurements, so I'm curious, what is it that a 30mm tube does better than a T-1, besides price, for you? Price is a compelling reason, especially when compared to the weight difference (I think it's only 4 oz or so). The other prominent argument is FOV compared to a 30mm tube (or Eotech). When plinking, I can certainly notice the difference, but when trying to complete a dedicated task, I find the body disappears and finding targets isn't an issue.

I ask not to argue your preferences, just curious to your reasons. And I agree, a more efficient mount would be welcome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not so much of a field of view issue as it is an angle of view. The larger tube allows me to see the dot from a less-perfect angle than the T1.

I'm very much all about weight savings, but for me in the case of the T1 it comes at a cost I'm not willing to pay. shooting something like the 9-hole wall drill makes the 30mm tube preferable to me.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET