Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What works best for some doesn't work for everyone. I also really like my H1 and PRO.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got talked into the PRO by a fella on here and had only used a Primary arms red dot before that, it worked but compared to the pro it is so much worth the extra $$, even though id run a PA RD on a .22 or something.

Never tried a micro but would like to one day.

One thing for me on the pro is i have to run the dot very low or it get starry for me ( if thats a word..lol)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    UW, you, as well as the forum "guru" should know, as a LEO, with ongoing training, that "courses" or IPSC or whatever, is not combat, and those static targets that you can pre-solve won't go pew...pew...pew.. unless you have a speaker system set up to do that and "fire back" at you....

Seriously, I'm not poking at you, just the poster with the same old b.s as to how everyone is a keyboard commando, and said poster's monitor must glow war figher red, with his bud's blood. Too much time playing war games on the keyboard, I think.

But really, I'd like to see your times, under a super stressful situation that mimics real combat, and see if that 15 seconds shrinks or even grows a bit.

When shooting IPSC and other "training" courses and the "foe" doesn't think, or hunt you as hard as you're hunting him, when said foe, might even have more training than yourself, or experience, these hypothetical's as to how one optic over another, seem to blur a bit.

I'm not saying that your training isn't as good or better than myself or others, i'm just trying to state, that when people start comparing other's experiences with their "courses" and don't have a clue what real combat is like, and how it can make even the best of plans and training go to hell in a hand basket, it's really hard to make a definitive opinion on something that one doesn't understand or know.

Respectfully, as always,

FT
    I wasn't aware you were still engaging in "combat"? Nor was I aware that anyone said anything about "combat"?

Even if it were, all that a target that returns fire would do to the equation relative to acquiring targets is make the micros LESS ideal, not more.

This thread is about a new micro optic from Aimpoint, not "combat".

We all get it, you served. In what capacity or whether that service involved "combat" is unclear, nor does it matter relative to the vast majority of topics on this forum, yet you constantly try to drag things back to that realm. Or, I should say, retreat back, presumably out of a lack of anything else to offer the discussion.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    And I like red velvet cupcakes.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    And I like red velvet cupcakes.
    I like cupcakes too and this post took a big ol sassy turn. This is the reason I am afraid to comment on here sometimes, someone might eat my face off 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by akersc View Post
    I like cupcakes too and this post took a big ol sassy turn. This is the reason I am afraid to comment on here sometimes, someone might eat my face off 😁

No one is going to eat your face off... comment as you please, we like having the resident lady on the forum.

Don't mind rob, he's actually chalk full of good information... This is the clip I think of best to describe him:

Seriously Rob, I've learned quite a lot over the years from you. I "get" your presentation

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    No one is going to eat your face off... comment as you please, we like having the resident lady on the forum.

Don't mind rob, he's actually chalk full of good information... This is the clip I think of best to describe him:

Seriously Rob, I've learned quite a lot over the years from you. I "get" your presentation
    Oh I'll still post, I actually read more than post. If ya'll get sassy with me, maybe I'll eat your faces 😉

Downloads
    Uploads
    I do prefer the larger 30mm over the 20mm cupcakes.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I do prefer the larger 30mm over the 20mm cupcakes.
    Careful with those 30mm cupcakes.... you'll end up taking up a larger part of the FOV
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this has deteriorated enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, don't let a bit of silliness deter you from posting. I think the industry, which was once totally male dominated, and for the most part still is, is attracting a lot more women in the shooting sports. Probably a bit less tactical, and more sporting clays, skeet, trap etc. But females can reach out to other females who've been fed the "anti-gun" propaganda, when they see other ladies interested in shooting. Women are also becoming major players in self defense pistol purchases, to defend themselves. I know the "left" hates that with a passion, I guess some ladies don't like other ladies from arming themselves against an overpowering rapist, attacker or whatever. The logic escapes me, but it seems that some groups think it's more "honorable?" to be attacked, than to put a slug in a would be rapist/attacker..etc.

Also there has been a surge of ladies in the sport shooting, and hunting arena's. I welcome them.

I think my daughter would have been a heck of a shooting fiend, except my ex-wife got hit in the head with something (she got indoctrinated in college), and I would have truly loved to have had her (my daughter) by my side at the range and in the field had she not been brainwashed after our divorce. (when she was about 4, she always talked about hunting lions)

Anyway, this forum, being dedicated to tactical weaponry, might not attract the majority of female shooters, their presence ( and yours) I think is something we all should welcome. I do think that I've read that several shooters here, do have wives/girlfriends/daughters, etc that shoot in one capacity or another in the "tactical" world. Some of the competition shooters are on a level playing field, as it's not necessarily a sport or competition that requires massive amounts of testosterone to be competitive.

So, post. It's good to look at things from all perspectives.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, don't let a bit of silliness deter you from posting. I think the industry, which was once totally male dominated, and for the most part still is, is attracting a lot more women in the shooting sports. Probably a bit less tactical, and more sporting clays, skeet, trap etc. But females can reach out to other females who've been fed the "anti-gun" propaganda, when they see other ladies interested in shooting. Women are also becoming major players in self defense pistol purchases, to defend themselves. I know the "left" hates that with a passion, I guess some ladies don't like other ladies from arming themselves against an overpowering rapist, attacker or whatever. The logic escapes me, but it seems that some groups think it's more "honorable?" to be attacked, than to put a slug in a would be rapist/attacker..etc.

Also there has been a surge of ladies in the sport shooting, and hunting arena's. I welcome them.

I think my daughter would have been a heck of a shooting fiend, except my ex-wife got hit in the head with something (she got indoctrinated in college), and I would have truly loved to have had her (my daughter) by my side at the range and in the field had she not been brainwashed after our divorce. (when she was about 4, she always talked about hunting lions)

Anyway, this forum, being dedicated to tactical weaponry, might not attract the majority of female shooters, their presence ( and yours) I think is something we all should welcome. I do think that I've read that several shooters here, do have wives/girlfriends/daughters, etc that shoot in one capacity or another in the "tactical" world. Some of the competition shooters are on a level playing field, as it's not necessarily a sport or competition that requires massive amounts of testosterone to be competitive.

So, post. It's good to look at things from all perspectives.

FT
    FT I will continue to read and post, I just like yanking your guys chains. I do appreciate the support, you are a pretty great guy! As far as women getting into shooting, I hope more do! I do have one suggestion though, for those manufacturers that want to bring more women in, they really should stop trying to sell their products with half naked women. I for one do not like to see that and will NOT do business with those who do. If they want to bring more women in, advertise with real women, with real bodies, that know how to use the firearm they are showing! Make clothing in fluffy girl sizes and make it fit right, I hate shirts that are so tight you can see everything, if you know what I mean! Also woman are smaller than men, they need to make products that fit our hands. It took me forever to find the right grip, rail and buttstock that fit me. We need more choices and more companies that are build on good customer service and great products, that should be what sells things NOT naked women. If you need that to sell your products then you have bigger problems.

I love coming to the forum, its where I go to find new things and see what the boys have to say about them. I would never let someones bad attitude make me leave, it will take a heck of a lot more than that. I will be honest, the only reason I don't post a lot is because I don't think a lot of the guys on here take me very serious. I will show them one day that I am not just another dumb twit that acts like she knows what shes talking about (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't :) ) Thank you again for your kind words and sorry for my long-winded rant, this is a very hot button topic for me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    uhhh... I guess then, you probably might not enjoy the advertisements for Harley parts? Just guessing......

Me. I will not tolerate sexy women in tight clothing, shooting guns or anything else, for that matter. I promise. really, me and every other dude on the site... you have my word on it...... O.K., some things will change slower than others...

FT
    Sorry, just tying to be honest. Nothing more sexy than a female blasting away a cape buffalo.. or grizzly...

AK... you have my word on it. If I ever see a lady shooting with a very sheer looking blouse or skirt, next to me, I will do the right thing, and poke both of my eyes out with sticks.... So there, you now know that there are no male pigs on this forum.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    uhhh... I guess then, you probably might not enjoy the advertisements for Harley parts? Just guessing......

Me. I will not tolerate sexy women in tight clothing, shooting guns or anything else, for that matter. I promise. really, me and every other dude on the site... you have my word on it...... O.K., some things will change slower than others...

FT
    Sorry, just tying to be honest. Nothing more sexy than a female blasting away a cape buffalo.. or grizzly...

AK... you have my word on it. If I ever see a lady shooting with a very sheer looking blouse or skirt, next to me, I will do the right thing, and poke both of my eyes out with sticks.... So there, you now know that there are no male pigs on this forum.
    Thanks for the support weirdo 😉

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the support weirdo 😉

Akersc,
    On a serious note, I do think that you'll start seeing less "scantily clad ladies" in ads, but it'll take a while. Even though more and more women are getting into shooting for SD, Competition, Hunting or just plain fun shooting, they are really still a minority. So, especially in the "macho" magazines it will take a while for the industry to adjust. If you look at the magazines that cater more to the hunting or Skeet/Trap/Sporting clays, I think while they've never had ad's that could really be called "offensive", they've made the transition to a "family oriented" publication(s).

On an related aside, I'm out of shooting for at least a short while until the doctors figure out what's wrong with my shoulder, I went to the club the other day, just to meet some guys and watch some trap shooting and five stage, I was both surprised and pleased to see about 7 to 10 young girls in their early to mid teens there with their dad's to learn to shoot Trap. I'd bet one of these young ladies will get serious and be kicking some serious butt in a few years.

Anyway, until the numbers, especially in the tactical arena, of women start growing significantly, you'll just have to deal with the testosterone fueled magazine ads, but my guess is that they'll start changing a bit in the not so distant future.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger