Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Akersc,
    On a serious note, I do think that you'll start seeing less "scantily clad ladies" in ads, but it'll take a while. Even though more and more women are getting into shooting for SD, Competition, Hunting or just plain fun shooting, they are really still a minority. So, especially in the "macho" magazines it will take a while for the industry to adjust. If you look at the magazines that cater more to the hunting or Skeet/Trap/Sporting clays, I think while they've never had ad's that could really be called "offensive", they've made the transition to a "family oriented" publication(s).

On an related aside, I'm out of shooting for at least a short while until the doctors figure out what's wrong with my shoulder, I went to the club the other day, just to meet some guys and watch some trap shooting and five stage, I was both surprised and pleased to see about 7 to 10 young girls in their early to mid teens there with their dad's to learn to shoot Trap. I'd bet one of these young ladies will get serious and be kicking some serious butt in a few years.

Anyway, until the numbers, especially in the tactical arena, of women start growing significantly, you'll just have to deal with the testosterone fueled magazine ads, but my guess is that they'll start changing a bit in the not so distant future.

FT
    Awe sorry about your shoulder, I hope you get it all figured out soon.

As far as the ads go I can't wait to see the day. I love that I can go to Rainier Arms website and not have to worry about that crap. Phase 5 is legit as well. Their products sell itself and the customer service is top notch at both, I am a forever customer for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    To a certain extent, cheesier products use cheesier advertising. Find good products/companies, less cheese (in every way).

-john

Downloads
    Uploads
    Want!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    I'm about to go broke.
    Same here. Wife is going to murder me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You'll have to start you a black ops fund brother.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking forward to getting one of these, my new rifle is getting lonely. Last I read, the release date was supposed to be September does anyone have any kind of update? Woohoo! Coming soon! http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint?sort=popular
    Last edited by Stone; 8 September 2014 at 17:45.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the early talk on this optic is, Aimpoint is positioning the T2 as their premium optic, and the price of the T1 won't drop. If the T1 does drop, it will be a very small amount. No pricing has been given so far.

Stay tuned.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Looks like the early talk on this optic is, Aimpoint is positioning the T2 as their premium optic, and the price of the T1 won't drop. If the T1 does drop, it will be a very small amount. No pricing has been given so far.

Stay tuned.
    I figured this to be the case right from the beginning. Why would Aimpoint drop prices when customers will shell out the coin for the current H1 and T1? Makes sense to me that the T2 will come in around $75 more than the T1. Time will tell.

I chose the H1 for my first Micro two years ago and have been completely satisfied with the purchase. The addition of the iO cover was icing on the cake.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a "LNIB" H1 and am perfectly happy with it. The T1 plus a detachable mount just wasn't worth the money, for my needs. I doubt the T2 will be any different, as far as me wanting one, unless I came upon another once in a lifetime deal.

I never did buy into the theory that the price of the P.R.O would drop, since they are apples to oranges. So I wondered if the T1 would just disappear and the T2 would be the standard bearer. I guess I was wrong on that count. It's apparent that Aimpoint believes there is room for both a T1 and a T2, at least for now.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    There's nothing here to say that the price of the PRO won't drop. I think it still will within the next year. I think the real value of that optic is $350.

I'm disappointed to see that the H1 won't become the "PRO mini". A 2MOA H1 at $400 would be a good market filler. There's a big gap in price between the H1 and the next closest fakepoint.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have to agree with Rob.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great!

I'll echo every one else on the hopes of a cheaper T1 though lol
    Let my last thought not be, "if only I had my gun..."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

Stay tuned.
    I'm just speculating here, but my prediction is the first 2-3 months the T2 is out, the price of the T1 wouldn't vary. It wouldn't be until the market is flooded with T2's and Aimpoint has quite a few T1's just sitting on store shelves gathering dust that the price of the T1 will begin to fall appreciably.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm hoping they do the H1 like they did the R1.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks great! Glad I waited to get one.