Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sporting clays. trap and wobble skeet rank very high on my list of fun time activities. And it gets you sharp before duck and goose season. Ruger Red Label over under and Benneli SBE2 are my usual choices. Using my VEPR12 on the wobble skeet stand was insane to say the least.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Using my VEPR12 on the wobble skeet stand was insane to say the least.
    Ha...ha..ha.. Sounds great, but we have a more "conservative" or old school bunch that using a Vepr12 for trap, skeet or 5 stand probably wouldn't go over to well here... I'd love to see someone try it though...
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not but would really like to learn the ropes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sporting clays. trap and wobble skeet rank very high on my list of fun time activities. And it gets you sharp before duck and goose season. Ruger Red Label over under and Benneli SBE2 are my usual choices. Using my VEPR12 on the wobble skeet stand was insane to say the least.
    This! But I only own an 870 😢

Really need to start saving for a good o/u

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift.Six View Post

Nothing wrong with an 870 or 1100 for trapshooting. Some of the most accomplished trapshooters in the history of the sport shot them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love shooting the clays of all types.

I am by no means an expert but I do like to do it a lot. Usually I do it out in the back yard or a local cow pasture :)

If I were offering tips it would be to shoot the lowest bird first :) Practice leading targets (even just as a drill without even actually shooting)...just dry practice mounting (shouldering) your weapon and leading. Also study out (on paper) the geometry of flight patterns at your kitchen table. Once you get the concept of the angles down it becomes a lot easier. You gotta shoot where the bird is going to be at not where he just was.

As for gear, a properly fitted shotgun will make a WORLD of difference. An improperly fitted shotgun leads to a whole lot of frustration. It doesn't have to be perfect but it helps understand the basics of what you as a shooter should be doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLLnGM3DXE0

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspipeshooter View Post
    Nothing wrong with an 870 or 1100 for trapshooting. Some of the most accomplished trapshooters in the history of the sport shot them.
    You're fine with an 870 or 1100. I use a Berretta A390ST with a Super Trap barrel. I take that barrel off and shoot game with the same gun and a 26" barrel. Lots of folks doing Trap are using the "under" single barrel type guns.
    I see a lot of guys with 6K to 10K guns who aren't doing any better than those using Beretta's, Remington, and others. Also a O/U'S usually go two ways, cheap, and expensive then enough to buy a house with. Cheap O/U's are cheap for a reason. Unless you have a couple grand or more to spend on an O/U, just to try trap, your Rem 1100 is better quality than most O/U's in the same price range. If you find you really like it, then save 2K to the sky's the limit dedicated trap gun.

But for now, you're good to go.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Ha...ha..ha.. Sounds great, but we have a more "conservative" or old school bunch that using a Vepr12 for trap, skeet or 5 stand probably wouldn't go over to well here... I'd love to see someone try it though...
    We were burning their shells at a pretty good mark up so they didn't mind. Hahaha

Broke more clays and killed more birds shooting a 870 older than me than all my other shotguns combined. Only reason I retired the gun was as my father ages it's value to me skyrockets. Trigger time is trigger time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Any Trap Shooters Here?

We were burning their shells at a pretty good mark up so they didn't mind. Hahaha

Broke more clays and killed more birds shooting a 870 older than me than all my other shotguns combined. Only reason I retired the gun was as my father ages it's value to me skyrockets. Trigger time is trigger time.
    It is great for what it is, but I'm at the point where it just isn't the right tool for the job when playing faster clay games. Needing fast follow up shots for the doubles a pump isn't cutting it when I want to complete.

What's worse is I got to shoot the Beretta 692 Sporting... It's amazing 😀 and one will be mine one day.

http://s58.photobucket.com/user/llte...s7thl.mp4.html
    Last edited by Shift.Six; 5 October 2014 at 17:16.