Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty. Nice build there.
    It's difficult to soar with eagles, when you work with turkeys...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Mike! Yea it seems to have built up fast but behind the scenes I was up till 0100 this morning fighting that dang Adams kit, back on it 0600 this morning. I feel like ive let dad down a bit, when he asked could we fit a piston kit I said sure, well its been a battle and still not out the woods. First off the Evo had to be worked on a bit due to contact with the giant gas block, a lot of on and off. Once I had that handled I realized something very important I didn't think about Adams enlarged the carrier to combat bolt tilt problem with that is a billet upper and lower with tight mil spec and a carrier slighty over spec. After an hour or so of file and polish to the bolt catch hammer buffer retainer pin a hell of a lot of racking and a blister on my finger from said racking I thought I had it. Just got back from a function check at our range and although accurate as the devil but still got bolt problems. Back to the polishing I suppose and hope for the best. Dad said he would up for swapping to gas if it was too much of a problem but I really don't want to do that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is she that tight? Good luck with it, on my last build I had a couple of NiB BCG's that were tighter than I was comfortable with. Ended up selling 2 of them and keeping the Rainer. Hope you get worked out, she looks great.
    DEUTERONOMY 6:5
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Is she that tight? Good luck with it, on my last build I had a couple of NiB BCG's that were tighter than I was comfortable with. Ended up selling 2 of them and keeping the Rainer. Hope you get worked out, she looks great.
    Oh yea got a pretty good bind starting about half inch back them seems to kinda slip past. I'm suspecting the bolt catch, I jeweled it some today and it got a little better tomorrow I think i'm just going to remove it and see what she does. It's hard knowing the easy way is just a gas block and gas tube swap but he had talked about wanting a piston gun so long I gotta give it my best try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok after a lot of swapping removing and basically rebuilding I found the problem. Swapped in my entire SunDevil lower and everything went slick. Apparently the Area53 is too tight for the Adams carrier cause I cant see a thing wrong with it and it runs perfectly fine on my DI setup and when i put the SunDevil on the piston upper there was noticeable slop that wasn't there with the Area53. So basically I had to turn it into a modernized AK but at least I know the problem now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sending the Area 53 back? I've never heard of them, where are they based out of? Do they make their receivers in house? Or branded existing ones?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No they seem to work fine on the DI uppers and I still got a few projects in the works. They are based out of Washington state and i think they do their own. I'll post pictures of what I " think" the problem is in a comparison of the 2. Still not sure how we're going to proceed with the situation I told dad we'll play it however he wants.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it looks like the original config. can be used now. After playing around with two lowers I made a little progress. It seems that .15'' was the cure, I had to break out the ole file again. I popped the rear takedown pin out and parted the back I then placed a business card between the upper and lower and held them together while I tried the action. Bingo smooth as can be. Now being that the lower has a takeup screw in the grip area for tightening the receivers up I jeweled out the rear takedown pin hole lower side on the upper. Put her back together and had a slight amount of play which I later took out with the set screw. Now with the play and when tightened up the bolt works great no binds or hangs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very cool to hear that you got it fixed. Now we need to see pics of your dad's first kill with it.
    flickr
    facebook
    The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power - Nikola Telsa

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GOST View Post
    Very cool to hear that you got it fixed. Now we need to see pics of your dad's first kill with it.
    The pics are sure to follow but may be a minute. Here in ole GA its getting to the holy cow it's hot and I tried dealing with a hog in July once....once. Maybe we can pick up a stray Yote soon around the property.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel your pain the heat and humidity here in east TN here has turned me into a winter person.
    flickr
    facebook

Downloads
    Uploads
    Any accuracy testing with match ammo or bulk ammo with the Wilson Barrel yet?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Any accuracy testing with match ammo or bulk ammo with the Wilson Barrel yet?
    So far it's impressive I cant wait to see what she can do when broke in. Only ran 2 loads so far through her Hornady 110 vmax factory and pulled 90gr gold dot handloads both group at least half inch. Gonna do some more breakin soon and cook up some loads for accuracy. Range picks to follow when I can get a chance.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok we have a final config. The Area53 just aint gone work with the Adams. So I swapped in my SunDevil lower, although I could get it to function smooth we were having problems in the mag area, not only was it riding the rounds very hard it started to have some weird feeding issues every now and then and I just aint havin it. After the swap a quick range trip and and function was flawless. I know we all like picks so here we go. I'm no where near as talented at photography as many of you here but maybe these will suffice.

Downloads
    Uploads